Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:28 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,205,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Don't you find the fact that he has spent so much money on having all of his records hidden terribly disturbing? This will set a dangerous precedent if allowed to stand without being thoroughly investigated.

How much has he spent and what records specifically is he hiding? Fact is he is being defended by DNC lawyers and all they have done was file motions to dismiss, all 40 something nuisance cases were dismissed. In fact in 2 cases the plaintiffs were ordered to pay court costs....Obama has spent nothing defending himself!

A Senate hearing determined that McCain was eligible, why not have a hearing on Obama? The fact that he's spent hundred of thousands of dollars having his records (birth, college, passport, law review, etc) sealed is indicative of something in his past that he doesn't want the public to know.

If Obama wasn't eligible no doubt there would have been a senate hearing to prove it as well, his eligibility wasn't questioned. In fact all 50 states put him on the ballot. AND McCain's campaign investigated allegations that Obama wasn't eligible and dismissed the rumors.....the evidence is posted on this very forum. As for the long form birth certificate it doesn't exist, again proof has been posted on this forum, in fact in this very thread.

If he were a conservative I would still insist that he conform to the laws of the land. And, if he were conservative the media would be foaming at the mouth to have all of his records made public.

Again what records is he hiding?

I truly do not know why this subject seems to be a laughing matter when the Constitution is being trampled on every day he is in office without sufficient proof of eligibility. If he does indeed conform to "natural born" status let the proof be shown. If not, he should be removed from office.

You have no idea what "natural born" means as it has never been defined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 11:48 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,763,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
All but three of the 19 hijackers were in the country before Bush got into the White House.
My point is that there are whackos on both sides. And that at least the birther whackos are a tiny fringe. The 9/11 whackos were pushing 40% of the Democrat base.
Except 9/11 'wackos' have a valid greviance. Seen 9-11 Mysteries Demolition I? Read the Commission Report in its entirety? If so (and you retain cognitive faculties), you wouldn't possibly make that blanket statement.

But meh... back to point - A good friend of mine told me that a 'live birth cert' from Hawaii (at least before) can be had w/o actually being born there. This was from personal exp. as this person's uncle was born in Israel; lived in HA, and upon death, the wife received his HA live birth cert for inheritance purposes. So perhaps there is something there. Big *perhaps*.

Anyway, to me it's really irrelevant. If the previous numb skull could desecrate our constitution with torture, and purposefully lie to start a illegitimate war... well, I guess you could say I don't give two sh1ts about this whole fiasco. It would hardly be the worse thing a president has done to deceive the public and to me, more of a formality then anything else. After Bush/Cheney and if it were up to me, I'd be willing to outsource U.S. Presidency, lol.

Anyway, it will go nowhere and continue to make a group of neo-cons (and clintonites) look sad. But hey, it's talking points/ratings and that's all national news is anymore in this country: entertainment.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:01 PM

1,179 posts, read 976,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
Does not matter where Obama was born..his father was a foreigner..not a citizen of the United States..that makes Obama unlawful to be president. Obama is not a natural born citizen based on the citizenship of his father.
You don't know what you are talking about.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:03 PM

1,179 posts, read 976,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
These people have become an embarrassment to the country. They assume that any person off the street can apply for and receive "Eyes Only" top security clearance and access to the nation's most sensitive documents. The entire U.S. government has been in on this conspiracy since 1961..give me a break. You will notice that the GOP is in no hurry to disabuse people of this fanatical belief, which tells us much about the current level of ethics and character in the Republican Party. After 3 1/2 more years of this, the GOP will have marginalized itself and pandered to bigots long enough to just take down the tent and go winter with the carnies, where they belong.
lol, OUCH!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 08:07 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,336,868 times
Equal time, Stewart!

YouTube - Dobbs Tells Roland Martin To Pipe Down During Obama Birth Debate

Old 07-26-2009, 05:13 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I disagree....
I know you do. Ever since Obama entered the presidential race, the modus operandi of the left has been to scream "racist!" at anyone who has opposed him.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:01 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
I know you do. Ever since Obama entered the presidential race, the modus operandi of the left has been to scream "racist!" at anyone who has opposed him.
Are you trying to say the Democrats reversed KKKarl Rove's own tactics and used them against him, and successfully?

Old 07-26-2009, 07:40 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
If obamma is any kind of a man he will produce his real birth certificate. But this won't happen. It's just like his presidency, smoke and mirrors.
Oh second, John Stewart is a dimwit comic with a spoof show, I am amazed at how many people are stupid enough to believe this guy on anything.

lol....you're a pretty good comic too

Old 07-26-2009, 07:45 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
How's that wacko... at least there's a preponderance of evidence that would indicate everything wasn't as 'tidy' as the 'brevity' of the commission report would like to portend. And that's also something that had SERIOUS ramifications to our generation; claimed the lives of 3k Americans in one fail swoop; ultimately became catalyst to the invasion of a sovereign nation and subsequently to the death of 100k+. Our nation only spent a paltry 4 mil to investigate this, meanwhile over a 100 mil about whether or not a former pres got a bj.

This citizenship fiasco is just as stupid and petty... mind you, I'm all for any ACTUAL 'evidence', but it seems the pundits lack eeither. lol. And the hubbub over Executive Order 13489 just shows how literally stupid some bloggers are.

EO13489 ? Did I miss something?
Quote:
The Presidential Records Act Amendments of 2009 (H.R. 35) limits the authority of presidents and former presidents to block the release of presidential records. The bill sets deadlines for the review of records prior to release, gives the incumbent president the authority to reject former presidents' claims of privilege, restricts the ability to assert privilege claims to presidents and former presidents, and eliminates the ability of vice presidents to make privilege claims concerning vice presidential records.
The bill also overturns Executive Order 13233, which was issued on November 1, 2001 by President George W. Bush. That order broadened the authority of presidents and former presidents to block the release of presidential records, extended that authority to former presidents' heirs, and granted similar powers to vice presidents concerning vice presidential records.[1].

H.R. 35 was passed by the House on January 7, 2009 and referred to the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs on January 8, 2009. On January 21, 2009, President Barack Obama issued Executive Order 13489 concerning presidential records, which revoked Executive Order 13233

Old 07-26-2009, 07:48 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,690,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
Does not matter where Obama was born..his father was a foreigner..not a citizen of the United States..that makes Obama unlawful to be president. Obama is not a natural born citizen based on the citizenship of his father.
So the word "Logic" in your name here is a joke, right? Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections