Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:05 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,779,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopers1996 View Post
I totally agree with you - so much anger, resentment and emotion. I am for Obama but planned on voting for Hillary if she won. Their policies and ideas are not drastically different. McCain's certainly are: from health care, to Iraq, to a woman's right to choose. I certainly wouldn't compromise all that just because of ill feelings, or because I just wanted to block someone, or for other "issues."
I would have voted for Hillary too if she had won but now I probably won't. In fact I may not even vote for Obama if he sticks her in the number 2 spot simply because of the way that she, her husband and her followers have acted over the past 2 months. These people have no dignity at all. And when 20% say they don't like Obama because he is black and when she says crap like "the white hard working people", I just want to vomit! [Mod edited for content]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 05-20-2008 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: come on now, lets not incite a flame war
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
I'm not trying to define what a redneck is - just giving you a linkage between a redneck state and economical conditions. Rednecks are all over the nation one way or another, however, there's plenty of them in WY, KY so as to speak. And those two states' ecomony [combined] is probably nowhere close to that of NC or VA, for instance. That is my point.
They all have a few things in common- few teeth and even fewer high school diplomas!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:16 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would have voted for Hillary too if she had won but now I probably won't. In fact I may not even vote for Obama if he sticks her in the number 2 spot simply because of the way that she, her husband and her followers have acted over the past 2 months. These people have no dignity at all. And when 20% say they don't like Obama because he is black and when she says crap like "the white hard working people", I just want to vomit! So do us all a favour- go buy some snuff and a six pack and shut the hell up!
I'd vote for Obama if he were black and had some kind of leadership experience.

I'd vote for Obama if he were white and had some kind of leadership experience.

The problem isn't the color of your brand -- the problem is what it's made of.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:16 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,983,595 times
Nope, no sense in getting upset, we have no say anyway it appears the delegates do, so why do we bother to vote anyway.

I just get disgusted with the news people and their BS

The Demo's had to vote for the best person to beat McCain, thats the way it goes, I just don't think Obama will do it.

I'll vote Demo regardless come November.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:54 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,200,840 times
Curious that a topic about getting over election anger ends up being a discussion between the nuanced differences between the variances of Appalachian vs Southern rednecks, peckerwoods, hillbillies, road kill, dental hygiene, and oh, daddy get off me your crushing my cigs... by the highly sophisticated civilized folks from humbleville...

When you are all finished with your dissertation on lack of education and economic opportunities of Appalachia, lets get back to the topic of:

Getting Past Election Anger

Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,934,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Curious that a topic about getting over election anger ends up being a discussion between the nuanced differences between the variances of Appalachian vs Southern rednecks, peckerwoods, hillbillies, road kill, dental hygiene, and oh, daddy get off me your crushing my cigs... by the highly sophisticated civilized folks from humbleville...

When you are all finished with your dissertation on lack of education and economic opportunities of Appalachia, lets get back to the topic of:

Getting Past Election Anger
The Obama supporters have a serious problem with ADHD. I think Obama and Hillary have some work to do. I think their idiot supporters are the ones with the problem not the candidates themselves. So much for the candidates represnting their voters. Thank God that at least on this forum that is not the case. I don't support either for President but I like them both much more than their supporters here.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:05 PM

102 posts, read 54,480 times
Thought you knew we were getting paid by the candidates to make our statements. So blame the candidates. Or blame us for selling out and collecting the $.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:13 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
As an Obama supporter from jump, anger has been the furthest from my mind as I have enjoyed the superiority that comes with being among the most enlightened in supporting a far superior candidate. It feels good to be RIGHT!

Reading some of the thread topics, it's obvious that the Hillary supporters need to get some serious help with their anger and frustration. Hard supporting a far inferior candidate and being among those who are supporting a LOSER. Very stressful being desperate too.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
As an Obama supporter from jump, anger has been the furthest from my mind as I have enjoyed the superiority that comes with being among the most enlightened in supporting a far superior candidate. It feels good to be RIGHT!

Reading some of the thread topics, it's obvious that the Hillary supporters need to get some serious help with their anger and frustration. Hard supporting a far inferior candidate and being among those who are supporting a LOSER. Very stressful being desperate too.
I am starting to get angry at Hillary and her supporters. Are these people actually STUPID enough to think she "cares" about them? That she "feels their pain"?? Like they think she is Norma Ray or something! A woman who won't tip a waitress and who treats those under her with contempt.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
A woman who won't tip a waitress and who treats those under her with contempt.
You need to take at look at your own posts, buddy. Pot meet kettle? The disdain you show for those voters "under you" (at least those you percieve to be under you) is truly breathtaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections