Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 12:24 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
I don't know...
I always had the theory that it was probably the snow, maybe there's a minority.
Also high cheekbones.
Maybe my uncle married a Yeti, or she was partly Lapo...I don't know. Children came out black haired when my uncle was dirty blonde. Quite curious. Very gentle woman, but too much alcohol in Spain..

A neighbour "knocked out" a Swedish teenager back in the 50's and her family came, so there was a shotgun wedding....but then...she also had slanted eyes and high cheekbones but she was blonde.
So I have a rather reduced sample since I have never been to Sweden, but I have seen many girls like that.
Well, do Polish, Austrian, Swiss, Slovenes, Czech, Slovaks and so on have narrow eyes because of the snow, because they have seen a lot of it. Do you have a theory that snow makes it so bright that your eyes just "become" narrow? I don't think snow for 2 or 3 months a year would be sufficient. And when there is snow on the ground, it's the darkest and cloudiest time of the year. Shouldn't Spaniards have narrow eyes as there's so much sun?

The Yeti is a snowman who lives in the Himalayas, he's fictional. Maybe she was Sami, but those are a tiny minority. Sweden has 9.5 million people and 30,000 Samis which most have lived in isolation until the last 100 years.

There you have a Sami girl from Sweden:

And there's a Finnish one:

The Samis who live here don't look like this, if you thought so:

I think she's gorgeous.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:50 PM

662 posts, read 1,008,201 times
However. if my posts above seeked racist.. that wasn't my intent.

in my life i search to balance my culture with opening to immigrants.. discussing with them. At my university i made friends with an african group studying here. Excanching opinions and chatting.

i try to balance.

but mostly it s easier for me to stick only witb italians.. because cultural similarities are inevitables.. and because ut s the society different from usa or australia. I don't know wich is better. The world to me funchion on possibilities, options ecc.. .
it s easier if you already were born in new york.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:53 PM

Regarding my obsession with fisical traits is just one of my hobby observing it.

i could describe also the varieties of other ethnicities, like nigerians vs senegaleses.. the first being tendencially more robust and round headed.. i don't know why.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:55 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 932,944 times
Some of you are mistaking dark brown as the same as black...which it is NOT!

Most Nordics do not have black hair, but some do have brown hair.

It is in Britain where you can find native Brits with black hair, who are not Nordics.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:07 PM

Nordic, mediterranean, black ecc,. Are arbitral pole of somatic traits there are many sfumature on people.

dye to ckimate adaption, ethnic eterogeneousness ecc..

Old 12-10-2014, 02:10 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordPressed View Post
Since I did a thread about how much Latin Americans love Blonde people with blue eyes, I want to know about how Europeans view people with black hair and brown eyes, do they find them exotic or what?
I am latin american (Colombian) andI don't love blonde people, where did u get that idea from?

by the way, plenty of europeans have brown hair and brow eyes..... no one in europe cares about other people eye color

Old 12-10-2014, 04:20 PM

595 posts, read 719,717 times
Best thread ever.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Pakis are not Middle Easteners, entirely different. They don't look like Latin mestizos at all.
Thing is about chavs in England, you know, poor people that live in public housing, they think everyone with dark hair, a tan, and a beard are "Pakis". I look nothing like a mestizo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I know of an Indian (South Asian) from London. Flew into JFK airport (NYC). And the staff gave him a form in Spanish. Responded in British English: I can't understand this.

Isn't your heritage all European? I would have thought the British would have assumed you were European. You should responded to the racist comment in Spanish. American accent might also work.
My heritage is, it's not 100%, but somewhere around 97%. Thing is, I tan pretty easily, and when I get a tan and don't shave, I look like I'm from Turkey. In Spanish, we call it looking Moorish. Or as Miserere would know it, un moro. It's after I lost my tan (and my beard) in that perpetually cloudy climate did people start thinking I was Italian.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:40 PM

humanity is a continuum.. innpre globalization.

there are many southern european, i greece, italy and spain that could pass easily as iranians and there dore as pakistanis.

i have a friend here.. one of my best friend at uni a girl from pakistan (yes.. so i m not close at all to immigrants ) that cpuld pass as a dark italian.. there are italians like her.

Last edited by julia90; 12-10-2014 at 07:03 PM..

Old 12-10-2014, 06:41 PM

I myself when tanned can look easily iranian

I see no wrong if people say to her.. ypu look tunisian. (She's campanian, southern italian)
http://media.urbanpost.it/wp-content...ella-Fico.jpeg

The same if they say it to him (italian from marche)
http://www.orologioblog.net/wp-conte...gnini_0310.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 12-15-2014 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Copyright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe