Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 10:59 AM

345 posts, read 268,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Ok, this will be interesting. Especially I'm not a historian and I can be wrong.

Education.
I read such articles many times. And it seems to me quite convincing. The Russian Empire lagged behind the level of literacy from the leading European countries. But the dynamics was very good.

http://sputnikipogrom.com/wp-content...04/obrinf5.jpg

http://sputnikipogrom.com/wp-content...04/obrinf4.jpg
General literacy could be achieved by 1925, which is 10 years earlier than the USSR.

Indistry.
Similarly, Russia had a strong lag, but a huge increase in the early 20th century. Any source will show you a large growth rate. The revolutions and civil war threw back all these achievements. As a result, Stalin was forced to industrialize 20 years later and at the cost of great blood.

Of course, in 1917 the overall gap from the developed countries was very significant, but country was ready for industrialization.

I dont know about medicine, not read about it.

Interesting article, etc.

The Russian Empire was a great country. Not the best in the world, but quite normal for that time. And the events of 1917 is clearly negative events. The communist project was a huge plus for the whole world (competition, technology development, a sharp improvement in people's quality of life due to fear of the communist idea), but this project left huge scars on the body of Russia.

Of course, Tzarist Russia was an economic power feared by Germany, that's why they packaged the bald one in a fortified train.

As to Erasure, amerikanski duplikaten are better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 01:30 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpeenko View Post
Ok. How is correct? Russia of start twentyth century did not great at any characteristics. It's true.
Science, music, literature, military affairs. A lot of inventions, great geographical expeditions. Russian Empire was an important part of world culture and science. Read, for example, this.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:51 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,162,350 times

Saw this great classic film recently, even though it's not the right time of year for it.

Made me start to wonder, if the apartments shown in the film are the same (not the exact location of course, but the same kind of apartments) that Moscow mayor Sobyanin wants knocked down now?

They seem to be nice enough in the film, although that was made... forty years ago?

Old 06-05-2017, 06:09 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
I was loling all morning long today -
I guess it's a briefing in the Ministry of International affairs in Moscow, so here comes a Finn ( a cute Finn at that ) with a question of "gay situation in Chechnya";
-I'd like to know what do you think about their supposed absence in Chechnya, ( smiling); let's talk about your favorite subject..." ( addressing a speaker of the Ministry - M. Zakharova.)
Zakharova; "MY favorite subject? No, it's YOUR favorite subject"
Finn; "OK, it's my favorite subject... but I'd still like to know what you think about it all..."
Zakharova; "Then start telling as it is, that it's YOUR favorite subject"...
Finn; "OK, it's our favorite subject. But I'd still like to ask... As you know the West is concerened with this issue, which was reflected during the last meeting in Paris.."
Zakharova; "What's your name please?"
Finn; - "Erkka Mikkonen."
Zakharova; - And you represent what media outlet please?
Mikkonen; "Finnish TV."
Zakharova in the microphone; "Dear Mr. Kadyrov (head of Chechen Republic, obviously not present at the moment) - "Here we have someone named Erkka Mikkonen from Finnish TV., preoccupied with the presence of gays in Chechnya, or lack of thereof. I am a wrong person here to comment on a subject, since I am a representative of the Ministry of International Affairs, so would you be so kind to organize an extensive trip for this particular journalist throughout Chechnya, that he would get all the answers to his pressing questions?"
Mikkonen; "But I still didn't get your answer..."
Zakharova - What "answer?" You practically received the invitation, so the only thing left for you is to pack your suitcases. You are not afraid to go there of course, right?"
Mikkonen; "No I am not."
Zakharova; "So there you go. I am not kidding here, we are getting busy to send you personally to Chechnya as of now.")))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wjqr4OTB6E

Last edited by erasure; 06-05-2017 at 07:06 PM..

Old 06-05-2017, 11:05 PM

36 posts, read 20,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Science, music, literature, military affairs. A lot of inventions, great geographical expeditions. Russian Empire was an important part of world culture and science. Read, for example, this.
So, you agree. Education, industry, medicine, life level. Russia did not great at the characteristics. Do you want to talk about science and theatre by such background?)) It's funny!
About military. Why the Russian-Japanese War was lost? Where great?
Do you want compare russians military equipment and military equipment Germany, England and US and France? Are you sure?
Again.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
So, you agree. Education, industry, medicine, life level. Russia did not great at the characteristics.
Yes. But I note very positive trends.

Quote:
Do you want to talk about science and theatre by such background?))
Yes, I do.

Quote:
It's funny!
No, it's not fanny. The greatness of the country consists of many factors.

Quote:
About military. Why the Russian-Japanese War was lost? Where great?
The history of the Russian Empire is not only the Japanese war. I think you do not understand something. Look at this map:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...panese_War.png

Do you think weak country can control such territory?

Quote:
Do you want compare russians military equipment and military equipment Germany, England and US and France? Are you sure?
Again.
I think that the state of technology is correlated with the overall development of the industry.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:26 AM

36 posts, read 20,582 times
You agree with Russia did haven't great military succes if compare with other european countryes?
So! It you say "the great"! And I not say it as the bad, but not "the great"!
Let's to say correct!
Well, theatre... It's ok, of course :-)
Next.
So, you say bolshevics destroued great country.
First, did not been the great country.
Second, not bolsheviks it destroued.
Who then? You must know.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
You agree with Russia did haven't great military succes if compare with other european countryes?
Look at the map of Russian Empire. This is answers your question.

Quote:
So, you say bolshevics destroued great country.
First, did not been the great country.
We walk in a circle. I repeat, the Russian Empire was in the forefront of world science (many of them from RE), literature (I hope it does not need an explanation), painting (Kandinsky, Malevich etc are top world level) , etc. Russia was not the first, but in the top ten.

Many great discoveries. Geography.

Also Russia was the center of the Orthodox faith, this is also very important.

It was a great country. You have not convinced me otherwise.

Quote:
Second, not bolsheviks it destroued.
Who then? You must know.
It was them.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:10 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
just btw: Russia dislikes Montenegro joining NATO:
Montenegro approves Nato membership as Russia protests - BBC News
Can't wait when their favorites Serbs join nato/eu what the reaction will be...
I don't like nato at all, but curious to see how Serbia, Russia, Turkey will form a union.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
just btw: Russia dislikes Montenegro joining NATO:
Montenegro approves Nato membership as Russia protests - BBC News
I read, that Montenegro's people not support NATO, but politicians make choice.

Quote:
Can't wait when their favorites Serbs join nato/eu what the reaction will be...
NATO bombed Serbia 20 years ago. I doubt that Serbia can join NATO. It will be humiliation of a Serbs people.

Quote:
I don't like nato at all, but curious to see how Serbia, Russia, Turkey will form a union.
I can not imagine the union of Turkey and Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe