Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:03 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,675,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
Does not matter where Obama was born..his father was a foreigner..not a citizen of the United States..that makes Obama unlawful to be president. Obama is not a natural born citizen based on the citizenship of his father.
You cannot be this uninformed.

Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 07:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
Yeah, they can.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:32 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
Quote:
Does not matter where Obama was born..his father was a foreigner..not a citizen of the United States..that makes Obama unlawful to be president. Obama is not a natural born citizen based on the citizenship of his father.
You really shouldn't be debating issues for which you are so fundamentally uniformed.

Seriously. This is embarrassing for you and everyone who continues to adopt this birther propaganda.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:50 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
Quote:
The Constitution says that the president must be a natural born citizen. He is. It has nothing to do with parents.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:59 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
These people have become an embarrassment to the country. They assume that any person off the street can apply for and receive "Eyes Only" top security clearance and access to the nation's most sensitive documents. The entire U.S. government has been in on this conspiracy since 1961..give me a break. You will notice that the GOP is in no hurry to disabuse people of this fanatical belief, which tells us much about the current level of ethics and character in the Republican Party. After 3 1/2 more years of this, the GOP will have marginalized itself and pandered to bigots long enough to just take down the tent and go winter with the carnies, where they belong.
Want to talk about whackos?

Rasmussen Reports

Friday, May 04, 2007
Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.

Holy crap!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:49 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,956 times
On Larry King the the other night Liz Cheney defended the birthers commenting, "people are uncomfortable with someone who seems so reluctant to defend the nation." BTW - Liz Cheney certainly has to be one of most obnoxious and annoying guests ever in a political debate. She constantly interrupts everyone. Is the new face of the republican party? I notice Palin's poll numbers are down.
Liz Cheney defends the Birthers - Joan Walsh - Salon.com

Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times
It is ridiculous, but, it does make for some entertaining TV.

Chris Matthews really gave G. Gordon what for last night. What really gets me, is that no matter how many times they are confronted with the truth, they make up nonsense to disbelive it. G.
Gordon on the birth announcement in the paper 'Every parent wants their child to be born in the U.S' because someone in Kenya knows enough to put a fake birth announcement in a paper from Hawai'i, despite the fact that the parents did not put the announcements in the paper - the department of health who got the info from the hospitals, where the births occurred, was responsible for notifying the newspapers.

YouTube - Chris Matthews Schools Birther G. Gordon Liddy - July 23 2009

Last edited by TigerLily24; 07-24-2009 at 10:33 AM..

Old 07-24-2009, 10:20 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,763,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Want to talk about whackos?

Rasmussen Reports

Friday, May 04, 2007
Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.

Holy crap!
How's that wacko... at least there's a preponderance of evidence that would indicate everything wasn't as 'tidy' as the 'brevity' of the commission report would like to portend. And that's also something that had SERIOUS ramifications to our generation; claimed the lives of 3k Americans in one fail swoop; ultimately became catalyst to the invasion of a sovereign nation and subsequently to the death of 100k+. Our nation only spent a paltry 4 mil to investigate this, meanwhile over a 100 mil about whether or not a former pres got a bj.

This citizenship fiasco is just as stupid and petty... mind you, I'm all for any ACTUAL 'evidence', but it seems the pundits lack eeither. lol. And the hubbub over Executive Order 13489 just shows how literally stupid some bloggers are.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:24 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,763,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
. Hope I didn't wake up my neighbors (these walls are thin) since I laughed out loud when he was talking about the one-stop shop Attorney/Dentist/Realtor.
That was SO FUNNY!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,668,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
I wasn't familiar with the term until today when Jon Stewart was making fun of 'em, and particularly Lou Dobbs... how out of the loop am I?
They probably read it from the "urban dictionary". lol

(although I usually like Lou Dobbs)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections