Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2022, 09:57 PM

154 posts, read 96,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
What you may think is progress many would think is regress.
How is this progress - https://www.valdostadailytimes.com/n...2383ee643.html

Old 10-04-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
My point is, why be concerned over a possible abortion ban in comparison to the economy when the vast majority of people are not affected by an abortion ban except for the black community? White college educated suburban woman are more than likely to not have unwanted pregnancies. Nearly every person feels downturns in the economy; so why vote for an ideology that has zero bearing on your lifestyle?
This is a typical Republican response. Why stand up and protect others if it doesn’t affect you. Until it does affect you, then that is when you want change or you become a hypocrite - https://news.yahoo.com/herschel-walk...031047300.html.

It is truly disgusting to have a view of why should I vote to help others when it doesn’t affect me. These type of people also claim to be Christians but clearly, their words and actions are contrary.

Old 10-04-2022, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Herschel is still the better choice.
…Says an idiot!!! https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hersc...b08e0e6072a4ee

Old 10-05-2022, 01:04 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,105,497 times
Quote:

How is Biden’s policies centrist? And I just spit coffee out of my mouth with Biden being the “all American guy.” He’s a career establishment politician who has used his office and influence to enrich himself. He’s been on the government dole his entire life. In regards to him being a centrist? Are you delusional? He’s the most for left president this nation has ever had.
This is false, and this the problem with politics now and days, alot people especial the right barely know what is the left or right anymore. They been raise with ideal democrat vs Republicans' like sport teams, and just root for there team and barely understand the courter argument.

this happen because of basically last 15 years of conservative media calling anything not to right as liberal, or general painting that most media as liberal. Every single day people liked Bill O'reilly did it during the 2000. This created mind set of not understanding something like Fox News is far more to right than CNN is remotely is the left. But if you mostly watch Fox news you would think CNN was just as to the left as MSNBC. Because the Conserve media painted there no center.

I'm liberal or progressive I'm telling right Biden is more Centrist then he is the left. Barney Sanders remember him he's more a true liberal or progressive. If actually the left media they criticize Biden for not being to left enough.

A more centrist Republican is like Mitt Romney or how John Mccain was.

Looking throw your history just realize your a 2020 Election denier and Riot sympathizer. but here trying argue what is centrist.

Old 10-05-2022, 03:25 AM

426 posts, read 178,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2021 View Post
I don’t see anything in this article that Governor Kemp plans to ban contraceptives. Plan B is a pill taken after one believes they may have been pregnant which ends a pregnancy that has happened. Plan B is not a contraceptive. Contraceptives stop pregnancy.

Old 10-05-2022, 04:20 AM

Quote:
This is a typical Republican response. Why stand up and protect others if it doesn’t affect you. Until it does affect you, then that is when you want change or you become a hypocrite - https://news.yahoo.com/herschel-walk...031047300.html.

It is truly disgusting to have a view of why should I vote to help others when it doesn’t affect me. These type of people also claim to be Christians but clearly, their words and actions are contrary.
I’m not following your post. Protect and help who? From a Christian perspective and a non-Christian as yourself would agree, pro-abortion wouldn’t fall under being charitable.

Old 10-05-2022, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Says an idiot Warnock is the better choice.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ns-unanswered/

Old 10-05-2022, 05:08 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
You're watching too many fake ads, and drinking the kool-aid. This is a free country, so you can vote straight Democrat and keep getting more of the same! HIGHER INFLATION, NO BORDER, HIGHER TAXES, HIGHER CRIME, MORE HOMELESS, LYING, NEVER-ENDING HYPOCRISY, ETC.
This is why Walker is polling ahead. We don’t want any more Democrats. Their policies are ruining the country.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:33 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,655,794 times
Quote:

Kind of like the liberal elites on Martha’s Vineyard bringing in the national guard to remove 50 migrants from their posh island right?? I’m sure they all had “No Human is Illegal” signs in their yards until illegal immigration actually impacted them….

Old 10-05-2022, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
This is false, and this the problem with politics now and days, alot people especial the right barely know what is the left or right anymore. They been raise with ideal democrat vs Republicans' like sport teams, and just root for there team and barely understand the courter argument.

this happen because of basically last 15 years of conservative media calling anything not to right as liberal, or general painting that most media as liberal. Every single day people liked Bill O'reilly did it during the 2000. This created mind set of not understanding something like Fox News is far more to right than CNN is remotely is the left. But if you mostly watch Fox news you would think CNN was just as to the left as MSNBC. Because the Conserve media painted there no center.

I'm liberal or progressive I'm telling right Biden is more Centrist then he is the left. Barney Sanders remember him he's more a true liberal or progressive. If actually the left media they criticize Biden for not being to left enough.

A more centrist Republican is like Mitt Romney or how John Mccain was.

Looking throw your history just realize your a 2020 Election denier and Riot sympathizer. but here trying argue what is centrist.
I think your grasp of the American political spectrum in light of our Constitution has eluded you. Keep this simple basis in mind; to the left of the political spectrum is more government and to the right of the political spectrum is less government. The further to the left on the political spectrum you are positioning, the more tyrannical and oppressive government is and the further to the right on the political spectrum, more anarchist a nation is.

So where does the conservative fall on this? What is the political philosophy of the conservative? Where does the liberal fall on this spectrum? What is the political philosophy of the liberal? What about the progressive? What of the far right? So in this spectrum, what is the political philosophy of the centrist? Those in the center are then the Constitutionalists. They support a representative government with a limited role that is outlined in our Constitution. Such person believe our rights are given to us by God or through nature. We are born with inalienable rights. Such persons believe in a free market capitalist economic system. Such person believes each person is unique and believes in individualism. Such person believes powers not outlined in the Constitution of the federal government is delegated to the states. Such persons believe in balanced budgets, secured borders, and a strong military. Such persons believe in a civil society and the rule of law and a blind justice system. These are the qualities of the centrist on the American political spectrum in light of the Constitution. Where does the progressive fall on this spectrum?

Are these the virtues Biden supports? We haven’t even got into genital mutilation of children, same sex marriage, abortion, CRT, economic justice, environmental justice, racial equity, and gender equity, and using the DOJ and IRS to target political opponents. These are the political ideologies of the progressive and Joe Biden. The progressive, left, liberal is moving further and further to the extreme. The conservative has not moved one bit. Our virtues are the same yesterday as they will be tomorrow. This is called being principled. The virtues of progressivism is centralism, conformity, collectivism, redistribution, administrative state, and ideological social engineering. These are the tenets of progressivism. When you read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution you will read about individualism, private property, prosperity, separation of powers, eternal universal truths, the rights of man, eternal moral order, and a civil society. These are the principles and virtues of conservatism.

You’re a 2000, 2004, and 2016 election denier and a 2020 summer riot sympathizer. See how easy that was? If the FBI didn’t influence the 2020 election by telling Facebook to bury the Hunter Biden and Joe Biden corruption story, you think Joe Biden would have won? Only 21,500 votes determined the winner of the 2020 election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections