Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,448,563 times

Advertisements

The reason I've stocked up on ammo recently is due to the meltdown in Mexico, which is right next door to those of us in Texas. Maybe you guys haven't been keeping up, but Mexico's imploding. Thousands of drug-related murders in the border cities. When it spills over into Texas, I won't be unarmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 07:52 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,422,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Gun sales are booming and the media says it's the economy but I think it may be people are worried they won't be able to buy one if Obama is elected and he and a Democrat Congress change the gun laws, so they are buying them now while they still can. I know I've been thinking about it --- that and surgery that isn't to correct a life threatening illness. I figure I'm going to need cataract surgery within the next two years so maybe I better have it done before Inauguration Day.

Here's an article that says it's tied to the economy not Obama. Still...

As economy sours, gun sales boom : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina
my dad just recently added three more handguns and is looking at a couple of rifles to add to his already large collection not for the reason of economy, but because of Obama's stance on guns.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:54 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,480,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy a4 View Post
I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL OBAMA WINS ON NOVEMBER 5TH

IT WILL BE A NEW COUNTRY AND A NEW WORLD

GET READY FOR CHANGE PEOPLE

OBAMA 08

rah rah
Good for you.

(now back to the reloading bench)

Old 10-09-2008, 07:56 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,422,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
As a gun owner, I can say you guys are completely retarded. The political will does not exist to do any drastic anti-gun legislation, even if the dems pick up 5 or 6 seats in the senate.
now you tell us after looking into this link. They did a door to door gun confiscation in new Orleans after Katrina of law abiding citizens.

Gun Confiscation In New Orleans

Old 10-09-2008, 08:14 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
now you tell us after looking into this link. They did a door to door gun confiscation in new Orleans after Katrina of law abiding citizens.

Gun Confiscation In New Orleans

What does any of that have to do with Obama?

Hate to break it to the right wingers but the chance of martial law and a gun grab is 100% greater under either Bush or McCain than under ANY Democrat. These are the people who like violating the Constitution, not any Democrats, who respect the law. The neocons have had a total disregard for the law.

They wouldnt necessarily take your guns, but they would make sure you are outgunned, courtesy of Blackwater USA. And any chance of using that gun to defend yourself or your property would result in you being cut to ribbons.

Think it cant happen? Do so at your own peril.

Of course, the sheep who vote Republican cannot comprehend this, as Rush Limbaugh/Glenn Beck/Sean Hannity wont admit to this

Old 10-09-2008, 08:18 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,533,106 times
Why do way too many people in the US get wood when it comes to owning a gun?
The violent crime in Canada and most countries in Europe does not even come close to being as bad as the USA. Why? Gun laws that make sense.
Obama is going to come after the guns of the thugs and drug dealers, not after Joe Hunter, ok?
Wake up cons, freaking eh.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:24 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,238,791 times
Probably because they are afraid of what kind of country this is going to turn into if Nobama is elected.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:26 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,241,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
The violent crime in Canada and most countries in Europe does not even come close to being as bad as the USA. Why? Gun laws that make sense.
Obama is going to come after the guns of the thugs and drug dealers, not after Joe Hunter, ok?
Switzerland has compulsory gun ownership for military age males, yet it has a far lower murder rate than the U.S.

Same thing with Israel.

It's not the guns that kill. It's the culture.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
How is Obama going to disarm thugs and drug dealers?

Old 10-09-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Switzerland has compulsory gun ownership for military age males, yet it has a far lower murder rate than the U.S.

Same thing with Israel.

It's not the guns that kill. It's the culture.
God forbid we should become like the Swiss, right. Can you imagine living in a country like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections