Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 07:00 AM

154 posts, read 96,509 times

Advertisements

Can someone explain to me how Walker is up to 3 points ahead of Warnock? Have people not being paying attention? Walker is dangerous. He has threatened to kill his ex wife, lied about graduating at the top of his class and even lied about graduating from college all together, he had the audacity to talk about fatherless kids, yet he has at least one or two kids that he is not around, he can’t form a normal sentence, you can’t understand what he is saying, he rambles about random things and will switch up on you in a heartbeat, he has yet the debate anyone. https://youtu.be/a_BD-jTqvzg

https://youtu.be/7fwLIOoZ_eo (He admits that he is not smart)

Are people really just voting for people just because they have a R next to their name? This really proves it. I am scared for America and what’s coming. First Majorie Taylor Greene and now Walker + Kemp. Kemp and Raffensperger are troublesome and this shows why - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ity-in-georgia

Old 09-15-2022, 07:54 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,508,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2021 View Post
Can someone explain to me how Walker is up to 3 points ahead of Warnock? Have people not being paying attention? Walker is dangerous. He has threatened to kill his ex wife, lied about graduating at the top of his class and even lied about graduating from college all together, he had the audacity to talk about fatherless kids, yet he has at least one or two kids that he is not around, he can’t form a normal sentence, you can’t understand what he is saying, he rambles about random things and will switch up on you in a heartbeat, he has yet the debate anyone. https://youtu.be/a_BD-jTqvzg

Are people really just voting for people just because they have a R next to their name? This really proves it. I am scared for America and what’s coming. First Majorie Taylor Greene and now Walker + Kemp. Kemp and Raffensperger are troublesome and this shows why - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ity-in-georgia
It’s simple: Herschel Walker is up 3 points in the Bloomberg poll you referenced because is an all-time great and a legend in the most popular sport (college football) in a place that until very recently was (and largely continues to be) a deeply conservative state.

Because he was a very key member of the University of Georgia Bulldogs 2nd-most recent championship football team in 1980 and won the Heisman Trophy in 1982, Herschel Walker has extremely high name identification with most native Georgians who were born and raised in the state in the late 20th Century.

Because of his outstanding accomplishments as a member of the University of Georgia Bulldogs football team, Walker is recognized by many mature native Georgians as one of the absolute most highest achieving citizens in the state’s history.

Despite Walker’s numerous personal challenges, many Georgians remain extremely proud of him because of what he has accomplished on the football field in a college football-mad state.

And for many Georgians, particularly many mature Georgians who are old enough to have watched him play for the Bulldogs, either on television or in-person, sending Walker to represent the state of Georgia and serve in the U.S. Senate just seems like a natural progression in the life of a figure that (like it or not) many in the state view as a personal hero.

And the thing with Herschel Walker is that the more that he is attacked by Democrats and the media for his many personal issues, including for the way that he talks, the more popular that it makes him with about half of the state’s voting population.

Many Georgians see the Democratic Party and media attacks on Walker as biased attacks of a personal nature against a native rural Georgian and Southerner that they consider to be a personal hero.

And those continued attacks on Walker (no matter whether they may be rightfully or wrongfully deserved) only seem to be serving to rallying many native Georgians to his side to support him during these continuing attacks by Democrats and the media during the final 2 months of the election campaign.

Though, if it is any consolation to Georgia voters who may oppose Walker’s candidacy for the U.S. Senate, the results of a Quinnipiac University poll that was released yesterday (September 14th) shows Herschel Walker trailing incumbent Georgia U.S. Senator Raphael Warnock by about 6 points (52-46).

And while the same Quinnipiac University poll also shows incumbent Georgia Governor Brian Kemp getting support from 50% of those surveyed (which the 50% mark is key, because reaching 50% would enable Governor Kemp to avoid a costly and brutal weeks-long runoff in the general election), the poll also showed Kemp with only a 2-point lead over Democratic challenger Stacey Abrams (50-48)... Which Kemp’s 2-point lead is within the 2.7-point margin-of-error for the poll.

Georgia Governor's Race: Too Close To Call, Quinnipiac University Georgia Poll Finds; Georgia Senate Race: Warnock Leads Walker 52% - 46%

Old 09-15-2022, 01:32 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,657,720 times
Quote:

Better question is, why isn't Herschel higher?? Look how bad things are now since the last election. There is literally nothing good at all happening. You couldn't pay me to vote for Warnock.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:34 PM

154 posts, read 96,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
It’s simple: Herschel Walker is up 3 points in the Bloomberg poll you referenced because is an all-time great and a legend in the most popular sport (college football) in a place that until very recently was (and largely continues to be) a deeply conservative state.

Because he was a very key member of the University of Georgia Bulldogs 2nd-most recent championship football team in 1980 and won the Heisman Trophy in 1982, Herschel Walker has extremely high name identification with most native Georgians who were born and raised in the state in the late 20th Century.

Because of his outstanding accomplishments as a member of the University of Georgia Bulldogs football team, Walker is recognized by many mature native Georgians as one of the absolute most highest achieving citizens in the state’s history.

Despite Walker’s numerous personal challenges, many Georgians remain extremely proud of him because of what he has accomplished on the football field in a college football-mad state.

And for many Georgians, particularly many mature Georgians who are old enough to have watched him play for the Bulldogs, either on television or in-person, sending Walker to represent the state of Georgia and serve in the U.S. Senate just seems like a natural progression in the life of a figure that (like it or not) many in the state view as a personal hero.

And the thing with Herschel Walker is that the more that he is attacked by Democrats and the media for his many personal issues, including for the way that he talks, the more popular that it makes him with about half of the state’s voting population.

Many Georgians see the Democratic Party and media attacks on Walker as biased attacks of a personal nature against a native rural Georgian and Southerner that they consider to be a personal hero.

And those continued attacks on Walker (no matter whether they may be rightfully or wrongfully deserved) only seem to be serving to rallying many native Georgians to his side to support him during these continuing attacks by Democrats and the media during the final 2 months of the election campaign.

Though, if it is any consolation to Georgia voters who may oppose Walker’s candidacy for the U.S. Senate, the results of a Quinnipiac University poll that was released yesterday (September 14th) shows Herschel Walker trailing incumbent Georgia U.S. Senator Raphael Warnock by about 6 points (52-46).

And while the same Quinnipiac University poll also shows incumbent Georgia Governor Brian Kemp getting support from 50% of those surveyed (which the 50% mark is key, because reaching 50% would enable Governor Kemp to avoid a costly and brutal weeks-long runoff in the general election), the poll also showed Kemp with only a 2-point lead over Democratic challenger Stacey Abrams (50-48)... Which Kemp’s 2-point lead is within the 2.7-point margin-of-error for the poll.

Georgia Governor's Race: Too Close To Call, Quinnipiac University Georgia Poll Finds; Georgia Senate Race: Warnock Leads Walker 52% - 46%
Born2Roll, if I could give you more rep points, I would. I am also a native of Georgia and I was always taught as a Christian to always do the right thing no matter what. I think a lot of Christians are forgetting that and they believe that any Person with a R next to their name is good enough for the job. This is definitely the case with Walker. He is a horrible candidate with a horrible background. Warnock is a sensible guy who is really trying to help this state. Walker is controversial and was a resident of Texas up until recently when he moved back to Georgia. I am so baffled by the many people who are supporting Walker. It is unbelievable. And if the show were on the other foot, and Warnock acted the same as Walker, I would be asking the same question about why people are supporting Warnock over Walker. Come on Georgia, we deserve better and can do better than Walker.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Better question is, why isn't Herschel higher?? Look how bad things are now since the last election. There is literally nothing good at all happening. You couldn't pay me to vote for Warnock.
Herschel’s poll numbers likely aren’t higher because he is a candidate with a massive amount of personal baggage that has provided an exceedingly target-rich environment for relentless attacks by Democrats and the mainstream media.

And while Herschel’s challenges as a communicator have not necessarily hurt him with conservative rural voters, Herschel’s challenges as a communicator also definitely have not helped him with metro Atlanta voters, including and particularly with the college-educated metropolitan voters that often play a dominant role in deciding the outcome of Georgia statewide elections.

Considering Herschel’s considerable liabilities (including his very considerable amount of personal baggage, his struggles as a communicator to a college-educated metropolitan audience in metro Atlanta, and a political campaign that struggled through some very crucial stretches in the spring and summer), he seems to be doing very well to often be polling in the high-40’s.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:57 PM

Herschel’s apparent support for an abortion ban with no exceptions also seems to be doing him no favors with women voters in the continuing aftermath of and fallout from the U.S. Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision that overturned Roe v. Wade this summer.

Many knowledgeable political observers believe that the Dobbs decision overturning Roe (and the resulting outlawing of most abortions both here in Georgia and in many other GOP-controlled states) is a major reason why Republican candidates like Herschel Walker and incumbent Georgia Governor Brian Kemp seem to be noticeably struggling to keep their poll numbers at and/or above 50% as of late in a midterm election year where Republicans were originally expected to triumph in tsunami-type fashion nationally.

With President Biden’s consistently poor polling throughout much of the year (including many polls showing him with approval ratings well under 40% through much of the year) and with inflation, a shaky economy weighing heavily on the Biden administration, GOP candidates like Walker (a popular all-time college football legend in the state of Georgia) and Kemp (an incumbent Georgia governor with a historically strong economic record) probably should be polling at about at least no less than 55% in a year where Republicans originally appeared to have the political winds at their backs before the Dobbs decision was leaked in the spring.

But the Dobbs decision ending the federal constitutional abortion protections of Roe appears to be weighing heavily (dangerously heavily) on many Republicans candidates across the country after many women voters appear to have been alienated and angered by the controversial U.S. Supreme Court ruling.

Old 09-16-2022, 06:34 AM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
Let's just hope he can hold those points. The worst republicans are still better than the best democrats.

Old 09-16-2022, 06:51 AM

4,855 posts, read 3,282,699 times
Quote:

I'll just toss this out there... Kamala Harris.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:02 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,144,523 times
Quote:
I think a lot of Christians are forgetting that and they believe that any Person with a R next to their name is good enough for the job.
Just like certain people believe that that D means their good enough also? Have you seen that Fedderman guy running in Pennsylvania? I'm sorry he had a stroke, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.....but really...

The problem here in GA, just like so many races...... this are the best two we got? That's not saying much....so people hold their nose, vote for the candidate that goes with the party that as a whole represent them.

Currently, I'll vote R..... because I think there is a problem when the same people who criticize Christians for praying are out their dancing, stripping and teaching suggestively in front of children. That is plain WRONG.... and I'm done pretending otherwise.......

Old 09-16-2022, 10:22 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,906,327 times
Quote:

You're watching too many fake ads, and drinking the kool-aid. This is a free country, so you can vote straight Democrat and keep getting more of the same! HIGHER INFLATION, NO BORDER, HIGHER TAXES, HIGHER CRIME, MORE HOMELESS, LYING, NEVER-ENDING HYPOCRISY, ETC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections