Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:08 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkleyq View Post
I pick all three
yeah, Ill take em all too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:35 PM

Default The actual lie itself on ebay from john McCain

YouTube - McCain Palin Caught Lying By Washington Post click that link if you have any doubt that John McCain is either a liar or just plain INSANE.
pssss-or maybe both

Shes flip flops, on bridge to nowhere, CUTS spending for education of special needs children by 62 percent. THAT IS NO ERROR, 62 PERCENT

YouTube - CNN Palin Caught Lying Over Bridge and E-Bay Plane Sale

Im just getting started. Be sure to click on one link, come back and click on the other

Last edited by sberdrow; 09-05-2008 at 10:51 PM..

Old 09-06-2008, 10:01 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Nope. Because she wasn't trying to deceive anyone. Some people just want to twist her words and imply she was lying because they know she has eclipsed Obama.
Look at what she /McCain said - it was clearly understood by most people (excepting for some who will never...) that she was implying the sale on e-bay. She paused for the crowd to applause etc - real cheap. Kinda like Clinton saying he inhaled. No difference. Fanatics on both sides will believe whatever. Thankfully, there are enough people in the middle that have basic common sense.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:27 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Look at what she /McCain said - it was clearly understood by most people (excepting for some who will never...) that she was implying the sale on e-bay. She paused for the crowd to applause etc - real cheap. Kinda like Clinton saying he inhaled. No difference. Fanatics on both sides will believe whatever. Thankfully, there are enough people in the middle that have basic common sense.
She paused because she was telling a joke. The punchline was "I put it on Ebay". It got the rousing laugh it was supposed to get. It connected her being a politician with her being a regular person who buys and sells things on Ebay. It was a brilliant stroke. There will be the group of people who call that a lie versus the group of people who think, "Wow, she does Ebay when she wants to get rid of junk- just like I do." We will have to wait until November to see which group is larger.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
She paused because she was telling a joke. The punchline was "I put it on Ebay". It got the rousing laugh it was supposed to get. It connected her being a politician with her being a regular person who buys and sells things on Ebay. It was a brilliant stroke. There will be the group of people who call that a lie versus the group of people who think, "Wow, she does Ebay when she wants to get rid of junk- just like I do." We will have to wait until November to see which group is larger.
Nope nice try. The videos dont lie, What you said wont fly.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:37 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Meg Whitman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Margaret Cushing "Meg" Whitman[2] (born August 4, 1956)[3] was President and Chief Executive Officer of eBay from March 1998 to March 2008, when she stepped down from her role.

At the Republican National Convention(2008), Whitman gave a speech about what presumptive presidential nominee McCain would do in his first one hundred days in office if elected President of the United States.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:41 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Nope nice try. The videos dont lie, What you said wont fly.
It "flies" with my group, just not with yours. November will tell...

Old 09-06-2008, 11:34 AM

21 posts, read 94,130 times
Default You libs kill me!!! ROFPMP

You libs sure have your panties in a wad. Go figure. It's as if the lovely Mrs. Palin gave you all the snuggy of a lifetime. Up your crack for another 4 years. I love it.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:03 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Yep, she said she "put it on Ebay." And she did.

The bottom line, which most of the libs seems to be missing, is that she was not going to keep a private jet and pilot to fly her around -- she travels on commercial airlines (coach section) like everyone else. She also dispensed with the guv's chauffeur and cook. She drives herself and cooks her family's meals.

Oh, but that's all just so wrong, isn't it, libs? What a bunch of elitists!

Old 09-06-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesttbass View Post
You libs sure have your panties in a wad. Go figure. It's as if the lovely Mrs. Palin gave you all the snuggy of a lifetime. Up your crack for another 4 years. I love it.
Polls have obama ahead, even after your savior entered the scene. I thought for sure you guys would be ahead for at least a week or two, but turns out, your just as behind in the swing states.

John McCain is in colorado right now pimping her out on stage. Ill be back to expose more lies, but I have to go now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections