Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 11:24 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Having knowledge from both sides really helps. Good indepth knowledge gained from experience and seeing with your own eyes, hearing with your own ears. You can't take everything written as fact because its only half the story or even while being mostly true omits a lot of reality.

Example. This thread is about living in Seattle and while a good discription in no way encompasses everything about Seattle and the Puget Sound/PNW.

//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...ttle-area.html

From the geographic summary.

This is a true statement. Just one problem, when/how can you enjoy them? Try getting a camp site at some beautiful spot without reserving it months in advance. People are not really aware of the obstacles that are in your way as you try to enjoy the beauty of the PNW.

Infrastructure in Seattle? Worse than described, hideous. I drive in it daily and my day is about 10 hours, 3 of which is simply trying to move from place to place.

Point being whichever end of the spectrum, good or bad it's everywhere. Russia is far from the worst and in some ways definitely better than other places. The problem is you need to see it for yourself and judge by experience, not what you're fed.
I find everything that he writes about Seattle overall to be true, ( even though I lived there many years ago.)
And hey - you can enjoy the beauty of the nature in Western Washington even without reserving the camp site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

*Shudder*

Next time make some kind of a timely warning - I'm going to have a very sleepless night now.
This was too much for my impressionable soul)))

Old 06-20-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Why are Russian men are so handsome... right ladies? ;-)
I dunno, ask Nola or Remembermee - those two ladies. They'll tell ya)))

Old 06-21-2016, 02:40 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 10 hours ago)

27,160 posts, read 13,444,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
*Shudder*

Next time make some kind of a timely warning - I'm going to have a very sleepless night now.
This was too much for my impressionable soul)))
LOL

I was wondering what Putin got up to in his spare time -

What's that Putin - how can 3 million Welsh beat 150 million Russians - ROFL

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-21-2016 at 03:30 AM..

Old 06-21-2016, 03:11 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
how can 3 million Welsh beat 150 million Russians - ROFL
Yes, it was hard. Welsh is good team.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:31 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 10 hours ago)

27,160 posts, read 13,444,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Yes, it was hard. Welsh is good team.
All the Best -

Old 06-22-2016, 01:58 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
All is not perfect in Russia. The individual who did this is not going to have an easy time of it. Russians love their street dogs and those vendors are going to be hurting too.

Мои новости: Жителей Самары кормили шаурмой из собак.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:09 AM

12 posts, read 9,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
All is not perfect in Russia. The individual who did this is not going to have an easy time of it. Russians love their street dogs and those vendors are going to be hurting too.

Мои новости: Жителей Самары кормили шаурмой из собак.
It's not normal for good country. It's terribly.
At the same time someone person from Russia buy this https://news.mail.ru/society/26210471/?frommail=10
I don't know how in other countries. May be similarly.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
51rus. When I was in Siberia (Novosibirsk) our guide told us that in the local markets dog was a meat often sought by some Asian people and preferred to things such as chicken and beef. We had to watch what we were buying. Many places still see them as a food source. It seems disgusting to me as a westerner but to some it may not be.

Anyway. Some here think Russia is a basket case economically. The people need to get informed. The sanctions imposed by the west are hurting the EU far more in the long run while opening new doors for Russia. The sanctions are in fact one of the best things that ever happened to Russia. They're finding more reliable partners, partners not so obedient to the US and more independent of the west.

UPDATE 2-Russia's Yamal LNG gets round sanctions with $12 bln Chinese loan deal | Reuters

The EU is not only losing business, some of the opportunities they're missing may be lost forever.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:00 AM

12 posts, read 9,839 times
Scrat335
May be in Eastern countrys it's normal.
But if I want to buy chicken or beef or fish, I wish that it was not dog meat.
In shops or another eateries workers should report it (where the chicken and where dog meat)

Where are you from?
On Russian TV news report only about the success of Russia. But this is not always true.
I think what sanctions it's bad nowadays for Russia. And I can explained this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe