Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:36 AM

595 posts, read 719,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
There is some differences but still a lot of similarities no matter what.

This does not change the fact that Spaniards and Latin Americans are still closer looking to each other.
This post is about culture, not about physical appearance

Quote:
Both actually do like spicy foods also.

It is quite obvious, you have no idea about Latin America or Spanish cuisine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 08:06 AM

603 posts, read 1,631,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
This post is about culture, not about physical appearance

It is quite obvious, you have no idea about Latin America or Spanish cuisine.
Well alright but the cultures are still quite close not matter what.

Puerto Rican culture and Spaniard culture would still be a lot closer than a being with a Anglo or French type of culture, sorry.

I do have more ideas of Latin American and Spanish cuisine than I do not.

Latin American is obviously more diverse but still both are quite similar.

Spanish use a lot of spices for their Cheeses and even Sausages which are very full of pepper which is foreign for Westerners, Northern, Central or Eastern Europeans.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I do have more ideas of Latin American and Spanish cuisine than I do not.
With statements like this the only thing you prove is that you are quite ignorant about Spanish and Latin American cuisine, sorry.

Quote:
Spanish use a lot of spices for their Cheeses and even Sausages which are very full of pepper which is foreign for Westerners, Northern, Central or Eastern Europeans.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:45 AM

22 posts, read 57,220 times
Well, both Spaniards and Latin Americans speak Spanish and are mostly Catholic. I've heard that Latin American Spanish is akin to the Andalusian one (no lisps). Spaniards are probably a bit less religious than Latin Americans. Latin Americans tend to be more conservative and homophobic (the latter based on the ones I've met). Where I live, Spaniards have a reputation to be warm and welcoming while Latin Americans are seen as 'ghetto'.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:40 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,575,683 times
Quote:

Puerto Rican culture and Spaniard culture would still be a lot closer than a being with a Anglo or French type of culture, sorry.
I don't think so.
I really feel myself French, Portuguese or Italian music way closer than some Latin American ones, being reggaeton the worst of the lot.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
With statements like this the only thing you prove is that you are quite ignorant about Spanish and Latin American cuisine, sorry.
Not really because Mediterranean (especially Maltese, Israeli, Palestinian, Egyptian, Spanish, Turkish and then Greek for examples) and Latin American foods are very spicy compared to Anglo or other European foods.

Latin American cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mediterranean Cooking | Frontier Natural Products Co-op
Latina Food, Latino Cuisine, Hispanic Cuisines, Latin-American Foods
An Introduction to South American Food
Spanish cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Andalusian cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sicilian cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maltese cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Greek cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cypriot cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Turkish cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Israeli cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lebanese cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Palestinian cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Moroccan cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Egyptian cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higurashi View Post
Well, both Spaniards and Latin Americans speak Spanish and are mostly Catholic. I've heard that Latin American Spanish is akin to the Andalusian one (no lisps). Spaniards are probably a bit less religious than Latin Americans. Latin Americans tend to be more conservative and homophobic (the latter based on the ones I've met). Where I live, Spaniards have a reputation to be warm and welcoming while Latin Americans are seen as 'ghetto'.
Some good points.

Spaniards and Latin Americans have some differences from each other but still are more closely the same than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
I don't think so.
I really feel myself French, Portuguese or Italian music way closer than some Latin American ones, being reggaeton the worst of the lot.
You would be rather more closer to a Portuguese, Sicilian, Greek, Turkish, Maghrebi, Levantine or a Latino as well as a Spaniard than a French or mainland Italian, sorry but Iberians are more like Mediterranean Greeks or Turks than Italians or French.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:05 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,487,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
I don't think so.
Completely true, very popular but bad music in my opinion.

Quote:

You would be rather more closer to a Portuguese, Sicilian, Greek, Turkish, Maghrebi, Levantine or a Latino as well as a Spaniard than a French or mainland Italian, sorry but Iberians are more like Mediterranean Greeks or Turks than Italians or French.
I don't see many coincidences in Iberian culture and for example Turkish or Maghrebi one. I feel more at home in Italy, France or Portugal being Spanish than in Morocco or Turkey.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
Completely true, very popular but bad music in my opinion.

I don't see many coincidences in Iberian culture and for example Turkish or Maghrebi one. I feel more at home in Italy, France or Portugal being Spanish than in Morocco or Turkey.
Not necessarily true Iberian culture (especially Spanish culture) is much much more Mediterreanean than mainland Italian or French culture.

Greek and Turkish culture is more relative to Iberian culture than Italian or French.

And before you comment read my post above.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Not really because Mediterranean (especially Maltese, Israeli, Palestinian, Egyptian, Spanish, Turkish and then Greek for examples) and Latin American foods are very spicy compared to Anglo or other European foods.
French and Italian foods are much more spicies than Portuguese and Spanish food.
You have no idea, sorry.
Keep reading Wikipedia.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:19 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,487,999 times
Quote:
Not necessarily true Iberian culture (especially Spanish culture) is much much more Mediterreanean than mainland Italian or French culture.

Greek and Turkish culture is more relative to Iberian culture than Italian or French.

And before you comment read my post above.
Of course it is, and it is something really cool, I never said it is not Mediterranean Italy and France are too.

You must know very well and love Iberian culture as you talk too much about it on forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe