Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 06:21 AM

16,785 posts, read 8,281,938 times

Advertisements

This has all been brought out by the GOP and their belief that wide spread voter fraud is occurring. The laws they have passed at state level and the GOP Sec. of State positions filled by the GOP.

They are passing all sorts of voter ID laws and using the mail to throw people off the rolls. The result of Trump and his projection of fraud. The GOP has woken up people who do not want to be thrown off the voter registration rolls. These people have gone to absentee ballots so as to not miss an election. The former strength of the GOP in absentee ballots is gone.

The GOP are hurting themselves at every turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 07:18 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,596,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yep and she'll likely have McCain's seat so what is the big deal?
The big deal is the seat was an R seat but became a D seat. The subject line of this thread assumed the R won,this putting +3 for Senate pickups for Rs. But the R didn't win in the AZ race, thus it's only +2 R pickup, not +3. (+2 assumes the FL recount for Senate seat stays the same).

If McSally is appointed by the AZ Gov to take McCain's seat, it doesn't matter in the big picture because it's already an R seat. So just a different R moves into the existing R seat.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:17 AM

22,265 posts, read 19,585,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
From 2000-2015 EVERY statewide election recount that changed an election result changed it in the Democrats favor.

THEFT.

Coming from the party of moral bankruptcy, thievery and cultural marxists.

I swear to god middle America should march to Washington and demand the heads of every scoundrel who is allowing this theft to go on uncontested.
Note this race didn't even make it to a recount, they simply finished counting the votes which has generally taken longer in Arizona because of the mail in nature of many of the votes. FWIW, when McSally won her Congressional race in 2014 she won by 0.09% after the race went into a recount....

Old 11-13-2018, 08:26 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,135,150 times
I don't trust anything democrats do anymore and I never will ever again in my life.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The big deal is the seat was an R seat but became a D seat. The subject line of this thread assumed the R won,this putting +3 for Senate pickups for Rs. But the R didn't win in the AZ race, thus it's only +2 R pickup, not +3. (+2 assumes the FL recount for Senate seat stays the same).

If McSally is appointed by the AZ Gov to take McCain's seat, it doesn't matter in the big picture because it's already an R seat. So just a different R moves into the existing R seat.
Flake and McCain were among the worst "republican in name only" offenders in the country.

McCain loved illegal aliens more than some democrats, truthfully. And he fought more for illegal aliens than he did his own American brethren.

Flake too.

So I guess there is that. When you're in a state where you have to pander to minority interests such as those two buffoons, I guess it should be expected that they are just going to be closet progressives, which is exactly what both of those two embarrassments were.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:43 AM

22,265 posts, read 19,585,292 times
Quote:
Flake and McCain were among the worst "republican in name only" offenders in the country.

McCain loved illegal aliens more than some democrats, truthfully. And he fought more for illegal aliens than he did his own American brethren.

Flake too.

So I guess there is that. When you're in a state where you have to pander to minority interests such as those two buffoons, I guess it should be expected that they are just going to be closet progressives, which is exactly what both of those two embarrassments were.
Flake had a Lifetime ACU rating in the 90's.....

Old 11-13-2018, 09:19 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times
Talking Senate pickup of +3 is historic

Three?

So far, it's one, with another in recount.

Pubs had the most favorable senate map in half a century and were barely able to scrape up a gain in seats.

Meanwhile, they're looking at a loss of nearly 40 seats in the house and many hundreds of state positions across the country.

Tired yet?

Old 11-13-2018, 09:23 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,109,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Three?

Pubs had the most favorable senate map in half a century and were barely able to scrape up a gain in seats.

Meanwhile, they're looking at a loss of nearly 40 seats in the house and many hundreds of state positions across the country.

Tired yet?

I’d wager there’s a direct correlation between democratic gains in the senate and house vs. right-wing feel-good threads; the whiners are out in force today.

Best Democratic gains since 1974 FTW!!

Old 11-13-2018, 09:29 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times
Quote:
I don't trust anything democrats do anymore and I never will ever again in my life.
You don't trust democracy. That is the problem.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Three?

Tired yet?

Compared to Obama and Clinton - considering Trump is the reincarnation of Hitler, as your side likes to insinuate - Trump didn't lose many seats at all, and losses were expected (because, after all, Trump is the reincarnation of Hitler, right?)

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...se-losses-wwii

You were saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections