Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 07:49 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Katie Hobbs will be the next Governor of Arizona it's been called.
Yes!

Old 11-14-2022, 07:51 PM

18,104 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Well there ya go.

I just saw this headline.

Old 11-14-2022, 08:22 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,011,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Good thing election results don't rely upon the hurt feelings of the far-right. They actually have processes to ensure every vote, no matter whom it is for, is counted fairly. In representative democracies, sometimes the candidates you don't want to win do in fact win, because *surprise,* people other than you and those you agree with have the right to vote. It's like me saying I refuse to believe I have to go into work every Friday to get my paycheck, just because I wish it weren't true. I wish I could have a three day weekend every week and still get paid the same, but the reality is, I cannot. Sometimes the truth hurts.
No. But they bend, contort and then fit perfectly to the hurt feelings of the Left. Which has been the case since 2016.

It's pretty fun playing a game on easy when the SOS oversees her own election with a solid half of the McCain/Romney corporatist wing Republicans supporting her. The Maricopa County Recorder and one of the Board of Supervisors, one Bill Gates, founded a PAC to stop any Trumpist candidates in AZ.

Old 11-14-2022, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
To the bolded: what on earth are you talking about? As far as I am aware, the PAOC forum is for discussion based in reality, not the fantasies of those whose preferred candidates lost. What is it gonna take for the election deniers to see the world does not revolve around them? Further, what is going to take for you all to see this attitude is one of the very reasons you lost?
Russian Collusion, Russian Agent, 2016 was stolen!

Pee Tape

Hunter Biden Laptop is Russian Disinformation

All confirmed lies, but all of them battered and bashed into the "truth".

But look who I'm talking to, the truth is fluid to your kind.

WE DID NOT START THE "ELECTION DENIER" TREND. You did!

Old 11-14-2022, 09:49 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Russian Collusion, Russian Agent, 2016 was stolen!

Pee Tape

Hunter Biden Laptop is Russian Disinformation

All confirmed lies, but all of them battered and bashed into the "truth".

But look who I'm talking to, the truth is fluid to your kind.

WE DID NOT START THE "ELECTION DENIER" TREND. You did!
Do you really want to go there?

One word: Birtherism.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:18 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
No. But they bend, contort and then fit perfectly to the hurt feelings of the Left. Which has been the case since 2016.

It's pretty fun playing a game on easy when the SOS oversees her own election with a solid half of the McCain/Romney corporatist wing Republicans supporting her. The Maricopa County Recorder and one of the Board of Supervisors, one Bill Gates, founded a PAC to stop any Trumpist candidates in AZ.
No it just shows how close Arizona votes have become. I'm not sure about you but after all the crap Trump said about Him Gates because Gates said the results are the results, I would have stayed a pack to attack Trump supporting candidates especially ones that launched unfounded attacks against gates. Guess what, Lake has continued to do that as vote totals went against her feelings that she was gonna win.

My problem with the Trump Republicans is what are their plans to govern. Lake's education plan was mostly to stop CRT and put cameras in our school. Little to help out schools while funding is still tight and consistently facing a fiscal cliff due to the Republican legislature not willing to abolish an arcane law from the 1980's regarding funding. She also ran on the "immigration invasion" which is part of the Great Replacement Theory of white supremacym and she also ran on trying to fix Arizona's electric process and making it harder for people to vote.

Lake ran on a take a machete to things that work because it goes against her conspiracy theories rather than fix problems. The only thing I agree that needs to be worked on its the border but I honestly don't know what can be done on a state level since it is a federal problem. Sen. Mark Kelly is the only federal level politician to talk to some border sheriffs departments and yet he can't always bring up what they need from him to a floor vote. Had the John McCain Gang of 8 got their way, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess 10 years later after further right Republicans poo-pooed their proposals...

Old 11-15-2022, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Do you really want to go there?

One word: Birtherism.
Which originated during the 2008 Democratic Primaries from Hillary Clinton.

Old 11-15-2022, 09:16 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
Oh, so now we're back to blaming Obama and Hillary for everything. What about GWB stealing the election from Al Gore in 2000?

Old 11-15-2022, 09:30 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,155,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No it just shows how close Arizona votes have become. I'm not sure about you but after all the crap Trump said about Him Gates because Gates said the results are the results, I would have stayed a pack to attack Trump supporting candidates especially ones that launched unfounded attacks against gates. Guess what, Lake has continued to do that as vote totals went against her feelings that she was gonna win.

My problem with the Trump Republicans is what are their plans to govern. Lake's education plan was mostly to stop CRT and put cameras in our school. Little to help out schools while funding is still tight and consistently facing a fiscal cliff due to the Republican legislature not willing to abolish an arcane law from the 1980's regarding funding. She also ran on the "immigration invasion" which is part of the Great Replacement Theory of white supremacym and she also ran on trying to fix Arizona's electric process and making it harder for people to vote.

Lake ran on a take a machete to things that work because it goes against her conspiracy theories rather than fix problems. The only thing I agree that needs to be worked on its the border but I honestly don't know what can be done on a state level since it is a federal problem. Sen. Mark Kelly is the only federal level politician to talk to some border sheriffs departments and yet he can't always bring up what they need from him to a floor vote. Had the John McCain Gang of 8 got their way, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess 10 years later after further right Republicans poo-pooed their proposals...
Do you have a breakdown of how Arizona's $2.5 billion total in American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER funds) was spent?

Old 11-15-2022, 09:39 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,481 times
If Hobbs wins, Arizona's done. It'll become just another crap hole California, with nothing to offer but cactus, dust and scorpions. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass exodus from Arizona, just like there was from California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections