Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 09:23 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Moore won. Trump won with allegations against him, even with a tape of him grabbing women's body parts and laughing about it. Our country has lost it's morals. Moore is no christian. It's a facade he hides behind. I have many relatives in Alabama who won't vote for Moore because they believe the allegations against him. But they won't vote democratic either, so they will just stay home.
Why not?

Old 12-02-2017, 07:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I fully expect Moore to win, albeit narrowly, if only because due to the hypocrisy and double standard of the left on the issue of allegations of sexual assault and harassment. If the left was consistent (they call on Moore to step aside, while not making similar calls for Franken, who is photographed molesting a sleeping woman, or Conyers, who paid to settle sexual harassment claims against him) with their criticism and behavior in response to such issues, their candidate would stand a stronger chance in the election.

But I don't see Moore openly defying McConnell, although I think McConnell wished that he would as it would mean that they wouldn't be tied together as much. I think Moore will work with the GOP in an effort to win the next election, which is NO sure bet. I think many GOP primary voters--even if they will vote for him on election day next month--are kicking themselves for backing this man in the first place, even if they don't believe the allegations against him. It would be in Moore's best electoral interests to show that he's capable of being effective, which requires more work with the establishment in the Senate. Controversy surrounding an already controversial man would not be good for Moore.
Yep the lefts double standard of the left is why people will ignore their fake moral superiority claims but we all know they will anyway. Déjà vu, judge Moore is getting the Democrat boilerplate Herman Cain treatment while Bill Clinton got a pass. And then there is McCain, who committed adultery, divorced his wife to marry the woman with whom he committed adultery demanding that Judge Moore resign from the senate race, as if he has the moral high ground.

Last edited by petch751; 12-02-2017 at 07:19 PM..

Old 12-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,589 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep the lefts double standard of the left is why people will ignore their fake moral superiority claims but we all know they will anyway. Déjà vu, judge Moore is getting the Democrat boilerplate Herman Cain treatment while Bill Clinton got a pass. And then there is McCain, who committed adultery, divorced his wife to marry the woman with whom he committed adultery demanding that Judge Moore resign from the senate race, as if he has the moral high ground.
The problem with your Bill Clinton argument is that the media and the people focused on him cheating on Hillary and not the rape/sexual harassment allegations.

No one should leave office because they are unfaithful to their partner, so by making it about cheating, you basically force every person who ever cheated to ask themselves, " Should i be fired because i cheated...."

Every single person mentally answered that question no. And that is why people like Speaker Gingrich looks like such a hypocrite cheating on his wives.

If they had made it about the sexual harassment, Bill Clinton would have been removed from office, but they didnt.

Hermain Cain was about the harassment, not cheating.

Moore's situation is indeed about him attempting to force himself on 14-17 year olds.

and the fact that you have to go back that far to make your argument(while negating the hypocrisy) is laughable.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:25 PM

32,090 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why not?
I have no idea, they just won't.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:57 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times
Quote:
LOL.

That sounds like a non answer, but it's actually a great answer.

IMO, it hints that you know well how stubborn they are, that if you did poke and prod and get an answer, that you wouldn't like the answer....and if not liking the answer didn't give you an ulcer, trying to get them to justify the answer would .

Old 12-03-2017, 01:59 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,596,612 times
Quote:
They probably don't, either.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:09 AM

3,249 posts, read 6,307,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Imagine what happens if Democrat run a dream team ( by which i mean locally relevant ) of candidates in 2018. And republicans nominate horrible candidates like they did in 2010.
Well the Republicans won 6 Senate seats in 2010 and could have won 7 if Mike Castle got the Republican nomination in Delaware.

I predict the Republicans will also gain Senate seats in 2018!

Old 12-03-2017, 07:06 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Well the Republicans won 6 Senate seats in 2010 and could have won 7 if Mike Castle got the Republican nomination in Delaware.

several GOP 2018 gains. Great map.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,589 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post

the Republicans won 6 seats, but it should have been 9, and lets remember that in Alaska, the incumbent Republican actually lost, and then won on a write in campaign.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:33 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The problem with your Bill Clinton argument is that the media and the people focused on him cheating on Hillary and not the rape/sexual harassment allegations.
Not anymore...

CNN Host Goes Into Crisis Mode as Tables Turn From Roy Moore to Bill Clinton's Rape Accusations

i.e. Using the Left's own standards for Moore, it's perfectly acceptable to call Bill Clinton a rapist. Can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections