Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 07:41 AM

5,291 posts, read 6,236,501 times

Advertisements

Since they maintain records of who voted and who requested absentees in both primary and general elections- having a do-over is not impossible. Either open to all or limited to those who previously voted/attempted to vote. The high number of unreturned ballots is the one I find most egregious. That seems to point to someone tossing the ballots that went against them.

At any rate- it is obvious they targeted the communities/area they thought would be most susceptible to this farce and least likely to draw notice.

If the primary was certified I doubt they can pull it back. The general election is not certified and I would imagine they have to look at all options since this will now become a game plan for people looking to game the system. I've heard of similar happening at nursing homes in Florida before but it was never followed by sworn affidavits and decent statistical analysis like his example.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:21 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,720,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
.....The high number of unreturned ballots is the one I find most egregious. That seems to point to someone tossing the ballots that went against them.
This doesn't make sense in the context of the way NC does elections. Maybe you are making some assumptions here.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:32 AM

15,722 posts, read 9,559,503 times
Quote:
A man who worked as an “independent contractor” for Republican Mark Harris’ campaign in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District is a convicted felon who faced jail time for fraud and perjury, according to court records.

Leslie McCrae Dowless was convicted of felony fraud in 1992 in Iredell County, according to court records. Dowless and his wife were accused of taking out an insurance policy on a dead man and collecting nearly $165,000 from his death, according to a 1991 Fayetteville Observer article. He served more than six months of a two-year prison sentence, according to court records.

Dowless was paid by the Harris campaign as a contractor for the candidate’s top consultant, according to The Charlotte Observer.
At center of voter fraud scandal, a convicted felon and ‘grassroots’ campaigner

Hey, Waldo. I know your first response will be to call the Observer a "leftist newspaper." There. I saved you the trouble. This is not looking good for Harris.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
The only people screwing with elections are the Demoncrats.
Thanks, you beat me to it!!!! and for someone to actually say, someone is going to prison for this is counting your chickens before they hatch!!!!

I will add, I am glad the board is investigating this and I hope they do get to the bottom of it. Election fraud has to stop, regardless of which side is guilty

Old 12-04-2018, 05:48 AM

5,127 posts, read 2,605,278 times
Democrats are still trying to steal this one?

Old 12-04-2018, 09:14 AM

20,904 posts, read 9,605,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Democrats are still trying to steal this one?
Still more Trumplings not reading anything. It's pretty pathetic, actually.

Republicans tried to steal this one, in case you weren't paying attention.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:14 PM

Y'all need to put your conspiracy caps on. Democrats stole this one for the Republicans so that in the long run Democrats would win the seat and make Republicans look bad. George Soros personally collected the ballots, but Hillary drove the car. Bill sat in the backseat in case Soros suddenly needed to kill himself.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:25 PM

I had not been following this story too much until I heard Robin Hayes NCGOP Chair) on WBT Radio last week talking about. I wish I would find that interview on line because he was all abut how the Democrats steal elections and the election certification board are all partisan. Imagine my surprise when I learned the suspicion is on Republicans. Here is one quip from Hayes.
Quote:
"The lack of information from shameless Democrat partisan NCSBE Chairman Andy Penry makes this entire debacle difficult to grasp," said Robin Hayes, chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party.
SMH

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/polit...lay/index.html

Meanwhile, these are very interesting non-denial denials.
Quote:
State Republican Party Executive Director Dallas Woodhouse said recently that there's been no evidence made public that illegal conduct occurred. And Harris said late Friday that to date there was "absolutely no public evidence that there are enough ballots in question to affect the outcome of this race."
No public evidence. Wink, wonk, nudge, nudge. Because the investigation is just starting and very little information has been released. It's like when folks say Nueller has nothing on Trump, because there's been no indictments against him yet. Again, because the investigation is still ongoing!

https://wbt.radio.com/articles/ap-ne...-congress-race

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 12-04-2018 at 12:37 PM..

Old 12-04-2018, 04:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,587,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Y'all need to put your conspiracy caps on. Democrats stole this one for the Republicans so that in the long run Democrats would win the seat and make Republicans look bad. George Soros personally collected the ballots, but Hillary drove the car. Bill sat in the backseat in case Soros suddenly needed to kill himself.

HA HA HA!

Truly, the Republicans are devious; I cannot believe the lengths they went to in NC.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:23 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,720,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Still more Trumplings not reading anything. It's pretty pathetic, actually.

Republicans tried to steal this one, in case you weren't paying attention.
It's you who is doing the name calling. I think we already covered that you actually don't know anything about the area in question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections