Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:08 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,544,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
Does not matter where Obama was born..his father was a foreigner..not a citizen of the United States..that makes Obama unlawful to be president. Obama is not a natural born citizen based on the citizenship of his father.

Huh...Oh lawd, not this BS theory again. Alright, lets review the constitution again....

Educate us all on the passage in the constitution that says his parent or parents have to be born in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,950,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
Does not matter where Obama was born..his father was a foreigner..not a citizen of the United States..that makes Obama unlawful to be president. Obama is not a natural born citizen based on the citizenship of his father.
uuhhh, you need to do s little reading of the constution

What are the 3 requirements to become president of the United States of America?
Quote:
Eligibility
Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets the principal qualifications one must meet to be eligible for election as President. A Presidential candidate must:
be a natural born citizen of the United States
be at least thirty-five years old;
have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

Although only dealing with the concept of citizenship and not necessarily natural born citizenship, the Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides an additional source of constitutional doctrine stating that birth "in the United States" and subjection to U.S. jurisdiction at the time of birth, entitles one to citizenship:
And using your thoughts why are anchor babies full natural born citizens at birth even tho mom and dad arent citizens?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:58 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Want to talk about whackos?

Rasmussen Reports

Friday, May 04, 2007
Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.

Holy crap!
Yes, I agree there are some nutty Democrats, but this is entirely different. The "birthers" keep saying that Obama is not a citizen. Something like that can be verified very easily. I mean, since his original birth certificate was validated by the Health Dept in Hawaii and 2 newspapers found birth announcements from Aug 1961 in their archives, there is nothing more to question. I heard one crazy lady say his mother sneaked him into the country. Why? Because in 1961 she knew her baby would be the first Black president? So that's why she named him Barack Hussein? Then she paid hush money to the newspapers, the hospital and the officials in Hawaii to fake everything. Makes sense to me!

But when it comes to 9/11 there are many answers we don't have about that day in 2001. Do I think Bush & Cheney planned an attack on the WTC? No, not at all, although I used to have my doubts. But the Republicans have never held them accountable and keep blaming the attacks on Bill Clinton. Remember that show on ABC? It was all because Bill was too busy getting his jollies with Monica, not because Bush was given several warnings and chose to ignore them. In addition, the Bush Administration claimed that Saddam Hussein was behind the attacks and then denied they ever said or implied it.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:31 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
All but three of the 19 hijackers were in the country before Bush got into the White House.
My point is that there are whackos on both sides. And that at least the birther whackos are a tiny fringe. The 9/11 whackos were pushing 40% of the Democrat base.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:33 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
The Cheney/Bush government may or may not have known about the 9/11 attack but I would bet the Saudi Royal Family and intelligence service did.

I would have literally taken the King captive and told him to deliver Bin laden or not survive the day. I would not have used it as an excuse to invade Iraq and start a war in Afghanistan.

BTW - the 'birthers' are delusional.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:09 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,738,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
I wasn't familiar with the term until today when Jon Stewart was making fun of 'em, and particularly Lou Dobbs... how out of the loop am I?

Check the link for the full video clip:
Jon Stewart Eviscerates The 'Birther' Movement (VIDEO)

And a good editorial on the same topic:
The Washington Monthly
I first heard the term on CNN a couple of days ago and it took me awhile to understand what they meant. Who on earth came up with these names anyway? It's a catchy term though.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:22 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Cheney/Bush government may or may not have known about the 9/11 attack but I would bet the Saudi Royal Family and intelligence service did.

I would have literally taken the King captive and told him to deliver Bin laden or not survive the day. I would not have used it as an excuse to invade Iraq and start a war in Afghanistan.

BTW - the 'birthers' are delusional.
In addition to not holding the Saudi Royal Family and the king accountable, they fly all bin Ladin's relatives out of the U.S. at our expense. Real smart.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:26 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
All but three of the 19 hijackers were in the country before Bush got into the White House.
My point is that there are whackos on both sides. And that at least the birther whackos are a tiny fringe. The 9/11 whackos were pushing 40% of the Democrat base.

As others have pointed out, though, there is overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that Obama was born in the United States. Case open, case closed.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions and official stances regarding 9/11 that do not make a lot of logical sense.

It's really a very different situation altogether. One truly is an insane fringe element denying evidence, the other is simply not satisfied with inadequate answers.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,205,248 times
GOP favorite presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is a birther, will be attending the "How To Take Back America Conference" which is being hosted by at least three bona fide Birthers: Janet Porter, Joseph Farah, (aka World Nuts Daily publisher aka LIAR) and Rick Scarborough.

LEADING GOP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE TO ATTEND BIRTHER CONFERENCE! | Right Wing Watch

Old 07-24-2009, 01:58 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
In addition to not holding the Saudi Royal Family and the king accountable, they fly all bin Ladin's relatives out of the U.S. at our expense. Real smart.
Plus, 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis...yet we attacked Iraq citing WMD, when we sold them armaments and chemicals under Reagan. We armed the Taliban as well, so they could repel the Russians, under the same admin. The issue of President Obama's birth certificate is a poor attempt to distract from
the essential questions regarding the invasion of Iraq and those who profited
from it; Cheney needed that pardon for Scooter Libby to repay him for taking the bullet aimed squarely at Cheney over the illegality of outing Plame, among other things. Spot on, tigerlily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections