Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 10:24 PM

662 posts, read 1,007,892 times

Advertisements

I myself i'm dark brown haired (not black haired).. one can see it perfectly when i put a black pullover or t-shirt.. and my long hair contrast with the black robe.. and are visibly dark brown (castani scuri).. althought i have black eye-lashes.
(I'm italian, from tuscany)

and there was even a time when i was natural blonde-with reddish tone.. as a baby.. but within 3 years of age they were already brown

Old 12-07-2014, 10:46 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
I myself i'm dark brown haired (not black haired).. one can see it perfectly when i put a black pullover or t-shirt.. and my long hair contrast with the black robe.. and are visibly dark brown (castani scuri).. althought i have black eye-lashes.
(I'm italian, from tuscany)

and there was even a time when i was natural blonde-with reddish tone.. as a baby.. but within 3 years of age they were already brown
most Italians have dark hair and eyes, by European standards this will be called "black" however if you compare it to the Asian "black" then yes, you have brown hair. The Asians have darkblue-black hair which is the darkest colour possible. The same applies and to their eyes...as well as the eyes of mexicans are the same, the asian-looking mexicans of course...not the ones that look like the boxer Canelo.

In italy of course you have lighter people too: Totti and Tozzi - 2 examples...however historically i think the italians were darker. Caesar was described as having dark hair and dark eyes while Nero had obviously dark hair. These days Monica Belluci is another example of what is called "dark" by european standards.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:03 PM

Yes. I understand. But our hair for the most part aten't black. Althought black hair exist among males.. ' ve never seen an italian female with true black hair (if theiy are not died of course)

with true black hair it only cames to my mind.. Gianluigi Buffonwho has also stinningly blue eyes(very particular blue eyes black hair) and Zambrotta.

yes bellucci is exotic in northern europe.. but today nomore.. in northern europe lives many southern europeans and midfle eastern. Just as black people are no more exotic in italy XD.

while it nevere comes an example of an italian famous woman with true black hair unlist they are died.

(Ex: caterina balivo, mastronardi, guaccero, bellycci, ferilli.. ecc are all dark brown haired but not black)

Old 12-07-2014, 11:05 PM

Correcting..: even buffon has dark brown hair http://www.calcioworld.it/img/1791/b...rd-storico.jpg

Old 12-08-2014, 05:08 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,078,958 times
But you are trying to locate your look-alikes, your ancestors....You are like Pinochio.

They are around Baku.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:40 AM

11 posts, read 14,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Black hair is common in Italy, Spain, Greece, certain parts of France and the UK which are all part of Europe, so the statement that it's rare in Europe is not accurate.
I'm Italian (Lombardy) and I'm black-haired, but I wouldn't say that it is very common. Most common colour is brown in all its nuances. Very often dark brown is mistaken with black because it shines almost the same, but the pigments and genes involved are different.
My experience is that in a school class there are 1-2 red, 1-2 blonde, 1-2 black-haired and all the rest is brown-haired: dark, light, medium, with reddish or yellowish tones, all sorts of browns.
In Southern Italy the incidence of black - dark brown hair is higher, but it is not such a striking difference.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:40 AM

1-2 red is too much.. In my High school composed of 10 classroom..all of it of about 25 people.. So.. 250 perdons.. There were Only two natural redheads.. Bur it' saldo true there were Also soñé immigrans.. So i'd say a round of 0,5% of italians has red hair.

True blonde Seems accurate.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:52 AM

My Shade of Brown is dark Brown white reddish reflexes btw.

Some people have dark brown with reflexes in the blonde spectrum.

We aren't boring monocromes but we are more colorfull-varied.. All the shades of espresso cofee brown are well expressed on us.

Last edited by julia90; 12-08-2014 at 12:17 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 11:55 AM

And if you look at males.. At their beards many have a different shade of beard color.. Respect ti their hair. I have seen quite a few males with black or dark brown hair and a red beard at my university.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:15 PM

11 posts, read 14,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Black hair is common in Italy, Spain, Greece, certain parts of France and the UK which are all part of Europe, so the statement that it's rare in Europe is not accurate.
I'm Italian (Lombardy) and I'm black-haired, but I wouldn't say that it is very common. Most common colour is brown in all its nuances. Very often dark brown is mistaken with black because it shines almost the same, but the pigments involved are different.
My experience is that in a school class there are 1-2 red, 1-2 blonde, 1-2 black-haired and all the rest is brown-haired: dark, light, medium, with reddish or yellowish tones, all sorts of browns.
In Southern Italy the incidence of black - dark brown hair is higher, but it is not such a dramatic difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.