Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 12:36 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,317,951 times

Advertisements

Republicans will maintain the House narrowly, and pick up a couple seats in the US Senate in Red states that elected a Democratic senator during the beginning of the Obama era. It will change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 12:41 PM

4,513 posts, read 5,061,573 times
The trouble with 'Waves', is that they build & build and then come crashing down and recede back into a calm !

Doesn't matter what color they are !

Old 06-08-2018, 01:49 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times
This thread is just full of people making claims they are just pulling out of their butts and have no actual idea what's going to happen. Wait.... that's the internet.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:39 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,302,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Really?

That blue wave fizzled in California, a staunch blue state. RCP is grasping at straws.
It’s too early to tell with any degree of certitude about the California results because there’s about 2.6 million votes not yet counted, mostly mail-in ballots that only had to be mailed by Election Day, and provisional ballots, at least partially caused by a computer glitch in Los Angeles that excluded over 100,000 legal voters from the registration rolls.

If the uncounted votes were all verified, it would amount to a 36% turnout rate, up 11% from a record low of 25% in 2014.

Quote:
Dave Weigel: “There are *2.6 million* ballots left to count in the California primary. That means probably 6.5 million votes cast statewide -- 50% higher than the 2014 primary, only 1 million less than the 2016 *presidential* primary.”

Quote:
Nate Silver: “Put another way, 35 or 40 percent of the overall vote is still outstanding. There's been a lot of back-and-forth about whether turnout was good or bad for Democrats -- but that whole debate is preliminary with so much of the vote still left to count.“
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...till-uncounted

http://www.capradio.org/articles/201...unted-ballots/

Last edited by Bureaucat; 06-08-2018 at 03:35 PM..

Old 06-08-2018, 03:30 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Rasmussesn had the closest results to the 2016 election
Every hog gets lucky and finds an acorn once in a while. Rasmussen has been an outlier a couple of times in the past. But then, in these fast-changing times, all the polling organizations have missed the mark as often as they've hit it.

I doubt this year will be the same as 2016. Few mid-term elections are similar to Presidential-year elections.

I don't count anything for much right now. I think the closer to the election we come, the more important the events of the day will become.

By October, I think a lot of the stuff like voter enthusiasm could be much different than it is now.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:48 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,219,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Every hog gets lucky and finds an acorn once in a while. Rasmussen has been an outlier a couple of times in the past. But then, in these fast-changing times, all the polling organizations have missed the mark as often as they've hit it.

I doubt this year will be the same as 2016. Few mid-term elections are similar to Presidential-year elections.

I don't count anything for much right now. I think the closer to the election we come, the more important the events of the day will become.

By October, I think a lot of the stuff like voter enthusiasm could be much different than it is now.
I think the partisan enthusiasts on both sides would benefit greatly from giving attention to the key points in this post. The bottom line is that we don't know what will happen and can only guess based on past midterms, the typical alignment of specific geographies, key news events, fundraising patterns, economic trends, and presidential approvals. This type of thread will become more meaningful once we are well into the fall season.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:51 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,914,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
The Trump effect. Every new poll gives Democrats the advantage and by a wider margin than its previous poll results. The RealClearPolitics Average jumped giving Democrats a +7.6 advantage.

Fox News Poll

NBC News/WSJ Poll

Quinnipiac Poll
In your flocking dreams...! Please, at least make an attempt to return to reality. In the last presidential election, the democrats lead by a HUGE margin all the way to election night, when it became apparent America was saved from crooked hillary by a reality star.. Now, MAGA..! thanks Don..!

You don't get it, the democrats are losers, as are their followers who continue to dream.
Only two kinds of people are democrats, you're either corrupt and have something to gain, or you're totally ignorant.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:55 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,914,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It won’t matter.

The rich will keep getting richer while everyone else works longer hours for lower pay.

Neither party represents average Americans.
Yes, I understand, I have a nephew who also likes to sit around on his dead A$$ and cry "Poor Me", rather than go out and earn what you want..
Democrats want everything handed to them, why work when the hard working Republicans will support you....

Old 06-08-2018, 04:37 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Yes, I understand, I have a nephew who also likes to sit around on his dead A$$ and cry "Poor Me", rather than go out and earn what you want..
Democrats want everything handed to them, why work when the hard working Republicans will support you....
Damn, why didn't anyone tell me this? I've been working since I was 14. Back then you had to get a work permit to take a job that young, but me and my siblings all did. No one told us we could just sit back and have everything handed to us. Every Democrat I know is hard working, and has been all their lives. Where can we get in on this gig, ol' man?

Now I do have some ex-in-laws, real nice fundamentalist, right wing Christian types, who have been on the government dole for 30+ years now, mostly because they are all too obese to work. But I guess they don't count, huh?

Old 06-08-2018, 05:43 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,751,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Every Democrat I know is hard working, and has been all their lives.
Why would they vote for a party that would take a huge chunk out of their income, and give it to freeloaders who contributes little to nothing to society?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections