Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:43 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times

Advertisements

So, when do the right wing attacks come for the Nancy Reagan comment? Or did they not watch the press conference because Hannity was speaking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 01:44 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,718,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Ding. Dong. Security issue?
No security is allowed near a public school? That's news to me.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:44 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,089,948 times
It is pretty funny to watch him when he's not reading from a teleprompter. Not that I could do any better myself. But I've seen some clips of his speeches when the teleprompter went out and it goes from smooth delivery to mumble/stumble. He was talking about asthmatic children and their medical needs and said something about a breathalyzer rather than a nebulizer--he quickly corrected himself. LOL

Old 11-07-2008, 01:45 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,442,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Get real, man.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:45 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Newsflash: Many regular folk put their children in private school. Are you picketing outside their homes or standing in front of these private schools since they are an abomination to you? With so many death threats on his life and his family members (as well as a chance for kidnapping), it would likely be safer to consider a more contained private school over a publc school. You all are just looking for anything to criticize. Weren't Republicans the ones pushing for school vouchers? Why - because it would allow parents to pay for the education of their children at a school of their choice, many who would choose private over public. To hop on this as a "major" issue when we have two wars and a disastrous economy is just embarrassing.
Didn't you pay attention during the campaigns? They bashed Obama constantly for agreeing with McCain's own plans. Cap and trade was the last example I really paid attention to.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Newsflash: Many regular folk put their children in private school. Are you picketing outside their homes or standing in front of these private schools since they are an abomination to you? With so many death threats on his life and his family members (as well as a chance for kidnapping), it would likely be safer to consider a more contained private school over a publc school. You all are just looking for anything to criticize. Weren't Republicans the ones pushing for school vouchers? Why - because it would allow parents to pay for the education of their children at a school of their choice, many who would choose private over public. To hop on this as a "major" issue when we have two wars and a disastrous economy is just embarrassing.
It's not a major issue, but he should at least set an example on how great funding for the public school system will be and send his kids there.

Once again, "do as I say, not as I do".

Old 11-07-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Get real, man.
I will take that as a YES. Security is allowed next to ANY school. Good job.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:47 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
So, when do the right wing attacks come for the Nancy Reagan comment? Or did they not watch the press conference because Hannity was speaking?

O I am sure they will come out...

Old 11-07-2008, 01:48 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,940,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Security in a Public school is much more difficult to maintain than security in a private school. The schools are used to it and more accommodating. They are also not as big as a public school. There is also the fact that there is more violence in public schools.

There is a plethora of reasons why he shouldn't put his children in a public school setting and the main one is security. Look at the hate being spewed on this board. Imagine what those kids would go through in the wrong setting. The other aspect is that public schools are by district right? What is the school district for the White House?

Old 11-07-2008, 01:48 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
I understand and it is great! If we respect him, we shouldn't need 15 people to reassure us that he knows what he is talking about....IMO.....

I might start calling him "Group Barack" instead of "President Barack"
So you prefer a dictator...no wonder you liked bush...however, bush was not alone....his advisors werre shadows in the background and when the light of day hit them...some were gone.

You don't agree with anythng that Obama says so you don't agree we need a better economy, more jobs, an end to the war, better health care, better education,.....really weird !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections