Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 07:09 AM

5 posts, read 5,394 times

Advertisements

I have visited Milan once and I loved it. The Duomo gives a certain feeling to it, the contrary of dull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 02:14 PM

217 posts, read 277,581 times
Mostly, yes

Old 06-29-2014, 05:21 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,432,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I was once attracted to Milan, Italy. It had elements that I perceived as interesting - the fashion industry, an economic engine, more working types of people.
As opposed to lazy types, you mean?

Old 06-29-2014, 10:32 AM

121 posts, read 389,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
As opposed to lazy types, you mean?
I guess that he is referring to the Sicilians, the Romanians and the Albanians who now make the majority of the population in Milan.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:49 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 933,401 times
Compared to Rome, most of Milan is rather blocky or stale looking besides the Duomo and Galleria Emmanuel.

But it is the financial capital of Italy and is one of the fashion capitals of the world.

The people viewing is outstanding over there, in my opinion.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo vidal View Post
I guess that he is referring to the Sicilians, the Romanians and the Albanians who now make the majority of the population in Milan.
Should we understand that albanians and romanians are all lazy, or? I am a romanian (not living and never lived in Italy) and I find your statement simply non-sense, therefore it would be great if you would either delete your comment or justify it properly.

Thanks a lot.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:05 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,841,280 times
MILAN: Go see the cathedral, walk around the area one or two hours and then go somewhere else.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:27 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,890,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo vidal View Post
Why do people keep on talking when they know nothing about the argument?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:12 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,297,725 times
My girlfriend is from Bologna, and said she doesn't like Milan because it lacks any real outstanding architectural sites (besides the obvious sites that have been cited). Also she says that she doesn't feel good there, that it's too big and messy and not particularly interesting.

I feel most italians go to Milan for work more than anything else, really.

I still have to visit the city, I only go there to change trains when I go back to France. Anyway it seems to be really similar to the part of France where I'm from, just to the other side of the Alps. Bologna or Parma seem more different, and thus more genuinely italian to me.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:12 AM

9,371 posts, read 14,322,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
My girlfriend is from Bologna, and said she doesn't like Milan because it lacks any real outstanding architectural sites (besides the obvious sites that have been cited). Also she says that she doesn't feel good there, that it's too big and messy and not particularly interesting.
In my experience, the best time to tour Milan is by car on an early Sunday morning in August (assuming that a huge chunk of city residents can still afford to flee the city and go on vacation at that time).

In that situation, you can appreciate with an unobstructed view the fact that it really does have some beautiful apartment buildings dispersed throughout the city, shining in the summer sunlight, in addition to its well-known obvious outstanding monumental sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe