Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2021, 06:14 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Putin does not want to restore water to Crimea. Then he would lose his excuse for its lack of development. It becomes harder to cover for thieves stealing from the budget when you lose the external enemy to blame for problems.

But if he does, his best solution is to make peace in the Donbas and guarantee rights of ships passing through the Kerch Straight. That would get enough Ukrainians interested in settling the Crimean water issue.

Or let the farms go back to the semi arid natural steppe they were before Nikita had the canal built. They can raise livestock...
Russia doesn't have to lift a finger for the Kiev junta. Except to give it to them. It appears Crimeas water problem can be easily solved with a few structures at key places and the free market. Crimea does look arid and so does Arizona. You would be amazed at how much water there is in the mountains and underground in both places. I stopped in southern Nevada at an old wash. Just to see for myself I crawled into it and dug a hole with a piece of wood. about 10 inchs down there was moist, sandy soil. I didn't dig further because it was mid afternoon and about 107f.

Ukraine has real problems that due to its lack of independent domestic policy (its subservience to America) it cannot solve. You can never rise with Americas boot on your neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 07:49 PM

427 posts, read 245,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post

If you see such a sign on the door, but still decide to start shooting, you will be asked to remove the camera or phone.In magahiny, you can shoot videos, I don't think anyone will mind, now it is very popular to call your wife on Viber in video mode, so that she can see for herself what kind of potatoes to take )) And if you want trouble, at least in the form of not the most pleasant conversation, you can start taking photos and videos at customs or, for example, come to the police station.At the same time, it is desirable to behave brazenly and defiantly. It is really quite unpleasant if you are shooting a military unit, everything is serious there, I do not even rule out that you will be instructed a little bit on the tender places, when detained, the guys there are young, healthy, perky )))
I don't plan on taking videos anywhere where there is a sign No where near a military unit either haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Yeah. Don't record your videos on the runway at Engles airbase by Saratov. You might end up on Kanal 1s videos.

I got some pics through a fence of the arsenal in Smolenck. I got pics from the Belgorod museum too.

Toys, toys wonderful toys!!!
I was just going to go to the closed city of Seversk 40km from me and videotape absolutely everything I once got some pictures through the fence of the regional FSB building before I even knew that it was the FSB building. You can imagine the parinoia I had as I was drunk at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
What are you trying to film? People or the vehicle?
No person in particular. Just want to show Americans what Public transport is like.

Old 03-19-2021, 07:59 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAboutRussia View Post
I don't plan on taking videos anywhere where there is a sign No where near a military unit either haha.

I was just going to go to the closed city of Seversk 40km from me and videotape absolutely everything I once got some pictures through the fence of the regional FSB building before I even knew that it was the FSB building. You can imagine the parinoia I had as I was drunk at the moment.

No person in particular. Just want to show Americans what Public transport is like.

I think you need to contribute to the thread "how livable is Russia other than Moscow/St.Pet/Sochi."

You are still alive and kicking I see, somewhere out there, in the *wilderness,* so...
It's time to make everyone aware of what's going on where you ( and Zimogor) are.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
This is too boring, sorry.

You absolutely don't need this "Grammarly" crap Maxim, trust me.

This program is yet another feeble attempt to fix the failure of American public schools to teach proper English grammar from the early age on.

They don't even have the equivalent of "Букварь" here, not to mention the rest of the normal textbooks on English language and literature.
And since the results are mostly abysmal by the graduation day, then they come up with all kinds of "mending" programs later, ( for money of course,) and "Grammarly" is one of those things, that aims to artificially improve your command of English language, instead of developing it the natural way in your childhood - through lots of reading and proper grammar lessons, as it was meant to be.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I think you need to contribute to the thread "how livable is Russia other than Moscow/St.Pet/Sochi."

You are still alive and kicking I see, somewhere out there, in the *wilderness,* so...
It's time to make everyone aware of what's going on where you ( and Zimogor) are.
I didn't know such a thread even exists! One thing I wish I did is I wish I picked a city that was warmer, like Astrakhan or Rostov. The first winter was okay, and now I'm already so damn tired of winter that I just want the damn sun back. But it's too difficult to just pack up and move, especially when you're a student.

Old 03-19-2021, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I didn't know such a thread even exists!

For your viewing pleasure.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/euro...utside-st.html

Quote:
One thing I wish I did is I wish I picked a city that was warmer, like Astrakhan or Rostov. The first winter was okay, and now I'm already so damn tired of winter that I just want the damn sun back. But it's too difficult to just pack up and move, especially when you're a student.
I feel for ya...
But truth to be told, I live in one of the northern states myself)))
How warm are the summers where you are?

And how long does the "non-winter" season last?

Old 03-19-2021, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I'll have to have a look at that thread!
Quote:
I feel for ya...
But truth to be told, I live in one of the northern states myself)))
How warm are the summers where you are?

And how long does the "non-winter" season last?
Depends on what you mean by "non-winter"...If you mean above freezing Probably mid-march to October, so not near long enough!

Old 03-19-2021, 09:54 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
I'll have to have a look at that thread!

Depends on what you mean by "non-winter"...If you mean above freezing Probably mid-march to October, so not near long enough!
Anecdote:
An African was once asked: How are you living in Russia?
Yes, not bad- he said.
But only the winters are cold. Green is still tolerable, but white is generally terrible.

Old 03-20-2021, 01:15 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
I didn't know such a thread even exists! One thing I wish I did is I wish I picked a city that was warmer, like Astrakhan or Rostov. The first winter was okay, and now I'm already so damn tired of winter that I just want the damn sun back. But it's too difficult to just pack up and move, especially when you're a student.
You know about Siberia before you went. Its Canada, eh? But worse I've heard. Well It's March the traditional time of complaining about winter.

Old 03-20-2021, 01:05 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
A little news and a couple of interesting photos from the industrial sector of Russia.

Quote:
At EMSS, the next stage of production of a large-sized core shell of the reactor vessel for power unit No. 3 of the Akkuyu NPP (Turkey) has been completed.

The ingot weighing 415 tons, intended for the manufacture of this shell, was cast in the electric steelmaking shop of PJSC "EMSS" on March 2, 2021.

Currently, the ingot is delivered to the automated forging complex AKK-15000 ton-forces for forging. The mechanical processing of the product will be carried out on a rotary lathe
Quote:
It is planned to complete the production of the reactor vessel shell in the third quarter of 2021. The net weight of the product after the end of the machining process will be 119.55 tons, diameter-4.6 m, height-5.3 meters

The size and power of the equipment is hardly perceived by the mind ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe