Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2018, 01:14 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Similar things were said when Turkey shot one down. I guess you could be calling Maksim an anti-Russian troll but more likely he's another person fooled by domestic propaganda that Russia's military could somehow achieve parity with a technically advanced American ally. Its simply a fantasy that Soviet era aircraft would not be reduced to shreds in such a scenario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 01:17 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Similar things were said when Turkey shot one down. I guess you could be calling Maksim an anti-Russian troll but more likely he's another person fooled by domestic propaganda that Russia's military could somehow achieve parity with a technically advanced American ally. Its simply a fantasy that Soviet era aircraft would not be reduced to shreds in such a scenario.
Tell this to the sailors from the Destroyer Donald cook ))))

Old 09-19-2018, 02:39 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
he's another person fooled by domestic propaganda that Russia's military could somehow achieve parity with a technically advanced American ally. Its simply a fantasy that Soviet era aircraft would not be reduced to shreds in such a scenario.

Are you joking? F-16 is an old sh*t in comparison with Su-35. Russian air defense is the best in the world. Russia can close sky to flight over Syria at any time. But it can be beginning of a big war.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:13 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Yes, I agree with the Russian military.

IL-20 is a big slow target.

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...e39a397b81.jpg

Red line is a Russian plane. Typical flight. Blue line is Israeli jets.

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...79d835bc47.jpg

Did Israelis see the Russian plane on their radar? Yes, of course. Did they tell Russians about the attack? Yes, they did it, but in less than one minute. The Russian plane could not change course during this time. Israeli jets used the large Russian plane as a shield against anti-aircraft defense. The Israelis are unconditionally guilty in my understanding of the situation.

I think that Russians should shoot down Israeli jets next time if they approach to Russian planes.
There is another hypothesis that the French frigate downed the Russian surveillance plane. A military retaliation would trigger the NATO mutual defense article.

Old 09-19-2018, 04:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
I don't think anything is clear yet. The Israelis using the IL-20 as cover is a likely theory, just as likely as the Russian IL-20 crew not getting the word in time. I can see the israelis following procedures set forth and the message didn't get to the unfortunate aircraft soon enough after having to go through several levels of red tape. We all know how hard it can be to get the timing of events just right.

What I question is whether the Syrain missile had the IFF system on it and whether the all other parties had IFF systems on. IFF is meant to prevent such things as this but it has an on switch and there is also a code involved which the target has to be transmitting.

This is the SA-200.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-200_(missile)

I think Russia needs to close Syrian airspace. Period. The US an NATO need to get to **** out. Israel needs to disappear.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:37 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
There is another hypothesis that the French frigate downed the Russian surveillance plane. A military retaliation would trigger the NATO mutual defense article.
Either way, Putin is powerless to defend Russia's military. So he will accept it as an accident and move on. He would love to be able to close the airspace in Syria but he cannot even get Turkey and the USA to leave, much less close the airspace. I remember his threat to the American base at Al-Tanf last week... nothing happened.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:16 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
No, Israel responsible. They hid behind a Russian plane to strike. I am sure that Russian military will come up with an answer.
Israel violated a mutual agreement on deconfliction of airspace.

A response to a lot of hardline responses to the incident.

https://smoothiex12.blogspot.com/201...-on-il-20.html

Old 09-19-2018, 10:52 PM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
That I can agree with you on. I've seen the Holy Rollers they drive in both Kiev and Moscow. Kiev was not lacking in funds nor was Moscow. Perhaps the Ukrainian citizens will benefit.

Do they want Caddilacs in Kiev?

I was always amused by the Russian desire

to manipulate the facts. Yes, Ukrainians may

not be happy with their power, like
Germans or Americans, or all others, but this does not mean that Ukraine is asking for help from Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
This video is about the Chinese J-20 stealth aircraft.

I think the Russians and Chinese are working closely together on many things concerning their defense.

Nope

Together, but not with russians
J-20 uses modern Ukrainian 'Motor-Sich' jet engines

Quote:
Yes, I agree with the Russian military.
Nobody doubts your loyalty to the Kremlin
Quote:
https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...79d835bc47.jpg

Did Israelis see the Russian plane on their radar? Yes, of course. Did they tell Russians about the attack? Yes, they did it, but in less than one minute. The Russian plane could not change course during this time. Israeli jets used the large Russian plane as a shield against anti-aircraft defense. The Israelis are unconditionally guilty in my understanding of the situation.
One amendment is... Time When Syrians
shot down the IL-20, Israeli jets were
already landed on their base.

Quote:
I think that Russians should shoot down Israeli jets next time if they approach to Russian planes.
But you can't As one Russian general
said half-year ago 'the curvature of the
Earth prevents Russian anti-air systems'.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:57 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Israel violated a mutual agreement on deconfliction of airspace.

A response to a lot of hardline responses to the incident.

https://smoothiex12.blogspot.com/201...-on-il-20.html
OK, so I followed Yakov Kedmi on Youtube ( or rather his appearance on the regular Russian show,) and what it looks to me, Israel is in the "damage control" mode.
Kedmi is well-liked in Russia from what I know, so in this situation he serves as a goodwill ambassador I imagine, and for the first time I actually see him being nervous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iO0epo7EkQ

Now from what I see on RT, "Russia will investigate the incident, Putin said, adding that Moscow will boost security of Russian troops in Syria following the incident. He said that these will be “the steps that everyone will notice.”

https://www.rt.com/news/438728-putin...l-syria-plane/

Hmmm..
Putin might use this situation to his advantage actually...

Old 09-19-2018, 11:15 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
I was always amused by the Russian desire

to manipulate the facts. Yes, Ukrainians may

not be happy with their power, like
Germans or Americans, or all others, but this does not mean that Ukraine is asking for help from Russia

Nope

Together, but not with russians
J-20 uses modern Ukrainian 'Motor-Sich' jet engines

Nobody doubts your loyalty to the Kremlin

One amendment is... Time When Syrians
shot down the IL-20, Israeli jets were
already landed on their base.

But you can't As one Russian general
said half-year ago 'the curvature of the
Earth prevents Russian anti-air systems'.
And I am always amused by Ukrainian desire to pretend that they have any weight in anything, anywhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe