Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 04:54 AM

426 posts, read 178,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2021 View Post
[/b]

Trump sure does love Russia and Putin.

“ Hosts on Russia's state-owned Russia-1 television channel said that officials in Moscow have already been "studying" top secret and other classified documents the FBI sought through a search warrant of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort home.”

https://www.newsweek.com/moscow-alre...-media-1733440

And don’t say Newsweek is a liberal website. You’ve used them as a reference too.
Newsweek is leftist, but you trust the Russia media? They provided zero evidence of Moscow being in possession of top secret nuclear documents and provided no evidence that these documents were provided by Trump. Wouldn’t that be treason? So it makes sense to you that Trump gave Putin our top secret nuclear technology? And when the FBI reviewed all these documents back in June, why did they not remove these extremely sensitive documents then? You can’t be this dumb?

Last edited by Soujouner; 10-11-2022 at 05:59 AM..

Old 10-11-2022, 05:16 AM

This is a national security threat and democrats and the FBLie could care less! Just get Trump!!!!

A 'Significant Threat To National Security': China Has Been Embedding Scientists At Los Alamos For Decades

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...sts-los-alamos

Old 10-11-2022, 06:24 AM

154 posts, read 96,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Yeah he was able to keep Russia in line. Now look at them.
What are we looking at? Of course they didn’t do anything under Trump. He was so far up their a** that they pretended as if everything was ok. It is clear and evident that when others who are not lying in bed with them becomes President, they resume being Putin’s regime. You make it seem as though Trump was so great at restraining Russia. The whole point that many of us are trying to ingrain into Trump praisers’ heads is that he was pretty much working for them. I mean are you ok with our enemy seeing classified documents? Are you ok with them interfering in our elections? Are you ok with Trump trying to build a condo tower in Moscow while he was President (again working for him self and throwing the US, it allies, and intelligence community u der the bus to appease Putin so that he could build something that would enrich himself)?

From the article, “Trump repeatedly praised Putin for at least a decade prior to running for president as he tried to build a condominium tower in Moscow. In a 2007 letter, he told Putin he was “a big fan.”
Trump continued to push his “Trump Tower Moscow” project even as he ran for president in 2015 and 2016, and publicly praised Putin as a better leader than then-President Barack Obama.
In 2016, Trump openly asked for Russia’s help as he ran against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. He subsequently used material stolen by Russian spies to attack Clinton every day in the final stretch of the race, even though he knew it had been stolen by Russian spies.
Once in the White House, Trump repeatedly attacked NATO and the European Union ― actions that aligned with Putin’s long-term objectives of weakening or destroying both institutions. He falsely claimed that the military alliance created by the United States after World War II and the free-trade zone were somehow cheating Americans. He mused about withdrawing from NATO entirely, and reportedly intended to do so in a second term.

Trump also continued to praise Putin and defend him, even telling the world in 2018 that he believed Putin over his own intelligence agencies regarding Putin’s work to get Trump elected. A year later, he tried to have Russia readmitted to the G7 group of large democratic economies, from which it was expelled for invading and annexing Crimea in 2014. Trump said he understood Russia’s need to keep the Crimean Peninsula because it had built a base there for its “large and powerful submarines.”
Also in 2019, Trump tried to extort Volodymyr Zelenskyy, then the newly elected president of Ukraine, into smearing Biden, at the time the Democrat he most feared as a 2020 opponent, using $391 million in congressionally approved military aid as leverage. The aid was released only after a whistleblower complaint about it became public, and the episode was the basis of the first of Trump’s two impeachments.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0d1388f15d68d

Old 10-11-2022, 07:43 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
As of 10-11, 538 has Warnock up by 3.8%:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../2022/georgia/

What polls do NOT measure is turnout....voter enthusiasm. IMHO, the Red team has an advantage in this regard.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:15 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
Alt2021 posted a Huffington Post article in how the justice system fails black youth.
"the justice system fails black youth" =/= "our justice system targets black individuals to look for crimes"

Quote:
Biden did more than compromise with segregationists

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1021626

Let’s not forget BiDeng’s close friend former KKK member Robert Byrd who BiDeng eulogized. Biden is a racist. Have you not heard the numerous racist remarks spewed from his mouth?

Joe Biden did receive more black votes than Obama had and I find that remarkable considering Obama running as the first black president and Joe Biden being the racist segregationist that he is.
Former President Obama also eulogized Byrd, and the late Rep. John Lewis and the NAACP had kind words to say about Byrd after his death as well.

And Biden also eulogized Strom Thurmond also, for what it's worth.

But clarify something for me: you, being the Christian you are, are saying that we Black Americans were wrong to have forgiven Byrd based on his own stated words of contrition spoken in various places at various times and should have instead continued to regard him as an unrepentant racist...because he was a Democrat? And now you're telling me that this country, in 2022, selected a "racist segregationist" as the leader of the free world, which can only mean that America is a WHOLE LOT more racist than I thought it was. If you're going to tell me that half the country is still old school racist as it ever was and that nothing has changed since the 1960's, then I don't care who you pin it on because the conclusion would still be the same: the U.S. is all style, no substance, and the worst type of hypocrite.

Oh and yes, given the fact that there were a lot more Black eligible voters in America in 2020 than in 2012 and 2008 and the very high turnout for the 2020 election, it's quite easy to believe that more Black voters voted for Biden in 2020 than voted for Obama eight and twelve years prior.

Quote:
It is true, the majority of black voters block vote democrat, but the democrat party is becoming more white, wealthy, and elite while the Republican Party is more working class and becoming more diverse, especially among Hispanic voters. The Democrat party hasn’t done anything for people of color except make them more dependent on the government.
Sorry but you don't get to so carelessly dismiss our decades of presence in the party as its beating heart because you couldn't wait to get to the "wealthy white" part. Ironically, this is your response to my criticism of your post wherein Black Americans were depicted as passive observers of what's occurring within the Democratic Party when we've actually constituted a critical part of the party infrastructure and have had an ever-expanding more visible presence as elected Democratic officeholders at all levels of government for the past half century or so. And that's one huge thing the Democratic Party has done for Black Americans at least: provide the institutional framework for ethnic solidarity to be an effective political strategy in its translation to political power and representation. And the party has at least attempted to defend our hard-won civil rights against the ongoing backlash they have been receiving since they were first authorized. In terms of policy, the Democratic Party has done much for Black folks in particular over the decades and this is why Black Americans at all socioeconomic levels are highly likely to be Democrats. And there's no other group of Americans more dependent on the government than White Americans. We can really talk about how extensive the notion of government dependency truly is.

The Democratic Party delivered for Black Americans on the matter of civil rights (as indicated by the signature of the president who authorized civil rights legislation into law and who was also the biggest, most important, and more high-profile advocate of such legislation in Washington during his time in office). Apparently Republicans don't think that's important at all (which is why they never mention it as a reason for our partisan affiliation today) and what Black folks really loved and wanted more than the freedom to vote, move about society, and live in any home he/she can afford in any neighborhood anywhere in the country was a welfare check. And this subtle implication that "people of color" are somehow more predisposed towards government dependence than White folks (who were getting tons of government assistance in the 60s) and that Black Americans aren't savvy or intelligent enough to exercise our vote logically or intelligently are either reflective of excessive naivete of the message within the message that's being conveyed, which seems unlikely, or actual belief in the notion of White supremacy/Black inferiority.

Quote:
When 13% of the population make up 40% of all abortions, that’s an alarming figure and you cannot escape the fact that planned parenthood was set up by a racist and for racist purposes.
I'm not sure if Black women actually constitute 13% of all women in the U.S., but at any rate, they make up 38% of all women that elected to have abortions in the U.S. while White women constituted about 34%. Even so, over half a million White babies were aborted in 2020 while it was between 300-400K Black babies that same year. The actual number of Hispanic babies aborted was more closer to 500K as well. You do a huge disservice to only make abortion out to be an issue affected Black women. We know the GOP didn't oppose abortion so stridently because they just love Black folks so much.

Quote:
It’s amusing how you don’t point out your own partisan ideological worldview. From a Christian perspective, none of this back and forth really matters. God is in control of all matters. Everything that is is part of God’s plan even when we do not agree with His plan. There is nothing for me to lie about. I’m just pointing at simple truths and facts.
I'm aware of my own partisan biases, but I don't believe or promote partisan narratives that are clearly lies.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:
What are we looking at? Of course they didn’t do anything under Trump. He was so far up their a** that they pretended as if everything was ok. It is clear and evident that when others who are not lying in bed with them becomes President, they resume being Putin’s regime. You make it seem as though Trump was so great at restraining Russia. The whole point that many of us are trying to ingrain into Trump praisers’ heads is that he was pretty much working for them. I mean are you ok with our enemy seeing classified documents? Are you ok with them interfering in our elections? Are you ok with Trump trying to build a condo tower in Moscow while he was President (again working for him self and throwing the US, it allies, and intelligence community u der the bus to appease Putin so that he could build something that would enrich himself)?

From the article, “Trump repeatedly praised Putin for at least a decade prior to running for president as he tried to build a condominium tower in Moscow. In a 2007 letter, he told Putin he was “a big fan.”
Trump continued to push his “Trump Tower Moscow” project even as he ran for president in 2015 and 2016, and publicly praised Putin as a better leader than then-President Barack Obama.
In 2016, Trump openly asked for Russia’s help as he ran against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. He subsequently used material stolen by Russian spies to attack Clinton every day in the final stretch of the race, even though he knew it had been stolen by Russian spies.
Once in the White House, Trump repeatedly attacked NATO and the European Union ― actions that aligned with Putin’s long-term objectives of weakening or destroying both institutions. He falsely claimed that the military alliance created by the United States after World War II and the free-trade zone were somehow cheating Americans. He mused about withdrawing from NATO entirely, and reportedly intended to do so in a second term.

Trump also continued to praise Putin and defend him, even telling the world in 2018 that he believed Putin over his own intelligence agencies regarding Putin’s work to get Trump elected. A year later, he tried to have Russia readmitted to the G7 group of large democratic economies, from which it was expelled for invading and annexing Crimea in 2014. Trump said he understood Russia’s need to keep the Crimean Peninsula because it had built a base there for its “large and powerful submarines.”
Also in 2019, Trump tried to extort Volodymyr Zelenskyy, then the newly elected president of Ukraine, into smearing Biden, at the time the Democrat he most feared as a 2020 opponent, using $391 million in congressionally approved military aid as leverage. The aid was released only after a whistleblower complaint about it became public, and the episode was the basis of the first of Trump’s two impeachments.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0d1388f15d68d
What a bunch of claptrap gobbledygook. Putin didn’t invade any nation while Trump was president because Trump doesn’t show weakness. That simple. Both Obama and Biden show weakness and Putin took advantage and exploited that opportunity. Don’t give crap about Trump was buddies with Putin. You forget Trump bombed Syria for crossing Obama’s redline under the Obama presidency killing 300 Russian troops? There has been no president as tough on Russia than Trump since Reagan. That’s a fact.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...bama-in-eight/

Old 10-11-2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
"the justice system fails black youth" =/= "our justice system targets black individuals to look for crimes"

Former President Obama also eulogized Byrd, and the late Rep. John Lewis and the NAACP had kind words to say about Byrd after his death as well.

And Biden also eulogized Strom Thurmond also, for what it's worth.

But clarify something for me: you, being the Christian you are, are saying that we Black Americans were wrong to have forgiven Byrd based on his own stated words of contrition spoken in various places at various times and should have instead continued to regard him as an unrepentant racist...because he was a Democrat? And now you're telling me that this country, in 2022, selected a "racist segregationist" as the leader of the free world, which can only mean that America is a WHOLE LOT more racist than I thought it was. If you're going to tell me that half the country is still old school racist as it ever was and that nothing has changed since the 1960's, then I don't care who you pin it on because the conclusion would still be the same: the U.S. is all style, no substance, and the worst type of hypocrite.

Oh and yes, given the fact that there were a lot more Black eligible voters in America in 2020 than in 2012 and 2008 and the very high turnout for the 2020 election, it's quite easy to believe that more Black voters voted for Biden in 2020 than voted for Obama eight and twelve years prior.

Sorry but you don't get to so carelessly dismiss our decades of presence in the party as its beating heart because you couldn't wait to get to the "wealthy white" part. Ironically, this is your response to my criticism of your post wherein Black Americans were depicted as passive observers of what's occurring within the Democratic Party when we've actually constituted a critical part of the party infrastructure and have had an ever-expanding more visible presence as elected Democratic officeholders at all levels of government for the past half century or so. And that's one huge thing the Democratic Party has done for Black Americans at least: provide the institutional framework for ethnic solidarity to be an effective political strategy in its translation to political power and representation. And the party has at least attempted to defend our hard-won civil rights against the ongoing backlash they have been receiving since they were first authorized. In terms of policy, the Democratic Party has done much for Black folks in particular over the decades and this is why Black Americans at all socioeconomic levels are highly likely to be Democrats. And there's no other group of Americans more dependent on the government than White Americans. We can really talk about how extensive the notion of government dependency truly is.

The Democratic Party delivered for Black Americans on the matter of civil rights (as indicated by the signature of the president who authorized civil rights legislation into law and who was also the biggest, most important, and more high-profile advocate of such legislation in Washington during his time in office). Apparently Republicans don't think that's important at all (which is why they never mention it as a reason for our partisan affiliation today) and what Black folks really loved and wanted more than the freedom to vote, move about society, and live in any home he/she can afford in any neighborhood anywhere in the country was a welfare check. And this subtle implication that "people of color" are somehow more predisposed towards government dependence than White folks (who were getting tons of government assistance in the 60s) and that Black Americans aren't savvy or intelligent enough to exercise our vote logically or intelligently are either reflective of excessive naivete of the message within the message that's being conveyed, which seems unlikely, or actual belief in the notion of White supremacy/Black inferiority.

I'm not sure if Black women actually constitute 13% of all women in the U.S., but at any rate, they make up 38% of all women that elected to have abortions in the U.S. while White women constituted about 34%. Even so, over half a million White babies were aborted in 2020 while it was between 300-400K Black babies that same year. The actual number of Hispanic babies aborted was more closer to 500K as well. You do a huge disservice to only make abortion out to be an issue affected Black women. We know the GOP didn't oppose abortion so stridently because they just love Black folks so much.

I'm aware of my own partisan biases, but I don't believe or promote partisan narratives that are clearly lies.
You can thank the Republican Party for the passing and pushing of the Civil Rights Acts. They are the ones who led the way, not the democrats. Again, the Democrat Party has done nothing for the American people, especially those who live in the inner cities. Fortunately more black and Hispanic people are waking up voting for constitutionalists.

I didn’t claim abortion only affects black women. Black women per capita have the most abortions and planned parenthood was developed by Margaret Sanger to as a method of eugenics to rid black people. These are the facts.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:06 AM

154 posts, read 96,469 times
Quote:
So let me get this right, our justice system targets black individuals to look for crimes? Whatever your stance is on possession of marijuana, you do not get a federal charge for simple marijuana possession. And if you are federally charged with a marijuana offense, there was a predicate to conduct such an investigation. Not sure how you made a connection to the FBLie targeting political opponents to find a crime to federal drug charges.

I do question the 2020 election and I am stumped how Joe Biden, the racist segregationist outperformed Obama with the black vote. Also, Trump received the most votes from blacks than any republican before him. A bit strange to me. That coupled with states unconstitutionally changing their election laws; January 6 makes sense to me. There is plenty of evidence the 2020 election was stolen. Watch 2000 mules.

Republicans didn’t ban abortions (which should be banned). The Supreme Court ruled these decisions are left to the states to decide. The truth of the pro-choice planned parenthood movement affects the black community the most with a goal to eradicate blacks. Margret Sanger, the founder of planned parenthood was a racist whose vision was to get rid of black people. This is the racist democrat party. They support abortion and the black community have the majority of all abortions in the US. Pro-choice has nothing to do with a woman’s choice. A woman is nothing more than a host to another body. This other body who is murdered has no choice.

Republicans didn’t steal an Obama Justice. Obama was at the end of his second term when Scalia passed away. The republicans had the senate and they were going to wait after the 2016 election. That’s the way It goes and thank you Lord that Merrick Garland was not nominated. He is a police state Stalinist who targets Christians and parents protesting school boards with federal crimes.

I was pro-choice until the science has proved life starts at conception and when I became a Christian. The Bible backs up the science when life begins.
Quote:
What a bunch of claptrap gobbledygook. Putin didn’t invade any nation while Trump was president because Trump doesn’t show weakness. That simple. Both Obama and Biden show weakness and Putin took advantage and exploited that opportunity. Don’t give crap about Trump was buddies with Putin. You forget Trump bombed Syria for crossing Obama’s redline under the Obama presidency killing 300 Russian troops? There has been no president as tough on Russia than Trump since Reagan. That’s a fact.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...bama-in-eight/
Again, you are only telling half of the story. Here it is, again for you - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/16/here...backed-do.html

Anyway, this ship needs to get back on track. The topic is about Walker and Warnock. Trump is a has-been President who was impeached twice and is not worthy of being discussed any longer!!!

Walker is abysmal - https://www.politico.com/video/2022/...ot-kill-729783 and https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ns-on-wokeness.

Here is another thing that I am baffled by. Why are Republicans infatuated with the word "woke"? Why are they against a word that literally means according to Webster - "aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)" (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke)? Why would I want to be asleep and unaware of the important facts relating to racial and social issues? After all, they affect me, my loved ones, and millions of other Americans. I believe this is why Republicans love people who are asleep. They do not question their foolery.

Old 10-11-2022, 11:31 AM

816 posts, read 994,817 times
Quote:
Here is another thing that I am baffled by. Why are Republicans infatuated with the word "woke"? Why are they against a word that literally means according to Webster - "aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)" (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke)? Why would I want to be asleep and unaware of the important facts relating to racial and social issues? After all, they affect me, my loved ones, and millions of other Americans. I believe this is why Republicans love people who are asleep. They do not question their foolery.
Hit the nail on the head with that one!

Old 10-11-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Again, you are only telling half of the story. Here it is, again for you - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/16/here...backed-do.html

Anyway, this ship needs to get back on track. The topic is about Walker and Warnock. Trump is a has-been President who was impeached twice and is not worthy of being discussed any longer!!!

Walker is abysmal - https://www.politico.com/video/2022/...ot-kill-729783 and https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ns-on-wokeness.

Your site is only telling half the story. Did or did not Russia invade any nation under Trump’s watch? Did or did not Russia invade another nation under GW, Obama, and Biden’s watch? Putin saw them as weak and Trump as strong. That simple.

And I’ve pointed out how Warnock is an abysmal racist Marxist. Warnock is a follower of Dr. James Cone who was Warnock’s mentor and Warnock has praised Cone. Warnock provided a way to “understand” Cone’s claim that the “white church is the Antichrist.” Yeah, Warnock isn’t fit to lead. Walker gets my vote.

Not sure who brought up “woke,” but The definition of woke does not mean being alert to injustice or discrimination in society. The left can define “woke” that way, but that isn’t what it means. We are also not a racist nation as much as the left want to believe we are. Woke means canceling and destroying those who do not agree with another’s ideology. Woke is political correctness on steroids. If wokeness wasn’t so terrifying, it would be laughable how wokeness gets even the woke canceled and destroyed. Wokeness is the censorship of ideas that are not agreed by those with more power and say. Wokeness cancels debate for fear of cancellation and has infected every corner of life and society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections