Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:47 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,586,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
8 years in a part time job. Has Obama ever held a FULL TIME job?
You mean actually doing field work, setting up posts and helping the people in poverty in Illinois?

It doesnt matter because all Obama needs is 70 delegates to capture the nomination. He'll get some in the last three contests and the remaining will be super delegates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 11:59 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,265,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post

As much as I would hate a 3rd term for Bush, if Obama is the nominee, I might vote for McCain.
there is no way other than out and out racism to explain this statement. all i'm saying to you is dont deny it. be proud!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:15 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,183,510 times
[quote=Linson;3836457]
Quote:

okay. a valid point. but you are looking at it through a racist lense. you are likening African Americans to African Africans. why? because they are not white. you have to first look at African Americans as Americans. then you can consider the historical position of black Americans.

i'm not saying that youre completely wrong. anyone who thinks that, in the end, it didnt work out for the better for blacks in America; who says they would rather have been born in Africa - is extremely diluted. but the thing to do is to at least compare the African American experience to the white American experience and you are sure to find injustice and inequality.
Thanks for addressing this. Everytime I see someone mention reparations for things that were done in the 19th Century, I have to wonder what they are thinking. It would be like whites seeking some sort of payment for our ancestors that died fighting the Civil War.

There has been inequality in the past, but not just for blacks and whites. Women also have faced discrimination as have other ethnic groups. Still, you see people coming to the USA every day of the week because it is the land of opportunity. They don't let discrimination stop them and many of them scoff at the idea.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
You mean actually doing field work, setting up posts and helping the people in poverty in Illinois?

It doesnt matter because all Obama needs is 70 delegates to capture the nomination. He'll get some in the last three contests and the remaining will be super delegates.
Well, okay. As long as you are looking at the nomination as the prize. I can't see him becoming President because he's a lightweight against McCain.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:22 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,811,178 times
Quote:
Well, okay. As long as you are looking at the nomination as the prize. I can't see him becoming President because he's a lightweight against McCain.
I don't know if this is day dreaming or what! Lets look at Hillary's profile - over 6 yrs in the senate (NY).....first lady in AR for 8 years or so, US first lady for 8 years. Still married to a popular former president. Despite all of that, she still lost to an unknown from Chicago.

Now lets look at McCain's profile: A POW waiting to be swiftboated, and over 20 years in the senate (AZ), I repeat, Arizona of all states.

What makes you think this guy can win????? 2. Prior to the start of the primaries, didn't Hillary say this nomination was her for sure!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:28 PM

Why would anybody swiftboat a POW? That's a surefire way to make the person doing the swiftboating look bad! If McCain really wanted to win, he'd swiftboat himself on that issue!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:32 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,203,422 times
This has to be one of the funniest all time threads in the PoC section of City-Data forums.

People in a thread about getting over election anger by jumping up and down, frothing at the mouth, pulling their hair out, screaming how insane and angry everyone else is. Man this is classic!

Old 05-21-2008, 01:41 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
This has to be one of the funniest all time threads in the PoC section of City-Data forums.

People in a thread about getting over election anger by jumping up and down, frothing at the mouth, pulling their hair out, screaming how insane and angry everyone else is. Man this is classic!
LOL, all the craziness landed in one spot, like moths to a light bulb. Maybe I quarantined it?

Old 05-21-2008, 01:54 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,203,422 times
At least you offered a place for one stop shopping. I know I am enjoying it as the mental picture alone put a big ole smile on my face. Of course, I realize I have a twisted sort of humor that not everyone enjoys, but watching how these various threads evolve (as I scan a zillion of them) could almost pass for a hobby. People are indeed interesting creatures.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:56 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,586,607 times
Quote:

hes leading in the poll against McCain LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections