Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 07:21 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
A lot of Californians already know that moving is a big deal. They also know, firsthand, what it's like living under Marxist policies - that's why they moved in the first place, and will move again.
I’ll ask again, where are they moving to?
Where can they guarantee not to ever live under Marxist policies.
I’m assuming outside the us is the best guarantee.

Old 11-15-2022, 07:39 PM

11,505 posts, read 6,016,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
If its really that bad I wonder why CA has more people than any other state. In fact, from 2010 to 2020 the population increased by over 2 million. Yes, people are just fleeing in droves from CA aren't they?
You are in an Arizona thread.

Their are several California Exodus threads in the California forum and the Politics forum, if you want to have that discussion.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:57 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
If its really that bad I wonder why CA has more people than any other state. In fact, from 2010 to 2020 the population increased by over 2 million. Yes, people are just fleeing in droves from CA aren't they?
Yes, Californians are leaving in droves, so much so, they lost a seat in congress. The real estate market in Arizona has been flooded with Californians buying up homes and building, sending housing prices through the roof.

Old 11-16-2022, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I’ll ask again, where are they moving to?
Where can they guarantee not to ever live under Marxist policies.
I’m assuming outside the us is the best guarantee.
Florida, Texas, Tennessee, N & S Carolina are what I'm hearing most. Earlier this year, the Arizona real estate market was a sellers market. In some cases, there were multiple offers, sight unseen. Now the market is shifting into a buyers market. Price drops are increasing.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Florida, Texas, Tennessee, N & S Carolina are what I'm hearing most. Earlier this year, the Arizona real estate market was a sellers market. In some cases, there were multiple offers, sight unseen. Now the market is shifting into a buyers market. Price drops are increasing.
That is not unique to Arizona, at all. You seem to be reading regional implications into an essentially nationwide pattern.

Old 11-16-2022, 06:49 AM

3,867 posts, read 5,293,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
That is not unique to Arizona, at all. You seem to be reading regional implications into an essentially nationwide pattern.
Yeah, there is this super under the radar thing called interest rate hikes that may have a little something to do with all that.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The point is, Californians moved to Arizona in droves to escape California's insane Marxist policies. Sadly, Arizona is now turning into another California. Many Arizonans, long term and newcomers alike, are making plans to move out of Arizona if Hobbs wins.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:52 AM

2,715 posts, read 2,217,945 times
Quote:
The point is, Californians moved to Arizona in droves to escape California's insane Marxist policies. Sadly, Arizona is now turning into another California. Many Arizonans, long term and newcomers alike, are making plans to move out of Arizona if Hobbs wins.
Maybe we need to build a wall around California.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:45 AM

3,163 posts, read 2,055,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Extreme binary viewpoints like this are always amusing to read, gives you a little insight into the mind of some.

Don't be naive, the effect on the day-to-day existence of your average Arizonan will be negligible regardless of who is the governor.
The sky-is-falling posts are the best part of reading these forums imo. Folks really buy into the media's divisive tactics and want to make huge life decisions based only on the election of someone who doesn't even know their names. It's extremely insightful.

I've lived in red states and blue states - pluses and minuses for both, but in neither did the government have any measurable effect on how I lived my life.

Old 11-16-2022, 09:25 AM

3,867 posts, read 5,293,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
The sky-is-falling posts are the best part of reading these forums imo. Folks really buy into the media's divisive tactics and want to make huge life decisions based only on the election of someone who doesn't even know their names. It's extremely insightful.

I've lived in red states and blue states - pluses and minuses for both, but in neither did the government have any measurable effect on how I lived my life.
This is exactly how most folks, who actually have stuff going on in their lives react to elections. There are tons of reasons to move, loser politicians who are all the same for the most part are low on that list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections