U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Will Sarah Palin run for President?
Yes 9 20.45%
No 35 79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-25-2011, 11:54 AM
 
Location: California
32,748 posts, read 36,223,159 times
Reputation: 28931

Advertisements

She isn't running. If she didn't it would be four reasons unrelated to actually hoping to be POTUS.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2011, 11:55 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
23,709 posts, read 21,164,687 times
Reputation: 9222
Who cares, US politics is a joke, all about egos and ideology rather than competence and the people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Riverside
4,088 posts, read 3,941,116 times
Reputation: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
But, but, but...she has a 'fire in her belly' to run for president!!!

That fire's got to be quenched, you betcha!

And, if she wins we will get to see how SHE handles the Queen of England..oh, I can just hear the stuff coming out of her mouth now!
I forgot about that, Fox! Palin did tell Greta Van Sustern last week she has "the fire in her belly"

More evidence she is IN.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 10,497,876 times
Reputation: 4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Please....stop obsessing over this lady....I don't see how you've concluded that this movie means she's definitely running. She's not going to run for office. She found out after the election was over that she had some star power (triggered mostly by the people that obsess over her) that she had better cash in on while she could. That's why she resigned as governor...the job doesn't pay much compared to what she can make in the media. She's making money...a lot of it too....while she can. This film maker is going to make money selling tickets to her audience...some of the same people that bought her book. The movie is a follow up to it, that she surely will be getting her cut of the profits the film makes. She didn't commission it so she could use it to launch a presidential campaign....she authorized it by signing a deal with the film maker to make money from it.

It's her haters that created her star power. She goes to Twitter and types something and everyone that hates her, starts talking about it....it ends up on national news (probably even international). Her haters tell her to shut up, that they're tired of hearing her talk but, she didn't say anything to them.....they all went to her, to find out if she's said anything new today. An audience is an audience...it doesn't matter if they hate you or if they love you....they're still an audience and that = $$$$$.

Even her daughter ended up with some star power from all the haters....enough for the producers of "Dancing with the Stars" to offer her a spot on their show. Programs like that are good for jump starting or reviving a person's career.

Keep calling her an idiot though, she's laughing all the way to the bank because of it.
ditto that
It is the libs that are keeping her in the spotlight. I wish she would go away. I thought she was a phony from the getgo. The new book just put out by her staffer might be worth a look, but she's history, I hope.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 12:03 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,145 posts, read 5,938,530 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Sarah bought a house in Scottsdale, presumably to set up as a more practical base for a run for president. She also commissioned a new 2 hr biographical documentary, "The Undefeated", which will open in theaters in June (New Palin Doc from Conservative Filmmaker to Premiere in June (http://www.conservativesforamerica.com/big-government/new-palin-doc-from-conservative-filmmaker-to-premiere-in-june%E2%80%A6-in-iowa - broken link))

So, Palin's definitely running, just as we always knew she would. Is she the blend of Tea Party Libertarian/Christian Conservative qualities the GOP has been waiting for? Everyone ready for the melodrama she's bound to inject into the race?
Yes baby palin/bachman 2012. That way Obama can concentrate on more important things. Please all you conservative send all you can to palin/bachman.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 12:03 PM
 
585 posts, read 1,025,519 times
Reputation: 574
Palins not running for President....she's running for Senate next year from Arizona...hoping to take the spot being vacated by Jon Kyle...now it makes perfect sense......she has to establish residency first....so there it is......wonder if JD Hayworth is gonna run again? that will make for some entertaining primary debates......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 12:06 PM
 
6,486 posts, read 6,014,909 times
Reputation: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
Palins not running for President....she's running for Senate next year from Arizona...hoping to take the spot being vacated by Jon Kyle...now it makes perfect sense......she has to establish residency first....so there it is......wonder if JD Hayworth is gonna run again? that will make for some entertaining primary debates......
Good point....and anyone that criticizes her for moving to a state to run for Senate ought to consider carpetbaggers like Rahm and Hillary who did the same thing. Heck....Emmanuel didn't even move to Chicago...he just ran for mayor.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 12:09 PM
 
585 posts, read 1,025,519 times
Reputation: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Good point....and anyone that criticizes her for moving to a state to run for Senate ought to consider carpetbaggers like Rahm and Hillary who did the same thing. Heck....Emmanuel didn't even move to Chicago...he just ran for mayor.
thats actually pretty smart and savvy on her part if she is running for senate from Arizona.....and a bunch of people have done it all over the country....didnt the repubs have Alan Keyes move to Illinois to challenge Barack Obama for the Illinois senate seat in 2004 after the repubs canidate, Jack Ryan, had to drop out due to his "sexual deviant" issues?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 12:12 PM
 
6,486 posts, read 6,014,909 times
Reputation: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
thats actually pretty smart and savvy on her part if she is running for senate from Arizona.....and a bunch of people have done it all over the country....didnt the repubs have Alan Keyes move to Illinois to challenge Barack Obama for the Illinois senate seat in 2004 after the repubs canidate, Jack Ryan, had to drop out due to his "sexual deviant" issues?
I honestly can't remember if Keyes ever did move there. I know there was talk of it. But yes--she does stand a pretty good chance of being elected in Arizona and she would have 4 years to prep for a presidential run in 2016 if Skippy somehow got re-elected, or 2020 if a Republican got in.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 12:18 PM
 
9,849 posts, read 7,494,042 times
Reputation: 3289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Sarah bought a house in Scottsdale, presumably to set up as a more practical base for a run for president. She also commissioned a new 2 hr biographical documentary, "The Undefeated", which will open in theaters in June (New Palin Doc from Conservative Filmmaker to Premiere in June (http://www.conservativesforamerica.com/big-government/new-palin-doc-from-conservative-filmmaker-to-premiere-in-june%E2%80%A6-in-iowa - broken link))

So, Palin's definitely running, just as we always knew she would. Is she the blend of Tea Party Libertarian/Christian Conservative qualities the GOP has been waiting for? Everyone ready for the melodrama she's bound to inject into the race?
I heard some other people put up all the money in another article and that she has no creative control over what goes to the theater.
She did allow what they did with her cooperation because she knows the people doing it and she knows they like her and want to see her do well.

Win or lose, it is good to get Palin in the race to bring up topics that need to be debated.
Obama is stuck on fail, and despite many Democrats lack of obvious love for all that is not Obama, the contrast will be delightful IMO.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top