Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
This is what happens when people do not study civics in school. These birthers either went to a poor school where it is no longer taught, skipped school so much that they didn't learn anything, or dropped out of school before the 9th grade.
I used to think this was an issue of education as well, then Harvard grad Lou Dobbs started validating this birther myth!

(though, to be fair, Dobbs does believe Obama is a legal citizen)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 03:16 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Are you trying to say the Democrats reversed KKKarl Rove's own tactics and used them against him, and successfully?
?

Old 07-26-2009, 06:10 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
?

Rove sells Racism like he was taught to do by Lee Atwater.

That's what knocked McCain out of the saddle in 2000, when the story got released that John had a black love child.

If Obama got elected by his supporters screaming "racism" when anyone opposed him, I would say it is a fitting counterpoint to KKKarl, no?

Old 07-26-2009, 07:23 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,847,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Rove sells Racism like he was taught to do by Lee Atwater.

That's what knocked McCain out of the saddle in 2000, when the story got released that John had a black love child.

If Obama got elected by his supporters screaming "racism" when anyone opposed him, I would say it is a fitting counterpoint to KKKarl, no?
No.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:27 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,685,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
But meh... back to point - A good friend of mine told me that a 'live birth cert' from Hawaii (at least before) can be had w/o actually being born there. This was from personal exp. as this person's uncle was born in Israel; lived in HA, and upon death, the wife received his HA live birth cert for inheritance purposes. So perhaps there is something there. Big *perhaps*.
it is true that foreign-born people can get hawaiian birth certificates, but the place of birth will reflect the person's actual place of birth. if obama was born in kenya, his hawaiian birth certificate would have the name of the town in kenya where he was born, not honolulu.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
The Presidential Records Act Amendments of 2009 (H.R. 35) limits the authority of presidents and former presidents to block the release of presidential records. The bill sets deadlines for the review of records prior to release, gives the incumbent president the authority to reject former presidents' claims of privilege, restricts the ability to assert privilege claims to presidents and former presidents, and eliminates the ability of vice presidents to make privilege claims concerning vice presidential records.
The bill also overturns Executive Order 13233, which was issued on November 1, 2001 by President George W. Bush. That order broadened the authority of presidents and former presidents to block the release of presidential records, extended that authority to former presidents' heirs, and granted similar powers to vice presidents concerning vice presidential records.[1].

H.R. 35 was passed by the House on January 7, 2009 and referred to the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs on January 8, 2009. On January 21, 2009, President Barack Obama issued Executive Order 13489 concerning presidential records, which revoked Executive Order 13233
I believe this refers to records of matters pertaining to the presidency, not the president's kindergarten records. If I weren't so tired, I'd check out that last sentence. Sounds fishy to me.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:16 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Well well what a surprise, even shemale Ann Coulter comes out against the birthers, I may have an ounce of respect for s/he after all

Note: fast forward to the 6:15 mark or you will have to listen to the shemale blathering about the Gates incident.

[youtube]WfTHQUYvwBM[/youtube]

How did I miss this? Thank you! By the way, I didn't fast forward and I hate to say that I agree with Ann Coulter (please don't tell my friends!) that using Gates as an example of racial profiling is like a woman crying rape for being called Honey. Using a Harvard professor who lives in a neighborhood of $1.5 million dollar homes as the poster child for racial profiling hurts the people who are daily subjected to real racism. (AFAIK the house is owned by Harvard, but you get my point)

Old 07-27-2009, 01:23 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,763,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
it is true that foreign-born people can get hawaiian birth certificates, but the place of birth will reflect the person's actual place of birth. if obama was born in kenya, his hawaiian birth certificate would have the name of the town in kenya where he was born, not honolulu.
ostensibly not, at least not before due to a loop hole. re-read my anecdotal story. like i said though, I don't really care if he isn't... anyone spending too much time with citizenship-obama mania has too much time on their hands and/or leads a boring life, unless of course you're an entertainer (i.e. U.S. mainstream journalist), in which case you're getting paid for it.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:45 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,685,538 times
does your friend's uncle's birth certificate say his place of birth is in hawaii though?

i fail to see how your story contradicts what i know about the issue.

i know you're not a birther or anything, i just don't get your logic.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:04 PM

2,887 posts, read 7,141,116 times
In today's (July 27, 2009) Honolulu Advertiser:
Quote:
Obama Hawaii born, insist Isle officials
Updated at 2:57 p.m., Monday, July 27, 2009

In an attempt to quash persistent rumors that President Obama was not born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961, Hawai'i's health director reiterated this afternoon that she has personally seen Obama's birth certificate in the Health Department's archives.

"I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawai'i State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawai'i State Department of Health verifying Barrack Hussein Obama was born in Hawai'i and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections