Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 09:17 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,657,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
Please provide evidence that any of what was posted is incorrect. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you are voting for Walker. Please tell us what, in your mind, qualifies him for the position.
It isn't a vote for Walker, it is a vote against Warnock. His vote, which is extremely important for the country, has put us into a recession and economic volatility. The stock market as I type this is down nearly 500 points. We have lost roughly 8000 points in the market since Biden and his anti-America regime took over. We are at a 42 yr high for inflation, gas prices at insane highs, crime rampant throughout our cities, a porous border with millions of illegal immigrants crossing over, mortgage rates skyrocketing, unrest in the world that we haven't seen since before Trump, the list goes on and on and on. Is Walker the best candidate? Absolutely not but he is better than the disaster we have going now.

On another note, what qualifies Biden to be President? He can't put a coherent thought together or walk off of a stage without getting lost/confused. Talk about a danger to America.

Old 09-29-2022, 11:33 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,111,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
since Biden and his anti-America regime took over ... etc. etc. ... the world that we haven't seen since before Trump, the list goes on and on and on.
On another note, what qualifies Biden to be President? He can't put a coherent thought together or walk off of a stage without getting lost/confused. Talk about a danger to America ... blah, blah, blah.
@Columbus, that's just your opinion as a partisan. Everyone knows why the GA senator's race is so close: there are two black candidates in a majority-white southern state, which splits the black vote. It doesn't take a genius to know this, but you'll spin the Joe/Kamala/Nancy yarn no matter what. You might want to look at yesterday's Fox News Poll: Warnock up 4 points. I know, I know: Fox is communistic.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Old 09-29-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
@Columbus, that's just your opinion as a partisan. Everyone knows why the GA senator's race is so close: there are two black candidates in a majority-white southern state, which splits the black vote. It doesn't take a genius to know this, but you'll spin the Joe/Kamala/Nancy yarn no matter what. You might want to look at yesterday's Fox News Poll: Warnock up 4 points. I know, I know: Fox is communistic.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
You couldn't be more wrong. What are you even talking about? Where did you pull that from??

It doesn't take a genius to see that we have been on a steady decline since Biden took over. Let me check where the market is at......oh.....wow....it's now down nearly 650 points and flirting with going below 29,000. Defend his record, go ahead, floor is yours.

If Warnock voted against all of the cray, radical leftist policies that are getting us into this economic mess I would vote for him. But he voted completely in line with this crazy agenda. And wow, look at us now and more importantly, where we are heading.

Last edited by Columbus1984; 09-29-2022 at 12:06 PM..

Old 09-29-2022, 12:34 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,111,287 times
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. What are you even talking about? Where did you pull that from?
Columbus1984 in denial -- I get it. Actually, any honest person knows what I'm "even talking about."

Quote:
steady decline since Biden took over. Let me check where the market is at......oh.....wow....it's now down nearly 650 points and flirting with going below 29,000. Defend his record, go ahead, floor is yours.
Columbus1984 seeing the Warnock/Walker matchup as all about Joe, but not about: healthcare, Social Security, abortion, the Kraken, Walker's questionable speaking skills and even his lies about his "top 1%" Dean's List days at UGA (when his GPA was quite modest for the school, and he never graduated). Naw, all that doesn't matter a whit. It's all about Sleepy Joe.

Quote:
If Warnock voted against all of the cray, radical leftist policies that are getting us into this economic mess I would vote for him. But he voted completely in line with this crazy agenda. And wow, look at us now and more importantly, where we are heading.
See above. And also, Columbus, please keep up with all the polls. Fox says Warnock is +5 with all GA voters, but +4 among GA's likely voters (always the better yardstick).

Last edited by masonbauknight; 09-29-2022 at 12:44 PM..

Old 09-29-2022, 01:10 PM

154 posts, read 96,509 times
Quote:
It isn't a vote for Walker, it is a vote against Warnock. His vote, which is extremely important for the country, has put us into a recession and economic volatility. The stock market as I type this is down nearly 500 points. We have lost roughly 8000 points in the market since Biden and his anti-America regime took over. We are at a 42 yr high for inflation, gas prices at insane highs, crime rampant throughout our cities, a porous border with millions of illegal immigrants crossing over, mortgage rates skyrocketing, unrest in the world that we haven't seen since before Trump, the list goes on and on and on. Is Walker the best candidate? Absolutely not but he is better than the disaster we have going now.

On another note, what qualifies Biden to be President? He can't put a coherent thought together or walk off of a stage without getting lost/confused. Talk about a danger to America.
Here is a great explaination of why the WORLD is experiencing inflation and not just the U.S -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...lation-causes/

As you can see all of this started when Trump was in office with the coronavirus and a spike in prices of goods and food. Did you blame Trump or Republicans when this happened? I am sure you didn’t. You knew that we were experiencing a global crisis.

The same holds true today. Gas and oil price increases were the effect of Russia invading Ukraine which is also one of the largest producer of wheat (which we all know is in just about all of our food in America) - https://www.forbes.com/advisor/perso...prices-rising/ and https://www.reuters.com/article/glob...-idAFL4N30Z46X.

Let’s not forget that there were and still are many Republicans who support Putin and his war on Ukraine which has escalated the costs of food, gas, and oil - https://news.yahoo.com/how-russias-i...190606924.html

There used to be a time when both sides were against Russia but now that Trump backs them, many Republicans have lost their spine.

So stop acting like inflation is something that the Democrats started. Inflation is affecting the whole world and we are not even feeling the effects as bad as some countries are. I went to Cuba a few weeks ago and they have the second highest inflation in the world. You have it made but yet you complain simply because your party is not in office. Wake up!!! Republicans are not what you are claiming them to be, and Walker is definitely just a puppet of Trump since he can barely form a sentence or have a reasonable conversation. Wake up!!!

Old 09-29-2022, 01:44 PM

Not one of you has defended or explained why things are better now than they were from 2016-2020. All you have provided are excuses and poor reasons as to why things are the way they are. Defend why we are better off now than before....go ahead...can't wait.

So you agree that Biden's policies are better than the previous administrations?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammil...h=563e63ea7106

Light read on what is the culprit for inflation

https://www.vox.com/23036340/biden-a...plan-inflation

Quote:
The US had significantly worse “core” inflation than comparable economies
It’s important to understand the broader context. Inflation has been happening across the world, caused by pandemic-related disruptions, and exacerbated this year by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and China’s Covid-19 lockdowns. Even before the American Rescue Plan passed, “the seeds for a high-inflation environment were already planted,” said Marc Goldwein of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

But regarding the exact amount of inflation, the US stands out. And it started to stand out shortly after President Biden took office.

From 2021 onward, what’s known as “core inflation” has been significantly higher in the US than in other wealthy countries. (Core inflation is a common metric that excludes food and energy prices, which tend to be volatile, to try to get a better sense of general price levels and inflation in an economy.)

A recent article published by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco makes this point. The authors — Òscar Jordà, Celeste Liu, Fernanda Nechio, and Fabián Rivera-Reyes — compare core inflation in the US to the average of eight wealthy countries (the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and Finland). Before 2021, these and the US had similar inflation levels. Then the US’s shot up.

The authors don’t mince words about why they think that is, writing: “Estimates suggest that fiscal support measures designed to counteract the severity of the pandemic’s economic effect may have contributed to this divergence by raising inflation about 3 percentage points by the end of 2021.”

That is: The US did a lot more stimulus than these other countries, and now it’s seeing a lot more core inflation. And the stimulus that most stands out is Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan — because it was enacted after more than $3 trillion had already been spent to stimulate the economy under Trump, with one big chunk of that being approved just three months prior.

“We put gasoline on the fire. That’s basically what the ARP did. It was almost written as if we didn’t just pass a trillion-dollar stimulus in December,” said Goldwein.
Read the entire article, might open your eyes.

Last edited by Columbus1984; 09-29-2022 at 02:00 PM..

Old 09-29-2022, 01:44 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,728,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2021 View Post
Here is a great explaination of why the WORLD is experiencing inflation and not just the U.S -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...lation-causes/

As you can see all of this started when Trump was in office with the coronavirus and a spike in prices of goods and food. Did you blame Trump or Republicans when this happened? I am sure you didn’t. You knew that we were experiencing a global crisis.

The same holds true today. Gas and oil price increases were the effect of Russia invading Ukraine which is also one of the largest producer of wheat (which we all know is in just about all of our food in America) - https://www.forbes.com/advisor/perso...prices-rising/ and https://www.reuters.com/article/glob...-idAFL4N30Z46X.

Let’s not forget that there were and still are many Republicans who support Putin and his war on Ukraine which has escalated the costs of food, gas, and oil - https://news.yahoo.com/how-russias-i...190606924.html

There used to be a time when both sides were against Russia but now that Trump backs them, many Republicans have lost their spine.

So stop acting like inflation is something that the Democrats started. Inflation is affecting the whole world and we are not even feeling the effects as bad as some countries are. I went to Cuba a few weeks ago and they have the second highest inflation in the world. You have it made but yet you complain simply because your party is not in office. Wake up!!! Republicans are not what you are claiming them to be, and Walker is definitely just a puppet of Trump since he can barely form a sentence or have a reasonable conversation. Wake up!!!
Next time I 'm in the area I owe you a cup of coffee! Thank you for responding with contextual facts and common sense.

Old 09-29-2022, 02:36 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Black, white, straight, gay, abortion defenders, abortion deniers, our economy is in shambles. Never since the Great Depression have people been in such a tenuous financial condition and they want change. Even the middle class who spent 30 years working and saving for retirement have had their dreams crushed by this tax, borrow, and spend economy brought to you by Joe Biden. Many have lost 20-25% of the retirement value they had 2 years ago and will now have to work for a few more years. Jobs which would have been available to younger workers will still be filled by 55-70 year olds trying to recover from this mess. And it's going to get much worse.

That's what this election is about. Wake Up!

Last edited by skeddy; 09-29-2022 at 02:44 PM..

Old 09-29-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Next time I 'm in the area I owe you a cup of coffee! Thank you for responding with contextual facts and common sense.
You don’t owe me anything except your help to vote the clowns out of office or prevent them from gaining office. We are at war within our own country and the foundation consists of racism, classism, the love of money and power, and just downright ignorant people. I mean, why vote against your own interests and then complain that no one ever listens to you (I am speaking to poor and uneducated Republicans). Who in their right mind would vote for a party that votes against reducing the cost of prescriptions, or votes against a woman’s rights (but complain when they were asked to wear a damn mask)? Who would vote for a party who could careless about clean water or air? Who would vote for a party whose goal is only to create chaos by siding with Donald Trump (a known ******) on everything instead of having a spine to speak out against his lies and deception. I could go on and on but some people are simply a lost cause until they are affected by their own actions or their party’s actions, case in point - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro...et-an-abortion

Old 09-29-2022, 05:10 PM

And by the way, in my previous post, I said, “Trump is a known con-artist”! Not sure why the moderators removed the word when it is the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections