Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 06:57 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Gun sales are booming and the media says it's the economy but I think it may be people are worried they won't be able to buy one if Obama is elected and he and a Democrat Congress change the gun laws, so they are buying them now while they still can. I know I've been thinking about it --- that and surgery that isn't to correct a life threatening illness. I figure I'm going to need cataract surgery within the next two years so maybe I better have it done before Inauguration Day.

Here's an article that says it's tied to the economy not Obama. Still...

As economy sours, gun sales boom : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina

Conspiracy theories?

“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said. But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room.
So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...our-guns-away/

Hey jackass why would you make that statement if you never intended to in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 06:59 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,543,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
Obama will NOT be taking away anyones guns, he just wants a way for the criminals NOT to attain them THAT IS ALL! Even Joe Biden has said "if Senator Obama thinks he's taking my gun he is out of his mind" He said it that way, because he wants for America to understand how silly of an idea it is to imagine him doing that! He just wants to regulate some...
Oh, yes, and that sure the HELL works!!!

PEOPLE ARE YOU JUST UNINFORMED OR NOT LISTENING OR WHAT?

Chicago has a gun ban!!!! Obama is from Chicago!!! He worked to help get that gun ban!!!!

I don't know. Talk about the politics of personality. I guess everyone likes the way Obama walks or talks cause if they really examined his record and what he espouses, maybe they would take a second look at who this guy is.

New battles erupt over gun laws -- chicagotribune.com

Old 10-10-2008, 06:59 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,520,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
Obama will NOT be taking away anyones guns, he just wants a way for the criminals NOT to attain them THAT IS ALL! Even Joe Biden has said "if Senator Obama thinks he's taking my gun he is out of his mind" He said it that way, because he wants for America to understand how silly of an idea it is to imagine him doing that! He just wants to regulate some...
Biden was behind the so-called Assault Weapons Ban. Yeah, I trust him...not! And Obama's record speaks for itself...I'm not fooled by him suddenly changing his rhetoric when he decides to run for president.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:01 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why in the name of God would you think Obama is going to take away your guns?!

Because his history , his voting record, his WORDS say so, that why in the name of GOD we know he is going to take the guns....................He dont want whitey to have them............

Old 10-10-2008, 07:03 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,543,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Conspiracy theories?

“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said. But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room.
So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’

Washington Wire - WSJ.com : Obama: 'I'm Not Going to Take Your Guns Away'

Hey jackass why would you make that statement if you never intended to in the first place.
He fully intends to push the issue . . .and ban them just like in CHICAGO.

I guess Obamaniacs are so enthralled w/ the Audacity of Hope that they have not even heard what the man is really saying! If they had, they would not be so giggly in love with the truly audacious things O stands for!!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh, yes, and that sure the HELL works!!!

PEOPLE ARE YOU JUST UNINFORMED OR NOT LISTENING OR WHAT?

Chicago has a gun ban!!!! Obama is from Chicago!!! He worked to help get that gun ban!!!!

I don't know. Talk about the politics of personality. I guess everyone likes the way Obama walks or talks cause if they really examined his record and what he espouses, maybe they would take a second look at who this guy is.

New battles erupt over gun laws -- chicagotribune.com

They want to be controlled by the state. Take the gun that helps stop a criminal from entering a home and committing a crime. It's a lacking knowledge of history.

Lethal Laws

Old 10-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,071,618 times
I don't have a problem with guns it's the availability of the ammunition that's the issue. The politicians need to address that before the guns. Without bullets gun no worky. That used to be the topic some years back but it never went anywhere.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:05 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,980,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Because his history , his voting record, his WORDS say so, that why in the name of GOD we know he is going to take the guns....................He dont want whitey to have them............
Good God, man. I would bet my life I have many more guns than you do and I couldn't even make up this bs.

He's likely going to push to re-enact the AWB, but he's not going to take away low-cap semi/bolt action rifles and handguns.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:06 AM

Gun bans don't take guns away from anyone but the people who abide by the law leaving open for the slaughter houses.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:06 AM

820 posts, read 1,203,818 times
The updated law & regulation packet that ATF sends me each year is 2 and 3/4 inches thick.

That's just for a collector's permit that covers curio's and relics.

Buy a packet from ATF or look at their website.

Then .........

....tell us what dangerous activities are not already prohibited.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections