Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 10:05 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times

Advertisements

I have very dark brown hair and brown eyes, and I am abused and harassed on a daily basis. Yesterday, someone spat at me. The day before that, someone took a dump on my front lawn. I am going to move to Spain so I will fit in.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:08 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I have very dark brown hair and brown eyes, and I am abused and harassed on a daily basis. Yesterday, someone spat at me. The day before that, someone took a dump on my front lawn. I am going to move to Spain so I will fit in.
Lol!!!!!

Old 04-13-2014, 03:10 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,079,621 times
Ih yes, the wife of my aunt was Swedish and she had black hair and slightly slanted eyes. The former wife of my neighnour was indeed blonde, but also with slanted eyes. Most Swedish girls are not blonde.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:06 AM

1,200 posts, read 1,605,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeelee12 View Post
Last time I checked Greece, Italy and Spain were in Europe. Most people there have black hair and brown eyes.
There are plenty of them that would deny it, at least in Internet forums. I see that there are quite a few anthropology forums some of which dedicated to Europeans. The other day I caught a thread about how most Italians have light eyes and many of the members stated things such as "true Europeans don't have black hair."

I don't understands why some of them feel the need to deny that they have black hair; could it have something to do with the recent influx of North African immigrants which mostly have black hair?

Old 04-22-2014, 10:04 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
There are plenty of them that would deny it, at least in Internet forums. I see that there are quite a few anthropology forums some of which dedicated to Europeans. The other day I caught a thread about how most Italians have light eyes and many of the members stated things such as "true Europeans don't have black hair."

I don't understands why some of them feel the need to deny that they have black hair; could it have something to do with the recent influx of North African immigrants which mostly have black hair?
What those forums call anthropology is really called racial politics. Anthropology is used by such people only inasmuch as it serves their twisted identity.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:07 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Ih yes, the wife of my aunt was Swedish and she had black hair and slightly slanted eyes. The former wife of my neighnour was indeed blonde, but also with slanted eyes. Most Swedish girls are not blonde.
Your aunt's wife? How long have they had gay marriage where you live?

Old 04-22-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your aunt's wife? How long have they had gay marriage where you live?

Since I remember, before it was not legal but socially recognized,

Old 04-22-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
In Europe, black hair with brown eyes combination ususally indicates/is seen as of southern European ancestry. However it appears all over Europe but is never the majority. The lowest percentage of it is in southern Scandinavia. Celtic people have high ratios of dark brown shades almost black, even in Ireland, black hair is in a small minority. Black hair is commonest in Portugal, southern Spain, southern Italy, Albania,Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey.

You obviously have never been in Europe.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
It's not what you define as black hair, it's what is universally known as black hair. Both black hair and brown eyes are not in the majority of Northern and Western European populations as a whole. Dark brown or deep brown hair seem to be the most common colour for very dark hair in those regions, but not black. The British Isles are no exception to the rule, just that traditionally in the western parts of the U.K. and Ireland, there are more folks with dark brown hair than in the eastern parts. What is surprising is that red-haired people like myself are also more common in those same areas than in the eastern parts.
A french published study on hair color in May 2005 done by Veronique Battaille and Collins shows the ratio of black hair(Cheveux Noirs) in the following European Union member nations. These obviously do not include non-indigenous Europeans:

Belgique (Belgium) : 5.5%
France :4.7%
Suede (Sweden) : 3.1%
Pays Bas (Netherlands) : 2.3%
Royaume-Uni (U.K.) : 3.1%

Thus there seem to be an exaggeration on your part as well as your twin "Don". The difference is that there would be more dark brown shades in the U.K. than in Sweden for example, but that doesn't put them on a Southern European level. Most people in the U.K. as in the rest of Northern Europe have blonde to brown hair anyway.[/quote]

That French that published that study was on drugs.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
What those forums call anthropology is really called racial politics. Anthropology is used by such people only inasmuch as it serves their twisted identity.

Not even that, Black Hair / Brown Eyes are so abondant in Western Europe that you can't target any group. As I recall, even Nazis classified them as Aryians and gave them a rimbombant name. Most of the leadership was from that category.

Last edited by Rozenn; 04-23-2014 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: Rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe