Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 07:45 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The problem though, is that there are far too many trigger happy cops around. Last year an Aussie women was killed in Minneapolis when she called in cops to come in and investigate a near by incident. The cop mistakenly shot her without warning. There was a huge uproar about it in AU, that even Turnbull demanded an accounting.

I'm well aware of the fact that blacks account for a large number of crimes in the country and of "black on black" issues being prevalent. Have you ever asked yourself why blacks are the most marginalized group in America? A lot of the problems they face are residues of the civil Rights movement of the 60's. Of course, there are also a number of them who play the victim card all the time so in many ways it's a two sided problem.
The problem is that the neighborhoods are poorly policed and home to a lot of poor people. The people are afraid to call the cops for lesser crimes because the accused and their families live in their midst. There may also be kids or siblings that are doing criminal activity, and calling the police will initiate searches for all signs of illegal activity.

The residents have to deal with the criminals after the police are gone. They have nowhere else to live if things are made difficult for them or their kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 04:08 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
In the US everything is good...

However piping the gas a little....

And even fewer liquefaction plants.
So to extract the gas, they still can, but to adjust to the liquefaction plant and load in a tanker to Boston already does not work,because there is a queue, there is a power end.
However the question remains - how are they going to overwhelm Europe with its LNG ?
Very compelling story comrade. I suppose you didn't get the memo that the US is the largest oil and gas combined producer in the world. Its +26 here this weekend btw.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:52 AM

11 posts, read 5,592 times
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...15930730569321

Old 01-13-2018, 12:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Tsar Ivan and the Grey Wolf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGuhHINJ2E

Old 01-13-2018, 01:54 PM

651 posts, read 416,077 times
Default Ivan Tsarevich and The Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Tsar Ivan and the Grey Wolf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGuhHINJ2E
Look at the up-right corner of the picture and you'll see a curved tip of the boot. This is an important evidence of the Euro-Asian character of the Russian civilization. Asian nomadic folks of the middle Ages had a special belief. They thought if someone touched the ground with the tip of his boot then he insulted it. Accordingly they didn't use plow to cultivate ground and only bred herds of sheep and horses. Probably here we see the influence of this believe (as a fashion).

An element of the national costume of buryats

Old 01-13-2018, 07:47 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
ok, well obviously I'm not going to change your mind, but I still think that the general population wants this data collected in the Census, other wise the LGBTQ community wouldn't be advocating for the 2020 census to count gay people.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0cb23e65c6cd9

"The Census Bureau said the report including the proposed addition was released “inadvertently†and had been corrected before it was sent on to Congress, according to a statement obtained by the Blade."

"Meghan Maury, criminal and economic justice project director at the National LGBTQ Task Force, said the move was “yet another step to deny LGBTQ people freedom, justice and equity.â€
LGBTQ community obviously has an agenda that they want to push, so they want to be counted in order to be more visible.

Quote:
so if they take of the option to identify as black you would get statements such as "yet another step to deny black people freedom, justice and equity."
I have no idea how Black people feel after all these years checking that "race" box, but my guess would be they are not thrilled with it. If they need to identify themselves as "Black," I bet they have better ways, than
indicating it on the piece of paper, collected by people up above, who are mostly White.

Quote:
However I'm not denying that there are racist people in power, I just don't think that the census is the best example of it, sure it's not perfect, especially when it counts north Africans and middle easterners as white.
I suspect that it's not just some "people in power" - I think the whole system in the US, the way it's set is rather tricky when it comes to races.
And as far as "north Africans and Middle easterners" go, the "New World" approaches the whole idea of the "racial tree" in a different manner than the Old world does. Which yet again I find quiet peculiar.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
He was definitely poor and unprivileged....there are endless examples of ordinary black individuals that managed to get a good life despite their humble origins

I do not understand what you are saying here....in today America a black person has a lot of opportunities to get ahead ....if he wants to.....is that simple.
It's one thing when you are poor and EDUCATED in America ( then at least you have a chance to climb out of a rut,) and it's another story when you are poor and there is no one to prepare you for that climb since your childhood.

Quote:
Thank you for the link and I took the opportunity to document myself about the case....the cop acted with unbelievable deadly incompetence and he got away with it too easily....still I dispute the racist motivation.
No, I didn't see any "classical" case of racism there, however the STEREOTYPING - that's what killed that man in this particular case.
I live in a small place now ( all white) and I know quiet a few cops here. Just your regular "white bread" guys. I can't picture ANY of them doing what that idiot did. They come across as impartial, well-trained professionals, that are definitely capable of reading situation while staying calm and in control. A man who is reporting to you that he has a gun on him, a woman and small child with him...what a cowardly retard you must be to open fire?

Quote:
It seems that Castile was stopped because of suspicion he may have been involved in a robbery that just happened (there is a mention about "nose similarities" with one of the suspects).
Castile did the right thing informing the officer that he had a gun but, IMHO, he should have handled the encounter much better. I'm a CCW holder myself and if I get stopped by the police, I would try to pull out my driving license and insurance card before the cop approaches my car, he would find me with my hands clearly on the steering wheel and I would say "Mr officer I'm a CCW and I'm carrying a handgun on my left hip, left pocket or whatever, how do you want me to proceed??" Always make sure the officer can see your hands and not making a move if I'm not instructed to do so.
You need to read a post of one of the Black guys left on Political forum. He basically said that once he is pulled over by a cop or what's not - he calls right away his mother/friend - I don't remember now. Just because ANYTHING might happen - they don't trust cops, as the practice shows them. And partially because of that, they don't handle tense situations as good as you do, being White.
Plus I don't know how much of experience you had living in different parts of the country, because where you live now is not the worst place in terms of Blacks/Police matters. But you go to other places - and believe me, it ain't that good; I'd say East Coast in particular, from what I saw.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
sure white America is doing much better then black America, but there are white people that live in poor conditions, that are stigmatized as well, such as rednecks, hillbillies, crackers, hobos, etc.. these are all people that are looked down upon that nobody really cares about.
Overall the Whites getting in this stage of desperation with no way out, is relatively new problem ( after so many years of social lifts being in place for them,) and this new problem gets on top of the older problem with Black community, which was never resolved.
So yes, things are getting even more complicated, even worse from what I can see.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
? I can not find.
It's there. The "race" topic is part of consensus in the US.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_deal_maker View Post
Look at the up-right corner of the picture and you'll see a curved tip of the boot. This is an important evidence of the Euro-Asian character of the Russian civilization. Asian nomadic folks of the middle Ages had a special belief. They thought if someone touched the ground with the tip of his boot then he insulted it. Accordingly they didn't use plow to cultivate ground and only bred herds of sheep and horses. Probably here we see the influence of this believe (as a fashion).

An element of the national costume of buryats
There is a special case of insanity and obsession with Russia, the Ukrainian kind)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe