Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 09:54 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
This is something that's going to be a rule in the future. Moral obligations are certainly debatable. Considering the conduct of the US and it's allies these last few decades and the implementation of "destruction capitalism" where ever the opportunity or need arises the world needs to make a stand.

It appears Russia is doing this and is morally right in doing so.

https://www.rt.com/news/424700-s300-...-russia-syria/

Syria was a stable secular society, one of the few in the ME. Libya was the most successful nations in Africa. There was no good reason to destroy Libya or attempt to destroy Syria.
I don't need to defend Hussein and Assad to condemn the US invasions of Iraq and Syria. The US has shown that it's capable of killing as many people as Cambodia's Pol Pot in just those two invasions. 65 million people were displaced in 2016 as a result of the wars worldwide which occurred in the aftermath of 911. They've killed and tortured civilians as well as militants that were opposing the invasions and occupations. They've used chemical weapons as well as supplying them to their mercenaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 04:11 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
I don't need to defend Hussein and Assad to condemn the US invasions of Iraq and Syria. The US has shown that it's capable of killing as many people as Cambodia's Pol Pot in just those two invasions. 65 million people were displaced in 2016 as a result of the wars worldwide which occurred in the aftermath of 911. They've killed and tortured civilians as well as militants that were opposing the invasions and occupations. They've used chemical weapons as well as supplying them to their mercenaries.
You keep quoting the figure of 65 million, but it doesn't even make sense, given that Iraq and Syria's combined population doesn't even come close to that number. Did you not mean 6.5 by any chance?

Old 04-20-2018, 06:06 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
You keep quoting the figure of 65 million, but it doesn't even make sense, given that Iraq and Syria's combined population doesn't even come close to that number. Did you not mean 6.5 by any chance?
Has to be typo. I think the Lancets study that set the death toll at 650,000 between 2003 and 2013 is not far off the mark for the price people in Iraq paid to be liberated from Saddam. How many have died since fighting ISIS god only knows. Add another 100k?

It's a terrible price to pay.

We're no better off today than we were on 9/12. Matter of fact we may well be worse.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:10 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times
Quote:
Has to be typo. I think the Lancets study that set the death toll at 650,000 between 2003 and 2013 is not far off the mark for the price people in Iraq paid to be liberated from Saddam. How many have died since fighting ISIS god only knows. Add another 100k?

We're no better off today than we were on 9/12. Matter of fact we may well be worse.
I don't doubt that that there were a lot of casualties, but 65 (as quoted by Ichoro at least twice) or even 6.5 for that matter are way too high.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:

It's UNHCR. They issued news releases on the huge flow of refugees, asylum-seekers, and internally displaced peoples and many came from Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia, and the wars that broke out from the Arab Spring in N. Africa.

http://www.unhcr.org/afr/news/latest...cord-high.html

Old 04-21-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
It's UNHCR. They issued news releases on the huge flow of refugees, asylum-seekers, and internally displaced peoples and many came from Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia, and the wars that broke out from the Arab Spring in N. Africa.

http://www.unhcr.org/afr/news/latest...cord-high.html
I misinterpreted your statement. World wide over the years the 65 million number is not far fetched. There are entire generations of men and women out there who have grown from babes to adults with war just over the next hill. Most of this is due to the conflicts imposed on them by the powers of the west and their minions.

People wonder why the Arabs are so pissed off.

I think that were it not for Russia these conditions would prevail throughout southwest and central Asia.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I misinterpreted your statement. World wide over the years the 65 million number is not far fetched. There are entire generations of men and women out there who have grown from babes to adults with war just over the next hill. Most of this is due to the conflicts imposed on them by the powers of the west and their minions.

People wonder why the Arabs are so pissed off.

I think that were it not for Russia these conditions would prevail throughout southwest and central Asia.
That Facebook and Twitter is a wonderful tool for governments and NGOs to manipulate the pissing off of people so they go out and protest along with the paid organizations. They're clamping down on it in the states.

In the early stages of the wars, Skype was being used by terrorists in Syria to communicate with their handlers. That no longer works when you have a opponent entering the war with sophisticated communications tools.

In the early 90's, they blamed the chaos in Somalia, Sudan, etc. on the withdrawal of the Soviet Union from many of the proxy conflicts. Even in a un-polar world, they haven't been able to tame these countries.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:

In the early 90's, they blamed the chaos in Somalia, Sudan, etc. on the withdrawal of the Soviet Union from many of the proxy conflicts. Even in a un-polar world, they haven't been able to tame these countries.
I think a big part of the problem is the weapons trade. Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and others such as Khazakhstan are emptying old Soviet warehouses of goods and manufacturing munitions and weapons even today. The amount of weapons afloat today throughout the world is staggering. The people who deal with terrorist organizations are all over too including major powers.

I don't know how to stop it either. Maybe some aliens will come here and start eating us. Then we might get the message.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I think a big part of the problem is the weapons trade. Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and others such as Khazakhstan are emptying old Soviet warehouses of goods and manufacturing munitions and weapons even today. The amount of weapons afloat today throughout the world is staggering. The people who deal with terrorist organizations are all over too including major powers.

I don't know how to stop it either. Maybe some aliens will come here and start eating us. Then we might get the message.
Proxy wars in Africa didn't end when the Soviet Union withdrew.

WikiLeaks Reveals U.S. Twisted Ethiopia's Arm to Invade Somalia - FPIF

How al Shabaab was born

Old 04-22-2018, 06:40 PM

The psychosis deepens. There's no reason for this except for antagonism and spite.

Maybe Russia should just toss out the embassy too. It does no good to be there.

TASS: Russian Politics & Diplomacy - Russian Foreign Ministry regrets US refusal to issue visas to Bolshoi Theatre performers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe