Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 11:30 AM

106 posts, read 188,751 times

Advertisements

Iberia? Is there any town in Idaho with that name?

Old 10-30-2013, 12:17 PM

603 posts, read 1,630,929 times
^^^Lol, what a response.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:42 PM

560 posts, read 599,114 times
This thread is kinda ridiculous...

Anyhow, yes most portuguese people have dark brown and/or black and brown eyes.

There is also a strong prevalence of hazel eyes.

In the North of Portugal, there's a big prevalence of crystal blue eyes as well and lighter hair color.

Dark brown and darker eyes is common in spain, portugal and greece.

Italians, opposite what most people may think they are more pale in terms of skin tones, and usually are medium brown, lighter brown hair color and also lighter eye color as well.

I'm Portuguese and have Black hair and light brown eyes. My dad has black hair and greenish/turquoise eyes

Old 10-30-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano_ View Post
This thread is kinda ridiculous...

Anyhow, yes most portuguese people have dark brown and/or black and brown eyes.

There is also a strong prevalence of hazel eyes.

In the North of Portugal, there's a big prevalence of crystal blue eyes as well and lighter hair color.

Dark brown and darker eyes is common in spain, portugal and greece.

Italians, opposite what most people may think they are more pale in terms of skin tones, and usually are medium brown, lighter brown hair color and also lighter eye color as well.

I'm Portuguese and have Black hair and light brown eyes. My dad has black hair and greenish/turquoise eyes
I would not say it is ridiculous.

It gives a close estimate of how accurate eye and hair colours are for Europe.

Portuguese, Spaniards and Greeks have the lowest amount of eye and hair colour variation out of Europe simply, I could careless about exceptions or whichever.

I do not think anyone really said anything negative about Italians that much.

If anything people were supporting them.

Italians following Balkanites have a high amount of lighter eyed and haired people than Iberians and Greeks.

Italians and Balkan people are less Mediterranean and less swarthier than Iberians and Greeks too.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:11 PM

560 posts, read 599,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
I would not say it is ridiculous.

It gives a close estimate of how accurate eye and hair colours are for Europe.

Portuguese, Spaniards and Greeks have the lowest amount of eye and hair colour variation out of Europe simply, I could careless about exceptions or whichever.

I do not think anyone really said anything negative about Italians that much.

If anything people were supporting them.

Italians following Balkanites have a high amount of lighter eyed and haired people than Iberians and Greeks.

Italians and Balkan people are less Mediterranean and less swarthier than Iberians and Greeks too.
Nor did I say anything that anyone in here said something negative towards Italian.

If you read my post correctly you'll see that both your opinion and mine are very similar.

Like I said, italians being more light tones, and Portuguese, Spanish and Greek being darker tones.

I myself have dark brown or i may even call it black... although at times i may get highlights and lighter shades/tones

Old 10-30-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano_ View Post
Nor did I say anything that anyone in here said something negative towards Italian.

If you read my post correctly you'll see that both your opinion and mine are very similar.

Like I said, italians being more light tones, and Portuguese, Spanish and Greek being darker tones.

I myself have dark brown or i may even call it black... although at times i may get highlights and lighter shades/tones
Alright fair enough.

I say we both are in agreement then.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:41 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,423,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
To add also I seen more exotic/extra European Meds in Iberia and most of Greece than I have seen even in most of Italy.
The people you might have seen, could easily have been non-Portuguese/Spanish people or people of a mixed ancestry. Remember most Western European nations are ex-colonial powers, Spain and Portugal were the first European long-lasting colonies in the New World in our modern era. Indigenous Iberians in studies genetically are shown a higher Northern European component than Italians/Greek for that matter. Portuguese might have a slightly higher ratio of black hair and brown eyes than Italians as a whole according to the GWAS study, but they were shown to have a paler skin than Italians and to be more similar to that of the Poles.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:00 PM

824 posts, read 3,601,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
The universal hair color of Europeans is brown from very light to very dark brown hair, not black. Northern Europe(especially Scandinavia and Finland) has the lowest ratio of pure black hair statistically, while other regions Central and Eastern Europe have even slightly more. Southern Europe which is much darker, would naturally have higher ratios. For example when comparing four European countries Ireland, Poland, Portugal and Italy, black hair as a whole was commonest among the Portuguese, then Italians, then Poles and finally the Irish. On the other hand a person who's black-haired, with a pale white/freckled-skin and blue/green eyes were found to be more common among the Irish, then Poles than among the Portuguese/Italians.
[/quote]

Lappd and Uralic genes bring a lot of dark haired people, even black haired, specially on finland and northern and central parts of sweden/Norway. I think Denmark is where is more unlikely to see a person with really dark hair followed by areas in Northern germany (moe so nortwhest areas and specially around east frisia) and Netherlands (except the very south areas bordering belgium)

Old 11-02-2013, 05:23 AM

520 posts, read 1,514,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86
Lappd and Uralic genes bring a lot of dark haired people, even black haired, specially on finland and northern and central parts of sweden/Norway. I think Denmark is where is more unlikely to see a person with really dark hair followed by areas in Northern germany (moe so nortwhest areas and specially around east frisia) and Netherlands (except the very south areas bordering belgium)
C'mon. That isn't true. There tend to be more "light-haired" people than in Southern Germany but it's far from being as blond as you imagine it to be in your wet supremacy dreams. Ever been to Schleswig-Holstein or Mecklemburg? Those sparsely populated East Frisian areas aren't "Northern Germany", you know. East Frisia is as "represantative" for Germany as deep Upper Bavaria.

Gallery and vita of famous Northern Germans by the regional Northern German TV and radio network.
Norddeutsche, die Geschichte machten | NDR.de - Geschichte - Berühmte Köpfe
Hitlisten des Nordens | NDR.de - Fernsehen - Sendungen A - Z - Das Beste am Norden

Our greatest boxer ever, Max Schmeling, was "pure Northern German" and looked "Italian" somehow:

What about our scandalous and infamous anti-Israel author Günther Grass from Northern Germany? Is he blond and blue-eyed?
http://img.welt.de/img/bildergalerie...nter-Grass.jpg

Or Jan Fedder, a true "Hamburger" who got famous in Northern Germany for starring in the 1980's film "Das Boot".

http://content7.flixster.com/photo/1...120517_ori.jpg

those were/are quite famous regionally here in the Northern half of Germany...and there are many more who don't fit your "Northern Germany most blond place in the world" agenda!

and that will be my last post in that type of threads. I promise. Sorry for keeping that **** alive, guys.

Last edited by Rozenn; 11-03-2013 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 11-02-2013, 06:30 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,468,261 times
Traveller doesn't know what European populations look like at all. If he did he wouldn't be posting the rubbish he does. He knows zilch about Europeans and obviously doesn't have any close relationship with Europeans. There are people with dark hair and brown eyes in every European population. Just because people have these characteristics doesn't make them any different than other people of their nationality. If a German or Dutch person has brown eyes and dark brown hair that doesn't mean they are different than other German or Dutch people.

British and Irish people are European and closest to their neighbours genetically. What exactly is the agenda of Traveller/Cabellero I don't know? Irish people are more blue eyed than Germans so what does that prove Traveller? It doesn't prove that one is better than the other. These kind of threads really are nonsensical. Brown eyes and dark hair are dominant to blue eyes and blond hair. Populations have different ratios but all are as European as the next population and any population in Europe has these recessive genes. It doesn't make a population better because they have more recessive genes. All European populations are closer to each other than any population outside Europe. I'm just non plussed by your bias. Why do you group countries like Britain and Ireland together for starters? Yes they are neighbours but they look at each other very differently. Britain is Anglo-Saxon but Ireland has always distanced itself from this and looks at itself different from Britain. It just highlights your ignorance of Europe when you put these two countries together. The Irish would never classify themselves as Germanic so why are you always including them in your rant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe