Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2022, 10:06 AM

2,715 posts, read 2,217,945 times

Advertisements

I honestly don't believe Biden or Harris will run. Who would be the next choice - Newsom? Would DeSanti be able to beat him?

Last edited by reubenray; 09-30-2022 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 10:23 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I honestly don't Biden or Harris will run. Who would be the next choice - Newsom? Would DeSanti be able to beat him?
Newsome, Jared polis, and Cory booker would be a force to be reckoned with. Don't count Kamala out I think she'd do well also.

Old 09-30-2022, 10:31 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Newsome, Jared polis, and Cory booker would be a force to be reckoned with. Don't count Kamala out I think she'd do well also.

And let's not forget Stacey Abrams. She's still a media darling although her luster has dimmed.

However, she has national name recognition and if she loses this Nov. she can blame it again on voter suppression.

Old 09-30-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
And let's not forget Stacey Abrams. She's still a media darling although her luster has dimmed.

However, she has national name recognition and if she loses this Nov. she can blame it again on voter suppression.
I honestly think Biden will run for a second term even though he shouldn't. But I'm sure various Dems don't want him to run again.

Old 09-30-2022, 10:43 AM

9,984 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
I honestly think Biden will run for a second term even though he shouldn't. But I'm sure various Dems don't want him to run again.
If by "various" you mean "virtually all" then you're onto something.

What's more likely to happen is the DNC will get together and appoint someone to wander over to the White House and politely ask Biden to step aside after the conclusion of this term. Or ask Jill to put him back to bed until after November.

Old 09-30-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
If by "various" you mean "virtually all" then you're onto something.

What's more likely to happen is the DNC will get together and appoint someone to wander over to the White House and politely ask Biden to step aside after the conclusion of this term. Or ask Jill to put him back to bed until after November.
You can tell Mitch and the establishment Republicans dread another Trump run. And would be willing to lose the Senate to not have Trumpers win seats because then old Mitch would get the boot.

Old 09-30-2022, 11:29 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
You can tell Mitch and the establishment Republicans dread another Trump run. And would be willing to lose the Senate to not have Trumpers win seats because then old Mitch would get the boot.
I agree 110%. I also believe it's not Trump who keeps the Dem leadership up at night....but AOC and her lot.

The leaders in both parties want a return to pre-Trump era but there's no turning back the clock.

I suspect the Rep will have a big night this Nov. and Mitch's day are numbered.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:27 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump always brings up how he lost.
Losers gotta lose.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:03 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
First of all, he didn't lose. Second, who are you and the Democrats to lecture anyone about "peaceful transitions of power"? Your awful godforsaken party did not peacefully allow Trump to assume power. They filibustered each and every nominee he made for his ENTIRE presidency, conjured up the Russian collusion hoax, spied on him, his campaign, and his family, baselessly impeached him twice, fabricated document retention "crimes" and sicced partisan DAs in New York, Atlanta and Washington D.C. on him and his family.

It's also hilarious that you, a Biden voter, are laughably whining that TRUMP didn't "put our country first." You voted for a 50 year career politician in Joe Biden who never once "put his country first." On top of that, the man you voted for is a plagiarist, a liar, a racist, and an incompetent senile fool, who has no accomplishments whatsoever other than convincing dunderheads in Delaware to vote for his useless ass for five decades.

Donald Trump is a far better human being than Joe Biden and Joe Biden's voters.
Yes, Trump lost in 2020. Get over it. When Trump won in 2016 there was a peaceful transfer of power. Obama handed over the leadership of government to him because he was our newly elected president. This is part of our democracy. There was a lot of animosity between them though. Obama didn't let his personal feelings get in the way because he put country first.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:14 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Yes, Trump lost in 2020. Get over it. When Trump won in 2016 there was a peaceful transfer of power. Obama handed over the leadership of government to him because he was our newly elected president. This is part of our democracy. There was a lot of animosity between them though. Obama didn't let his personal feelings get in the way because he put country first.
Poor Hillary sure didn’t and the goosechase and impeachment started shortly after. It was so peaceful they’ve been chasing him ever since, and poor Hillary told Sleepy Joe not to concede under any circumstances. The hypocrisy runneth over. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1238156
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections