Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2017, 10:37 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
No I actually think it was wise of Russia to not invade Ukraine, it would just feed more into Russophobia and all of Europe would join NATO, even Belarus, and Russia would’ve been shunned by the whole world including China and India.
You make great points but I'm of the mentality there is little for Russia to lose. I seriously doubt China and india would back out of their relationships with Russia. As for the west all they understand is violence. Not that it would be if it only involved Eastern Ukraine. NATO may well find itself facing the Ukrainian army proper.

The goal of the west is the dissolution of Russia. Don't try to tell me different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 10:44 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You make great points but I'm of the mentality there is little for Russia to lose. I seriously doubt China and india would back out of their relationships with Russia. As for the west all they understand is violence. Not that it would be if it only involved Eastern Ukraine. NATO may well find itself facing the Ukrainian army proper.

The goal of the west is the dissolution of Russia. Don't try to tell me different.
and what if the west tried to provoke Russia into a war by starting a revolution in Ukraine? you can make many arguments, but nobody knows whats exactly going through their heads.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:01 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
and what if the west tried to provoke Russia into a war by starting a revolution in Ukraine? you can make many arguments, but nobody knows whats exactly going through their heads.
He tried, how he tried. Oh what a howl on social networks was "Putin enter troops."Then turned off ))So very tried.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:23 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
NATO will never go to war with Russia.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:28 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
America didn't start the Maidan, but America did assist the protesters to some extent. In any event, trying to start a war was certainly not our intention. Russia initiated that particular development.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I can do simple math. I know history and the reasonings of the people who use conflict, terror and coercion as a vehicle of expansion for their own gain. I know their tools and how they're implemented.

America used terror, starvation, disease and found people with the mindset to use them in order to wipe out the last opposition of the Native Americans. Over a period of time certain policies resulted in the destruction of primitive but viable civiliization.
The Spanish used much the same tools to fill their coffers with gold and silver. Over time more than 90% of Mezoamericans died either of disease or the horrible conditions imposed by thier rulers. Nothing mattered more than wealth. Absolutely nothing. It took Spanish Conquistadors, ruthless and souless mercenaries to do it and they were found. The Mezoamerican population only reached pre 14th century levels around 1950.
The Nazis were opportunists. They saw/percieved weakness and they sought to better their lot in life. They had willing idiots to die for them. THis has happened throughout history tima and again. We all saw on TV what happened in Kiev. We all know woh the US state deptartment put in power there.

If I were Russia i'd be building weapons and a lot of them. To do anything else would invite disaster.

I know what goes through a lot of the minds in the west. If these people were ever to gain enough power there will be hell to pay and its entirely possible.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
America didn't start the Maidan, but America did assist the protesters to some extent. In any event, trying to start a war was certainly not our intention. Russia initiated that particular development.
Roadapple pie anyone?

Old 11-12-2017, 12:36 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I can do simple math. I know history and the reasonings of the people who use conflict, terror and coercion as a vehicle of expansion for their own gain. I know their tools and how they're implemented.

America used terror, starvation, disease and found people with the mindset to use them in order to wipe out the last opposition of the Native Americans. Over a period of time certain policies resulted in the destruction of primitive but viable civiliization.
The Spanish used much the same tools to fill their coffers with gold and silver. Over time more than 90% of Mezoamericans died either of disease or the horrible conditions imposed by thier rulers. Nothing mattered more than wealth. Absolutely nothing. It took Spanish Conquistadors, ruthless and souless mercenaries to do it and they were found. The Mezoamerican population only reached pre 14th century levels around 1950.
The Nazis were opportunists. They saw/percieved weakness and they sought to better their lot in life. They had willing idiots to die for them. THis has happened throughout history tima and again. We all saw on TV what happened in Kiev. We all know woh the US state deptartment put in power there.

If I were Russia i'd be building weapons and a lot of them. To do anything else would invite disaster.

I know what goes through a lot of the minds in the west. If these people were ever to gain enough power there will be hell to pay and its entirely possible.
I don't think you understand my argument. Erasure was saying that Russia should've invaded Ukraine and stopped the revolution from happening and enact Martial law in Ukraine in order to prevent NATO from destroying Russia. My counter argument is if NATO really wants to destroy Russia then perhaps that's exactly what they were hoping Russia's response was, then they could prove to the UN council that Russia indeed is a rouge and aggressive country and needs to be dealt with, and cut all diplomatic and economic ties to Russia on a global scale and perhaps even go to war with. But instead Russia only took Crimea and the majority of the world took a neutral approach and figured it's not their problem. So in fact it was a good thing that Russia didn't send troops to Kiev. I don't think that's the case but it's just as plausible of a theory as many others that are being thrown around.

UN General Assembly vote on the resolution condemning the 2014 Crimean referendum.
Green: In favour of considering the referendum illegal
Red: Against adopting the resolution
Yellow: Abstained
Blue: Absent when the vote took place

How different would that result look like if Russia had troops in Kiev?

Germany could've gotten away with it's land grabs in the 1930s, but then it took to big of a bite and decided that it needed all of Poland, and then WWII started. Same would've happened with Russia if it took all of Ukraine. Russian Leadership learned the mistakes of Nazi Germany, if you want to expand your territory you take a little bit at a time, not full scale invasions.

Last edited by grega94; 11-12-2017 at 12:47 PM..

Old 11-12-2017, 02:12 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Yup. Really a nice lot of countries which voted in Russia's favour: Belarus, North Korea, Syria, Zimbabwe, Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia, Sudan... I would love to have those countries at my home party.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yup. Really a nice lot of countries which voted in Russia's favour: Belarus, North Korea, Syria, Zimbabwe, Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia, Sudan... I would love to have those countries at my home party.
I do not think it matters, who votes for what, most of the world often votes opposite of the US for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe