Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 10:32 AM

9 posts, read 5,356 times

Advertisements

So what's changed over this 4 year period of diversity increase?

- More poverty
- More violent crime
- Less social unity

United States of Europe. And the migrants continue walking and swimming ashore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 05:11 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleMerchant View Post
African and American aren't whole continents, they are people just like European. What part of the question didn't you understand?
Africa IS a continent, the people in Africa are also genetically mixed, people are talking about 'ethnic Germans' or 'Ethnic Britains', there is NO such thing as an Ethnic Britain, I defy anybody to tell me what exactly an 'ethnic Britain' is exactly, also you can be British and any race, being caucasion is a different thing altogether. what part don't you understand?

Old 05-20-2018, 06:27 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Erasure are you saying that ancient people didn’t migrate? I find that very surprising especially since you bring up the Bible so much, what exactly do you think the Jews were doing in the books of genesis and exodus? Sure many scholars doubt the accuracy of those books, but the concept still stands. Famine, plague and war/violence are strong pressures that can cause a huge population to take off to different lands in search of a better life, just like modern refugees do today.
I'm pretty sure they've migrated, but within a reason. (Speaking about Jews ( biblical Jews that is) and their exodus to Egypt - look at the proximity of Israel and Egypt. )
Then of course there were conquests, but then again it all depends who-ho-how.
You can see Asians (as in Orientals) encroaching onto the former Persian territories ( and the mixture of population as the result of it,) and we know from history about the Arabic conquest (which, as relatively far as wide it was spread, it still didn't go all the way to Australia (for example.)
So yes of course migration/ conquests took place. But within the reason.
Not something like ( I am quoting one of AFP's links here -

"Both teams found strong evidence that a wave of nomadic herders known as the Yamnaya from the Pontic-Caspian, a vast steppeland stretching from the northern shores of the Black Sea and as far east as the Caspian Sea, swept into Europe sometime between 5000 and 4800 years ago; along the way, they may have brought with them Proto-Indo-European, the mysterious ancestral tongue from which all of today’s 400 Indo-European languages spring. These herders interbred with local farmers and created the Corded Ware culture of central Europe, named for the twisted cord imprint on its pottery. Their genes were passed down to northern and central Europeans living today, as one of the teams posted on a preprint server earlier this year and published today.

But in a new twist, one of the studies also found that the Yamnaya headed east from their homeland in the Eurasian steppelands, moving all the way to the Altai Mountains of Siberia, where they replaced local hunter-gatherers. This means that this distinctive culture of pastoralists, who had ox-driven wagons with wheels and whose warriors rode horses, dominated much of Eurasia, from north-central Europe to central Siberia and northern Mongolia."

Now THIS sounds like a mambo-jumbo to me.

Quote:
Also a lot of times migrations were very slow and unintentional. A couple settles down and have a bunch of kids, and to not compete for resources the kids disperse and set up their own families, or sometimes their will be a fued/family drama and some people will get excommunicated etc.
You can bring historic Varangian advances to some Russian areas for example.
Sure they've settled there, and a "couple settling down" could have had a "bunch of kids," so the Scandinavian gene is still present in Russians of course, ( as the DNA map indicates,) but not in great numbers.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:27 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
For the same reason, why not everyone can be a musician or mathematician.
It's called "genes."

P.S. Do these people look like "Vikings" to you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann...stian_Bach.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig...:Beethoven.jpg

Didn't think so.
But they are German nevertheless, the important contributors to what's known as "German culture."
Either could pass as Scandinavians. It makes no sense to destroy a stereotype about German ethnic looks while supporting a stereotype about Scandinavian ethnic looks.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:47 AM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Either could pass as Scandinavians. It makes no sense to destroy a stereotype about German ethnic looks while supporting a stereotype about Scandinavian ethnic looks.
Oh but Scandinavian stereotype is much closer to truth, if you compare German DNA with Swedish/Norwegian DNA.

Scandinavians have much less variations comparably to Germans as you can see.
It looks like by diversity of DNA ( and looks) in Europe, Germans are rivaled only by Russians.

https://brilliantmaps.com/the-genetic-map-of-europe/

Old 11-12-2019, 08:20 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,937,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I'm pretty sure they've migrated, but within a reason. (Speaking about Jews ( biblical Jews that is) and their exodus to Egypt - look at the proximity of Israel and Egypt. )
Then of course there were conquests, but then again it all depends who-ho-how.
You can see Asians (as in Orientals) encroaching onto the former Persian territories ( and the mixture of population as the result of it,) and we know from history about the Arabic conquest (which, as relatively far as wide it was spread, it still didn't go all the way to Australia (for example.)
So yes of course migration/ conquests took place. But within the reason.
Not something like ( I am quoting one of AFP's links here -

"Both teams found strong evidence that a wave of nomadic herders known as the Yamnaya from the Pontic-Caspian, a vast steppeland stretching from the northern shores of the Black Sea and as far east as the Caspian Sea, swept into Europe sometime between 5000 and 4800 years ago; along the way, they may have brought with them Proto-Indo-European, the mysterious ancestral tongue from which all of today’s 400 Indo-European languages spring. These herders interbred with local farmers and created the Corded Ware culture of central Europe, named for the twisted cord imprint on its pottery. Their genes were passed down to northern and central Europeans living today, as one of the teams posted on a preprint server earlier this year and published today.

But in a new twist, one of the studies also found that the Yamnaya headed east from their homeland in the Eurasian steppelands, moving all the way to the Altai Mountains of Siberia, where they replaced local hunter-gatherers. This means that this distinctive culture of pastoralists, who had ox-driven wagons with wheels and whose warriors rode horses, dominated much of Eurasia, from north-central Europe to central Siberia and northern Mongolia."

Now THIS sounds like a mambo-jumbo to me.

You can bring historic Varangian advances to some Russian areas for example.
Sure they've settled there, and a "couple settling down" could have had a "bunch of kids," so the Scandinavian gene is still present in Russians of course, ( as the DNA map indicates,) but not in great numbers.
This was a while ago, so I don't remember all the details and my thoughts at the time of writing the post. That being said I don't see what is so "mambo-jumbo" about the quote. Maybe it's not factually correct, but it makes logical sense. The indo-europeans domesticated the horse and invented the charoite. Back then it gave them a huge military/technological advantage giving them the ability to dominate everyone they came into contact, similar to how a few Spaniards were able to dominate over the new world just because they had guns (and germs), so I don't see why this wouldn't apply back then. Perhaps it would be best if you specified exactly what you disagree on in the quote before I start making assumptions.

This the approximate spread of the spoked wheel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariot

Old 11-13-2019, 01:18 AM

290 posts, read 179,782 times
Reading Erasure makes me feel like I'm killing my brain cells.

There is no such thing as a musical gene, LOL

Being good at music is something that you cultivate, as you build neurons that help you develop your musical Talent and skills the better you become at music.

Another thing, You Nobel Prize winner Intellectual you!!! there are no German genes, No British genes, no Mexican genes.

The human genome was created by evolution, Countries like Germany or the UK were created by humans. See the difference? one is natural ocurring, and the other one is human made

Old 11-13-2019, 01:33 AM

290 posts, read 179,782 times
And to provide an answer to this stupid thread In which yet another American talks about race, Europe has always been racially diverse.

Considering that race is a social construct and that the concept of who is what race changes Overtime based on social status and Cultural evolution.. One can be sure of one thing, Europe has always been multiracial.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:51 AM

83 posts, read 43,326 times
Such concept did not exist in antiquity. There were barbarians and non barbarians. Races were mythical as many believed in the existence of giants, blue men, civlops, elfs.

Old 11-14-2019, 03:07 PM

125 posts, read 93,699 times
Americans are tribal, not civilized in the Roman sense. Civilization involved merging tribes to transform them into citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe