Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 09:27 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Americans think Spain is some city in Mexico, even Hispanic Americans don't know about Spain. They are clearly black or brown, but they call themselves "Spanish", when they definitely aren't.
In New Mexico, it is mostly White Hispanics who call themselves 'Spanish' while people of Mexican descent call themselves 'Mexican'.

Maybe it is different in Pennsylvania.

Also, maybe I am just hanging out with all the wrong people, but I have never come across people in America who are unaware that Spain is in Europe. I mean doesn't every American school child learn about the Age of Exploration, Columbus discovering America from a Spanish port, and Spanish colonialism in the New World? How can the Spanish crown support the exploration of America from America?

Old 03-06-2014, 09:32 AM

595 posts, read 719,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
The Balkans may have been the poorest region one time but not anymore than Spain, Portugal or Greece which are now worse of than the Balkans in the situation, you would be silly to not except it.
Event in current situation, Balkans are much more poorer than Iberia, sorry, that's a fact

Quote:
The mainland Italy has more chance of being less corrupt atleast compared to Iberia which is now become much more, unfortunately for you haha.
It may has the chance, but that doesn't change reality. Italy is the most corrupt country in western Europe, much more than Iberian countries. It is even more corrupt than most of Latin America, and at the same level than African countries. It is to be ashamed. Sorry
Iberia is at the same level as France or Belgium, sorry for you

Quote:
There just as much in relation between history and tradition as well as being modern and more advanced.
Great, but Italy is still more traditional, religious and more conservative than Iberia. Sorry

Quote:
I just being honest frankly Italy does attract a lot more tourists than Spain due to it's history and culture which is as great and diverse as France, while Spain is not as diverse and more limited I am afraid to say.
You are being honest and you are afraid, but you are wrong. Spain attracts 20 millions more tourist than Italy. That is the reality

Quote:
Italy is irrelevant in protests and what I say is just not what you want to hear.
Or maybe the truth hurts you, sorry
Protesters in Italy have even put a bomb

Quote:
Charts or not, it is your downfall if you want to lie and pretend that unemployment does not exist in Spain or Portugal, smells more like denial to me than honesty.
Did I pretend that?
Portugal has almost the same unemployment than Italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriaEstefan View Post
The Balkans (some countries at least) may be poorer at the moment but they are on the rise. You really can't say the same about the Iberian countries.
That would be good for Iberians, the violent and criminal Balkans will cease to emigrate there. We should be happy about them, it's was a shame for the whole Europe have that poor, violent and corrupt place on the continent.

Anyway, Italy standars of living and economy are also on declining, and the rise of the Balkan countries is being quite slowly. Maybe in 20 years could reach Iberia.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-06-2014 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: Personal

Old 03-06-2014, 10:12 AM

603 posts, read 1,631,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
Event in current situation, Balkans are much more poorer than Iberia, sorry, that's a fact

It may has the chance, but that doesn't change reality. Italy is the most corrupt country in western Europe, much more than Iberian countries. It is even more corrupt than most of Latin America, and at the same level than African countries. It is to be ashamed. Sorry
Iberia is at the same level as France or Belgium, sorry for you

Great, but Italy is still more traditional, religious and more conservative than Iberia. Sorry

You are being honest and you are afraid, but you are wrong. Spain attracts 20 millions more tourist than Italy. That is the reality

Or maybe the truth hurts you, sorry
Protesters in Italy have even put a bomb

Did I pretend that?
Portugal has almost the same unemployment than Italy.

PD: I am really sorry for you that you were banned on AnthroScape, but at the same time I'm quitte happy that your skills in english are improving, it was an embarrassment to the British education system that an Englishman like you were writting so badly in English.

That would be good for Iberians, the violent and criminal Balkans will cease to emigrate there. We should be happy about them, it's was a shame for the whole Europe have that poor, violent and corrupt place on the continent.

Anyway, Italy standars of living and economy are also on declining, and the rise of the Balkan countries is being quite slowly. Maybe in 20 years could reach Iberia.
The Balkans are actually getting slowly better than what is happening in Spain.

Iberia is more like Greece and Latin American in corruptness than mainland Italy which ever reach, Iberia like Greece is as corrupt as the Maghreb and the Near East even too.

Iberia more traditional and rigid and Italy more modern and quite flexible.

Balkanites are still developing while rising and are much less corrupt than Iberians and Greeks too.

Italy's standard of living is still much better no matter how it is going than how Iberia is going.

The Balkans has still a good chance as much as Germany has already got.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-06-2014 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: Trolling

Old 03-06-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
The Balkans are actually getting slowly better than what is happening in Spain.
LOL
I know truth hurt, but even with the current situation, Iberia is in a better situation than the Balkans, Iberians standars of living are much more higher than the ones of the Balkans

Mainland Italy is the most corrupted region in Western Europe, much more than Iberia, Iberians are not even near that levels. Italy is at the same level than African countries
Transparency International - Country Profiles

Anyway, what matters is the present, Italy is a conservative and traditional country that is still related with Catholicism. Iberia is much more liberal, modern and less religious. Sorry

Quote:
Balkanites are still developing while rising and are much less corrupt than Iberians and Greeks too.
LOL, Sorry but no Balkan countries are really corrupt and violent.

Quote:
Italy's standard of living is still much better no matter how it is going than how Iberia is going.
Wrong. Northern and Central Italy's standard of living is slightly better (not much), Iberia's standard of living is slightly higher than Southern Italy. Sorry, it's a fact

Quote:
The Balkans has still a good chance as much as Germany has already got.
LOL
Yes, keep dreaming

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-06-2014 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Orphaned - Response to an edited post

Old 03-06-2014, 11:00 AM

39 posts, read 82,430 times
I don't know why you Victus keep bringing up other nations when the topic is about the way Iberians are seen abroad. Be careful or you may end up sounding like someone with a deep-rooted complex (which I know you are not).

Old 03-06-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Iberia is much more liberal, modern and less religious. Sorry
Iberia (whatever country it is) is not modern nor liberal. Unless you equate gay marriage and modernity.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I don't know why you Victus keep bringing up other nations when the topic is about the way Iberians are seen abroad. Be careful or you may end up sounding like someone with a deep-rooted complex (which I know you are not).
It was not me who has brought on other countries to the topic, it was Cloxias.
By the way, If you think there are Iberians that may have a rooted complex to other European countries apart of France, Germany or Sweeden you don't know Iberians that well.

Quote:
Iberia (whatever country it is) is not modern nor liberal. Unless you equate gay marriage and modernity.
It's not only gay marriage but women equality, inmigrants integration, drugs legislation or importance of religion in society. And yes, Portugal is a liberal country.
And I didn't say Iberia is modern nor liberal, I said it is compared to other southern Europeans countries.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
By the way, If you think there are Iberians that may have a rooted complex to other European countries apart of France, Germany or Sweeden you don't know Iberians that well.
What a sad thing to say! Just because the natives of those countries see *some* Iberians as fundamentally non-whites it doesn't mean that you should feel a complex to them.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:26 PM

58 posts, read 94,728 times
Quote:
What a sad thing to say! Just because the natives of those countries see *some* Iberians as fundamentally non-whites it doesn't mean that you should feel a complex to them.
Actually some Spaniards have somewhat a SUPERIORITY complex to those countries. We have a healthy skin tone and are not pale like ghosts. In fact, another nickname for Northern/Central/Eastern European tourists in summer is "Langosta" (Lobster) because of their awkward skin tone after sun exposure, as we know that north of Pyrenees, the Alps and the Balkans there is no sun.

I'm a Spaniard and as such, I'm blessed with skin tone to cope with real sun for many hours.

And everyone in Europe is white except immigrants from other parts of the world. No one in Sweden, Germany, France or the UK thinks Spanish are not white, except far-right politicians/supporters, uneducated people and bad trolls on the Internet.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Who spoke about races and being white? It's all about economics and society.

Don't be afraid about Iberians complexes regarding the look and being seen as non-white since in Iberia being tan is synonymous of beautiful and being white of sick, and they have the stereotype that northern europeans are ugly. So they must be really happy of not being considered part of the same race.

Last edited by victus; 03-06-2014 at 02:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe