Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 05:54 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,896,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2021 View Post
Can someone explain to me how Walker is up to 3 points ahead of Warnock? Have people not being paying attention? Walker is dangerous. He has threatened to kill his ex wife, lied about graduating at the top of his class and even lied about graduating from college all together, he had the audacity to talk about fatherless kids, yet he has at least one or two kids that he is not around, he can’t form a normal sentence, you can’t understand what he is saying, he rambles about random things and will switch up on you in a heartbeat, he has yet the debate anyone. https://youtu.be/a_BD-jTqvzg

https://youtu.be/7fwLIOoZ_eo (He admits that he is not smart)

Are people really just voting for people just because they have a R next to their name? This really proves it. I am scared for America and what’s coming. First Majorie Taylor Greene and now Walker + Kemp. Kemp and Raffensperger are troublesome and this shows why - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ity-in-georgia
Warnock threatened his ex-wife. He protected a suspected pedophile in the summer camp he ran.

Our best are NOT in politics.

Old 09-29-2022, 06:19 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Because most people don't like the direction of the country right now, and his political party is not the one currently in power.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was going to say.....lots of people don't want Democrats controlling the next Senate.

Old 09-29-2022, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
So National abortion policy is okay but local isn't? When it comes to legislation which has the most dramatic impact on people? ..... local or national.... local of course. That is basic logic. The people in California vote pure blue.... therefore sending the abortion issue back to the state will have no significant impact to the people of Georgia. The local people will have spoken. You can still go to California, get your up till birth abortion, nobody is going to GPS track you and throw you in jail for doing so. Same here in Georgia. I don't believe GA will outlaw abortion. I do think (and hope upon hope) that some reasonable legislation is passed which does away with 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions unless the mother is in jeopardy. And no, I'm not talking about tubal pregnancy, routine DnC after miscarriage, and all the other life-saving procedures that must continue. See.... this is where the left goes off the rails..... We're not all heart-less people who cannot feel, but we also can see through the blatant propaganda when the media and the left try to gaslight us into thinking that the worst case scenarios to "take away" rights is a foregone conclusion just to push your narrative. The left's use of abortion as nothing more than a convenient birth control method does nothing but harm your argument. We on the right were okay when it was legal, safe and rare......but ya'll just had to push it......... many of us said a long time ago.... we gave you a slippery slope, but when you (not you personally of course) decide to push one of these days that push to the left would be too far. Unfortunately for ALL OF US..... that push has come to pass....

Look at the issues we are fighting about.....abortion, sexualization of our children, illegal immigration....all of which have common sense fixes yet the left continues to push. What's next? Legalizing pedophilia?

Except issues are separate things that people have differing opinions on.

Everything isn't 'all left' vs. 'all right'.

For example, plenty of people are pro-choice and anti current border policies.

Old 09-29-2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
It isn't a vote for Walker, it is a vote against Warnock. His vote, which is extremely important for the country, has put us into a recession and economic volatility. The stock market as I type this is down nearly 500 points. We have lost roughly 8000 points in the market since Biden and his anti-America regime took over. We are at a 42 yr high for inflation, gas prices at insane highs, crime rampant throughout our cities, a porous border with millions of illegal immigrants crossing over, mortgage rates skyrocketing, unrest in the world that we haven't seen since before Trump, the list goes on and on and on. Is Walker the best candidate? Absolutely not but he is better than the disaster we have going now.

On another note, what qualifies Biden to be President? He can't put a coherent thought together or walk off of a stage without getting lost/confused. Talk about a danger to America.

Which might not have ever existed had Trump not had such a whiny, childish reaction to the election and instead, as the Republican 'standard bearer', had campaigned more to help both Republican candidates win those Georgia runoff elections.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:24 AM

494 posts, read 180,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yeah, that's kind of what I was going to say.....lots of people don't want Democrats controlling the next Senate.
Fact of the matter is that bipartisan politics went out the window many years ago. One side could have the best idea, but because it was proposed by that party the other one will not vote for it. I get that Warnock votes with Biden most of the time, but I also know he seems to be intelligent, well spoken and will do what is best for GA. Walker, on the other hand, is an old football star, not well spoken, no experience and is so far up Trump's butt he couldn't find the endzone if he was 1/2 yard out.

Voting along party lines without any consideration of policies, experience, the person, etc is just plain ignorant. I'm a registered Dem, but voted for Kemp and may vote for him again. I think he has done well with our economy, but I'm not loving his social issue choices. Abrams may be too far left for me and I don't agree with some of her economic stances, but I do agree with some of her social stances. I'm not just voting party line, but rather taking a look at the candidates as a whole.

I'd love to hear from some of you who are voting for Walker as to the reasons why other than he's a republican.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:28 AM

154 posts, read 96,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Warnock threatened his ex-wife. He protected a suspected pedophile in the summer camp he ran.

Our best are NOT in politics.
Enough said - https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt...story-82805107

“ The incident adds another layer to Walker’s already turbulent personal history, which includes his acknowledged struggles with mental health, violent outbursts and accusations that he repeatedly threatened his ex-wife. And it will test voters’ acceptance of Walker’s assertion that he has long since been a changed person.”

“ After calling police to the gated subdivision where Walker's wife lived, Mungadze rushed to the scene and talked to Walker for at least 30 minutes to calm him down, according to the Sept. 23, 2001, report. In the end, police confiscated a 9mm Sig Sauer handgun from Walker's car and placed his address on a “caution list" because of his “violent tendencies.” But they declined to seek charges or make an arrest. Walker's wife filed for divorce three months later.”

Warnock may have a past but it is not near as crazy as Walker’s past. You Republicans complain about crime but then go and support lunatics. Make it make sense! MTG’s husband is divorcing her too. She is just as looney as Walker if not worse - https://apple.news/ADUllPBMFQLim9tCC4NIiTw

Last edited by atl2021; 09-30-2022 at 07:42 AM..

Old 09-30-2022, 09:33 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,111,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Not one of you has defended or explained why things are better now than they were from 2016-2020. All you have provided are excuses and poor reasons as to why things are the way they are.
We don't have to, Col1984, because all local and state elections are, first and foremost, local, then they veer into national issues. You also forget that this thread was launched two weeks ago, with a poll from two weeks ago. All you are doing in harping on Biden is deflecting from the two candidates' differences, character flaws, their suitability to represent the entire state, and ALL the issues (beyond just inflation). Based on your Biden-centric theory, Walker should be way ahead in Georgia. Vance should be trouncing his Dem opponent in Ohio. And Kelly shouldn't be 5 or 7 points ahead of his in Arizona. The Democrats are doing OK in all three battleground states almost a month before the midterms.

If GA voters are focused on what you say they are, there should have been more of a Walker surge. Any surge, though, has been Warnock's -- based on Walker's character issues and fitness to lead. We'll see how it all plays out -- we've got another month to go -- but this is no cakewalk for Herschel, because this election involves far more than just Sleepy Joe and Mean Nancy.

Old 09-30-2022, 12:07 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,980,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
So National abortion policy is okay but local isn't? When it comes to legislation which has the most dramatic impact on people? ..... local or national.... local of course. That is basic logic. The people in California vote pure blue.... therefore sending the abortion issue back to the state will have no significant impact to the people of Georgia. The local people will have spoken. You can still go to California, get your up till birth abortion, nobody is going to GPS track you and throw you in jail for doing so. Same here in Georgia. I don't believe GA will outlaw abortion. I do think (and hope upon hope) that some reasonable legislation is passed which does away with 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions unless the mother is in jeopardy. And no, I'm not talking about tubal pregnancy, routine DnC after miscarriage, and all the other life-saving procedures that must continue. See.... this is where the left goes off the rails..... We're not all heart-less people who cannot feel, but we also can see through the blatant propaganda when the media and the left try to gaslight us into thinking that the worst case scenarios to "take away" rights is a foregone conclusion just to push your narrative. The left's use of abortion as nothing more than a convenient birth control method does nothing but harm your argument. We on the right were okay when it was legal, safe and rare......but ya'll just had to push it......... many of us said a long time ago.... we gave you a slippery slope, but when you (not you personally of course) decide to push one of these days that push to the left would be too far. Unfortunately for ALL OF US..... that push has come to pass....

Look at the issues we are fighting about.....abortion, sexualization of our children, illegal immigration....all of which have common sense fixes yet the left continues to push. What's next? Legalizing pedophilia?
Overturning Roe v Wade has been a conservative priority since the late 70's, just a few short years after the case was decided.

Old 09-30-2022, 12:12 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,980,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
@Columbus, that's just your opinion as a partisan. Everyone knows why the GA senator's race is so close: there are two black candidates in a majority-white southern state, which splits the black vote.
The GOP isn't expecting the black vote to get split by nominating Walker (which it won't), but they are hoping to peel away just enough black voters to push Walker over the edge.

Old 09-30-2022, 02:14 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,111,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The GOP isn't expecting the black vote to get split by nominating Walker (which it won't), but they are hoping to peel away just enough black voters to push Walker over the edge.
I meant to say "more evenly split," because the Democratic candidate is the reliable choice of black voters, who made Warnock and also Abrams much more electable before. Walker is the GOP's stealth candidate, and from what I've read, a fair number of black men are (socially) conservative enough that they might bolt from the Democratic Party for a more conservative AA candidate. And not just churchgoing black men, either. What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections