Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 09:57 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times

Advertisements

(she already won)

Old 11-15-2022, 10:07 AM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
If Hobbs wins, Arizona's done. It'll become just another crap hole California, with nothing to offer but cactus, dust and scorpions. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass exodus from Arizona, just like there was from California.
Dem Janet Napolitano was gov. of AZ from 2003-2009 then worked in the Obama administration. There was no mass exodus then.

You sound like the leftists who were going to leave American if Trump won. The legislature is still red in AZ. Totally different than California.

Old 11-15-2022, 10:25 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
If Hobbs wins, Arizona's done. It'll become just another crap hole California, with nothing to offer but cactus, dust and scorpions. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass exodus from Arizona, just like there was from California.
Extreme binary viewpoints like this are always amusing to read, gives you a little insight into the mind of some.

Don't be naive, the effect on the day-to-day existence of your average Arizonan will be negligible regardless of who is the governor.

Old 11-15-2022, 10:29 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Dem Janet Napolitano was gov. of AZ from 2003-2009 then worked in the Obama administration. There was no mass exodus then.

You sound like the leftists who were going to leave American if Trump won. The legislature is still red in AZ. Totally different than California.
Janet was an OK governor who turned into a traitor to Arizonans. Whilst governor, she (along with governors from CA, NM, and TX) sent letters to DC begging for help/funding with the border. Once she became a shill for the Obama Administration, she suddenly declared the Southwest border was never more safe and had not even read SB1070 before criticizing it and her successor Jan Brewer who simply continued to do what Janet had started.

This breed of Democrats now are just leaving the border door wide open.

Old 11-15-2022, 12:57 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Former Californians, like myself, see the writing on the wall. A lot of Arizonans do too. There are a lot of people making plans to leave Arizona if Hobbs takes office.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:02 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Former Californians, like myself, see the writing on the wall. A lot of Arizonans do too. There are a lot of people making plans to leave Arizona if Hobbs takes office.
Pretty much guaranteed that she will take office.
Interested in knowing what the talk is and where they are making plans to move to.
I’m surprised that the reaction is forcing such giant life changes. Moving is a big deal.

Old 11-15-2022, 01:13 PM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
I'm planning to make a move, but was already considering it. My family is near Chicago area and partner's is Long Island and CT, so somewhere closer to both, but not too close. Perhaps Nashville or Virginia Beach. I personally love Maine, but maybe a little too off the grid. We're still narrowing down.

Old 11-15-2022, 05:43 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Pretty much guaranteed that she will take office.
Interested in knowing what the talk is and where they are making plans to move to.
I’m surprised that the reaction is forcing such giant life changes. Moving is a big deal.
A lot of Californians already know that moving is a big deal. They also know, firsthand, what it's like living under Marxist policies - that's why they moved in the first place, and will move again.

Old 11-15-2022, 06:32 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
A lot of Californians already know that moving is a big deal. They also know, firsthand, what it's like living under Marxist policies - that's why they moved in the first place, and will move again.
If its really that bad I wonder why CA has more people than any other state. In fact, from 2010 to 2020 the population increased by over 2 million. Yes, people are just fleeing in droves from CA aren't they?

Old 11-15-2022, 07:19 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Nonsense most people don't even care who the Governor is. Only people who spend lot of time talking about politics who even think about it. Wasn't until I really got on this forum in 2016 when Trump won that I even paid any attention to politics I only thought about it a week before election day. If you have a good job here likely not going anywhere older you get less likely you will be job hopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections