Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2018, 02:01 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
There was a brand of ice cream that came in a small block and it was wrapped in foil. The package was colored blue and silver and possibly white. What brand is it? It's some of the best icecream I have ever had. I can't find it on the internet.
Was it cylindrical? Cylinder and foil are a special type of ice cream "Lakomka". Most likely you ate ice cream of this class. Many manufacturers produce this.

irecommend.ru/content/ochen-vkusnoe-no-khimicheskoe-mnogo-foto-perechislyayu-sostav-kaloriinost-i-zhirnost-obshchi
otzovik.com/review_4974753.html
+"plombir":
otzovik.com/review_2158008.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 02:05 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Nope, just a brick of icecream with a foil wrapping.
Square? Rectangle?
Because back in the day the ONLY ice-cream that was sold plain like that, in foil wrapping was the "Plombir."
Loved by many Russians, but not by me.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Nope, just a brick of icecream with a foil wrapping.
Hm...

pikabu.ru/story/sovetskoe_morozhenoe_kakim_ono_byilo_i_skolko_stoi lo_5594749
www.chelny-holod.ru/catalog/tovar/22-plombir-na-slivkah-kashirovannaya-folga/

Old 09-23-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Was it cylindrical? Cylinder and foil are a special type of ice cream "Lakomka". Most likely you ate ice cream of this class. Many manufacturers produce this.

irecommend.ru/content/ochen-vkusnoe-no-khimicheskoe-mnogo-foto-perechislyayu-sostav-kaloriinost-i-zhirnost-obshchi
otzovik.com/review_4974753.html
+"plombir":
otzovik.com/review_2158008.html
The damn "Lakomka" IS plombir (version))))

I think Scrat is talking about "Plombir" - it has a very distinct taste.
The packaging has changed most likely.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:18 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,210 times
Well , now I want ice cream ! And and the refrigerator it is not, and to go for it in the store,only tomorrow. Ohhhh !!!

Old 09-23-2018, 02:19 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The damn "Lakomka" IS plombir (version))))

I think Scrat is talking about "Plombir" - it has a very distinct taste.
The packaging has changed most likely.
I don't think the package has changed. This is one of the classic packaging, unless the design of the picture has changed, it can be.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:42 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
I remember Plombir, it was good stuff and the one I'm thinking of is most likely a Belarussian product. I'm sure it's the same company that makes the sweetened condensed milk that explodes all over the kitchen when you walk away from it on the stove.

Rogachev Sugushenka /

Old 09-23-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Ukraine's church is being granted autocephaly, which is independence from the Moscow Church. This means they don't answer to the Moscow patriarch but rather to no humans above their own church. This is similar to what happened to the church in the 20's when the USSR took over. Should be no big deal , as nearly all other ex Soviet countries have the same arrangement. But we all know how Russia feels about an independent Ukraine and now even in the religious sphere Russia is threatening a schism.

Numbers are important too, because now without Ukraine, the Moscow church rules over less than half the world's orthodox. I guess Moscow can not recognize it, but this doesn't matter to anyone else. Ukraine's churches will simply "defect" to the newly recognized church. Not all of them will or need to, but a majority already have.

At the root of the problem Russia cannot agree that Ukrainians even want to be independent of them. It flies against their main propaganda that Ukrainians have been hijacked by western forces. No doubt they are claiming that some secret group is bribing people behind this because, again, Russia refuses to recognize that Russian speaking Ukrainians want to be independent.
Why no, they do answer now directly to the American Office of International Religious Freedom.
Because it was Samuel Brownback - the Ambassador-At-Large, who paid a visit to Patriarch Bartholomew back in April.

"According to the Internet-newspaper, firstly, the US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch has met with the head of the UGCC Sviatoslav Shevchuk, who earlier opposed the creation of a Single Local Church, but now has changed his position.

Secondly, on Saturday, April 14, the ambassador of the US State Department for International Religious Freedom Sam Brownback arrived in Turkey. The official reason for his visit is an attempt to release the American pastor-evangelist Andrew Brunson from prison, whom Ankara accuses of the collaboration with preacher Fethullah Gulen and participation in the attempt of coup d'état. However, during this meeting, Brownback visited the residence of the Patriarch of Constantinople.

Thirdly, the former US ambassador to Ukraine, Geoffrey Payette, visited Athos, and after the meeting announced that he had discussed "important questions of Orthodoxy around the world" with the priests of Athos monasteries."

And there you have it.

So you are wrong as usual)))

Old 09-23-2018, 05:17 PM

^
So now I see, Americans are not only getting involved into assassination of Russians ( Zakharchenko comes to mind,) but they are dictating ( uh, sorry - *consulting*) the religious affairs too.

I think the guy upstairs is watching and rubbing his eyes in disbelief.

It's not going to end up well.
I happen to agree with Pat Buchanan here, and what he writes on a subject;

"Are the American people aware of the costs and risks inherent in such a policy? What are the prospects of Russia yielding always to U.S. demands? And are we not today stretched awfully thin?

Our share of the global economy is much shrunken from Reagan's time. Our deficit is approaching $1 trillion. Our debt is surging toward 100 percent of GDP. Entitlements are consuming our national wealth.

We are committed to containing the two other greatest powers, Russia and China. We are tied down militarily in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Yemen, with the War Party beating the drums for another and larger war — with Iran. And we are sanctioning adversaries and allies for not following our leadership of the West and the world.

In looking at America's global commitments, greatly expanded since our Cold War victory, one word come to mind: unsustainable."

Old 09-24-2018, 03:41 AM

The results of the crash of IL-20:
1. S-300 will arrive in the Syrian army.
2. S-300 will be integrated into the Russian control system.
3. EW systems will be used over the territory of Syria.

This will be used in case of a threat to Russian military.

I do not understand, the sky is closed for flights or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe