Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 01:49 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51rus View Post
It is not normal, select the territory of a neighboring state.
How you think, if people of the Kaliningrad region want to join Germany, Russian government allows it to make? I don't think so.
Why would Germans want to acquire the bunch of Russians living in that territory?
Or are you saying that the population is still GERMAN there? If yes, then it would make sense, but only then.

Quote:
If people of the Karelia region want to join Finland?
Again - who predominantly populates Eastern Karelia now? And if 82 percent of it is RUSSIAN population, why should they want to join Finland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 06:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
51Rus.

How do you make a living?

I know here one thing is for sure. We have the same problems you do almost across the board. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. You think corruption is bad there? Here people are as resigned to it as any Russian. It's become so rife that it is done openly and freely all over this country. At all levels. Not too long ago a fire chief in a district in Burien Wa was investigated for "unethical practices".

They found not only him but a few others were for some reason very highly paid, well beyond what other people in other places were paid. Why? They got to vote on whether they got pay raises or not. Do you think they ever said no to a raise?

I can give you many other examples.

I'm going to come back later and go over this again. Time is short.

Thanx 51 rus

Old 06-28-2016, 12:18 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
1. From what I know, they have certain number of "reserved spots" offering free higher education for those from "lower income families," but I would think not in each and every school/university. Plus, of course, when Russia "ametricanized" the system of education, the quality of education went down all together.
Russia has a large number state higher institutions (institutes, universities). Any state higher education institution has "budget" (without student's money, paid by the state) students. Every Russian has the right to one free higher education, if he / she is able to pass the exams. Unfortunately, students often make a bad choice of profession and do not work in their specialty. But if you look carefully in the choice of a specialty good, free education can help to earn good money.

Quote:
with Maxim's camp, who is definitely not a Putinbot, if I interrogate him thoroughly enough)))
I am Putinbot when Putin's interests coincide with the interests of Russia. As I understand it.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 06-28-2016 at 12:37 AM..

Old 06-28-2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
It is not normal, select the territory of a neighboring state.
West Germany joined East Germany 25 years ago.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:04 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Russia has a large number state higher institutions (institutes, universities). Any state higher education institution has "budget" (without student's money, paid by the state) students. Every Russian has the right to one free higher education, if he / she is able to pass the exams.
That's what I was talking about - reserved spots for low-income students, for free of charge higher education. In Russia it's simply called differently (" студенты бюджетники", as you've said. )

Quote:
Unfortunately, students often make a bad choice of profession and do not work in their specialty. But if you look carefully in the choice of a specialty good, free education can help to earn good money.
That's right, current Russian "higher education system" created lately a lot of worthless degrees/programs, ( as it is a case in the US,) which are fairly easy to obtain. And that's where the "bad choice of professions" comes from.

Quote:
I am Putinbot when Putin's interests coincide with the interests of Russia.
Yes, I understand it. And when it does not?

( Because for the most part - it does not as far as I can see.)

Old 06-28-2016, 07:39 AM

12 posts, read 9,839 times
Ruth4Truth
Thanks.
It's true.
"The more that things change, the more they stay the same"
So much potential in Russia.
My environment is a professor and Ph.D. Their life is a science. It's realy cool.
In the past, scientists have created an engine created quantum mechanics, sent man into space.
the world is experiencing revolutionary discoveries.
But Wait in Russia focus on defenses.

Rent an apartment - 140-180$/month. Earlier it was less. I know what in Europe most people to rent. But not in Russia. (this is due to problems in the past)

""Government employees have hundreds and thousands of times more salary"? Really?? What kind of gov't employees?"
Yep, it's true.
Vice premera Russia has four apartments in Russia (500 sq. meters), rent house in Russia (4,200 sq. meters) rented house in Austria (1,500 square meters) and a flat in the UK (480 sq. meters)
And many such examples. Not everything I know. About a lot of people do not have the information. I think this people only higher-level employees.
Secretaries and clerks don't have big money. I work at the university. It's governmental sector. And I do not know one professor, a scientist, a teacher, who drives a Mercedes s-class or BMW and has a property abroad (even for rent)

Old 06-28-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Why would Germans want to acquire the bunch of Russians living in that territory?
Or are you saying that the population is still GERMAN there? If yes, then it would make sense, but only then.

Again - who predominantly populates Eastern Karelia now? And if 82 percent of it is RUSSIAN population, why should they want to join Finland?
Previously, it was the territory of the northern part of the German province "East Prussia"
Just Karelia was a part of Finland.

I'm talking about something else.
If all the people in this territory (Russian) will want to live under the flag of another country. And the country (Germany and Finland) wanted to join the area. The Russian government will not allow it to do.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Yes, I understand it. And when it does not?

( Because for the most part - it does not as far as I can see.)
In any case I do not see a more worthy candidate than he. Bad government is better than a good civil war.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Just Karelia was a part of Finland.
Finland was a part of Russia. Like all post-Soviet countries. But it does not mean that they must return to Russia.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
51Rus.

How do you make a living?

I know here one thing is for sure. We have the same problems you do almost across the board. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. You think corruption is bad there? Here people are as resigned to it as any Russian. It's become so rife that it is done openly and freely all over this country. At all levels. Not too long ago a fire chief in a district in Burien Wa was investigated for "unethical practices".

They found not only him but a few others were for some reason very highly paid, well beyond what other people in other places were paid. Why? They got to vote on whether they got pay raises or not. Do you think they ever said no to a raise?

I can give you many other examples.

I'm going to come back later and go over this again. Time is short.

Thanx 51 rus
Thank you, Scrat
I am engaged in cell phone repair. I have been repairing cars. I have a small passive income on the Internet. I collect installation on microcontrollers to order companies.
All this allows me to live comfortably
There are a number of projects, which would later be repaid to me. But now I do not have time for this. Later, I'll be sure these projects.

I think this situation in many countries. Many other examples worldwide. It is neither good nor bad. It's just the reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe