Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 07:13 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Quick tell me who my "hero(s)" are. You know nothing about that, so if you could keep your opinions on me to yourself and talk about the actual issue that would be great.

Fact:

The quote from her speech was:

"While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the governor's office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for.

That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay."

Fact:

The word "sold" is not found in this statement.

Conclusion a rational person would make:

She put it on eBay, but there is no information to tell me if it sold or not.
McCain must not be a rational person then, since has said several times that she sold it on ebay, at a profit, no less!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 07:18 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,402 times
Why are there fifteen pages about this? Of everything in that speech, I took that particular detail the least seriously, if that makes sense. She was trying to prove a point. There are actual problems with her politics that can be discussed instead of this.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:20 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Exactly. I have bought and sold many items through ebay that didn't close through official auctions endings. For a number of reasons. ebay is good advertising and many sellers will sell with cash in-hand rather than risk dealing with a high bidder.

That all said, I not certain that ebay led to the final sale in this case. But it was "put on ebay" and it makes for a good story.

If we really want to discuss semantics the: "depends on what your definition of 'is' 'is'" is tough to top.
Closing an auction outside if ebay (and avoiding the fee) is a violation of ebay policies. I would hope Palin and the State of Alaska are more ethical than to do that.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:24 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,028,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Why are there fifteen pages about this? Of everything in that speech, I took that particular detail the least seriously, if that makes sense. She was trying to prove a point. There are actual problems with her politics that can be discussed instead of this.
Because people keep weighing in with a thought just like you are.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:25 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
We're having fun over here. Frankly, if all this is taking valuable time away from your usual, I don't know, cancer-curing or world-peace-procuring, you certainly don't have to keep reading.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:25 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Because people keep weighing in with a thought just like you are.
Well, true--I'm not helping.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:30 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times
CNN and MSNBC
are frantic trying to find something to make this woman GO AWAY
what a bunch of hacks
if they thought she was not a threat, they would be thrilled, like we were when Obama picked crazy Joe Biden.
Face it. It is a new ball game
step up to the plate and quit whinning

Old 09-05-2008, 07:31 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,685,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
just want to point it out that shes only been on the national scene for 5 days and we are already catching her in lies (or misrepresenation)
Plus, god called to tell me he never gave Palin any political advice. He slammed the phone down as he does not like being dragged into this.
E-bay listed it 3 times - not sold. Sold at a loss (2.7 purchase price vs 2.1 sale price) via a broker. If you add brokers fee, loss is higher than the 2.1 mil sale price would indicate.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:40 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,028,394 times
The CNN Wire: Latest updates on top stories - Blogs from CNN.com (http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/ - broken link)
But it turns out the twin-engine Westwind II was a tough sell on the Web — and the state eventually pulled it offline and sold it through an ordinary brick-and-mortar brokerage, for a loss, a spokeswoman said Friday.

This is why it is important. Now the campaign has had to acknowledge the falsehood to a major news source.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:50 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
The CNN Wire: Latest updates on top stories - Blogs from CNN.com (http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/ - broken link)
But it turns out the twin-engine Westwind II was a tough sell on the Web — and the state eventually pulled it offline and sold it through an ordinary brick-and-mortar brokerage, for a loss, a spokeswoman said Friday.

This is why it is important. Now the campaign has had to acknowledge the falsehood to a major news source.
There was no falsehood. Get that through your head. She said that she put it on Ebay and she did. She never said that she sold it on Ebay. Maybe you learn the meanings of words before you go talking about falsehoods. BTW, you might want to try and tell us about the "falsehoods" that comes from Obama and his campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections