Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2018, 10:58 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post

The results of the strike: in Petropavlovsk Kamchatsky than one (1!) people in Blagoveshchensk — 16, Magadan— 20, in Yakutsk — 35, in Chita — 63, in Orenburg - 100, Samara - 220, In Nizhny Novgorod — 550, in Yekaterinburg — 900 (it is agreed a meeting)...
And all around the country of 145 million on "strike" was about 5 thousand (according to the Council on human rights). And according to the interior Ministry - about 3.5 thousand.
That is, approximately from 0.002% to 0.003%.

It looks like " numerous protests" )))))
Well Russians are aware they can be arrested and seriously fined for participating in a demonstration.

Also the Russian Opposition leader is arrested: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/28/russ...oman-says.html

This is a sign that the Putin administration does not tolerate dissidents and Russia is not really a democracy.

Putin grip of power is the longest in that country since Stalin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 11:20 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Well Russians are aware they can be arrested and seriously fined for participating in a demonstration.

Also the Russian Opposition leader is arrested: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/28/russ...oman-says.html

This is a sign that the Putin administration does not tolerate dissidents and Russia is not really a democracy.

Putin grip of power is the longest in that country since Stalin.
Oh yeah, it's probably all according to the Western media.) However this man has long sought his arrest, you have to be a "sacred victim", otherwise the picture will not develop. But Tell me, what's with the opposition, "artist" Pavlensky? Remember as all it had suffered, as he struggled with the "bloody regime" ? What's wrong with him now?

Old 01-29-2018, 12:29 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Oh yeah, it's probably all according to the Western media.) However this man has long sought his arrest, you have to be a "sacred victim", otherwise the picture will not develop. But Tell me, what's with the opposition, "artist" Pavlensky? Remember as all it had suffered, as he struggled with the "bloody regime" ? What's wrong with him now?
Actually this story is also verified in Al Jazeera a Qutar based Media outlet.

Actually you living in a country where you can be arrested for protesting against the government. Well at least I live in a country where if I dislike the government i am free to say what I want and free to protest against them.

Where I live at least one can say what they want against the government and what people can say I still think this is the best principal in regards to the government is: “I don't agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Even burning the nation flag is legal here, and hate seeing it but I still believe people can have right to do that even as much I disagree on what they are doing.

Even with the laws here in Australia, it is a great place to live.

Last edited by other99; 01-29-2018 at 12:45 AM..

Old 01-29-2018, 12:43 AM

Quote:

Actually you living in a country where you can be arrested for protesting against the government. Well at least I live in a country where if I dislike the government i am free to say what I want and free to protest against them.

Where I live at least one can say what they want against the government and what people can say I still think this is the best principal in regards to the government is: “I don't agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Even burning the nation flag is legal here, and hate seeing it but I still believe people can have right to do that even as much I disagree on what they are doing.
It only seems to you that you live in a free country.In fact, all slightly different. If in case, the arrests happen quickly and without fanfare in the media because if the media that there will not publish the fact that they will exist exactly until the end of the day of publication and they are aware of this. In Arab countries, and the death penalty is possible to obtain, for publication on the Internet,there were precedents, slipped on the news as many of our opposition that pomelle, left for the West and sit there in prison or under investigation, and there tried to continue its policy against local authorities. So no need to tell how all good and bad in Russia.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:21 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:

I remember a story from way back that happened in America, Chicago way back in the 1880s. People were protesting about labor conditions or something and the cops were beating people up all over the place, people who were trying to speak out. It was pretty ugly.

Some poltician got an idea because this didn't look good. It wasn't democratic. What did he come up with?

Allow the people to say what they wanted to. They did, the cops backed off and people got on their soap boxes and expressed themselves. Great right? DEMOCRACY!!!! THE AMERICAN WAY!!!

Turns out nothing changed for the people. Words are just words. Here in America you can say anything you want BUT if you say something that matters you better watch out. Saying words is meaningless when the people who control things have no intention to change things.

We protest a lot here in America. Seems we are never able to solve the problems though. I wonder why.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:13 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I must be getting old. Peanut butter and honey on bread is the food of the gods!!! I never cared for Nutella.
I like all three of them. When it comes to peanut butter, I usually go for crunchy as I'm not a big fan of smooth.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:38 PM

And I'm peanut butter do not eat. By the way do not know a single person who buys peanut butter.He is not popular in Russia.Although the stores seem to have

Old 01-30-2018, 02:03 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:

You have confused the words "to talk" and "to arrange unrest".

Old 01-30-2018, 07:43 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
https://meduza.io/live/2018/01/28/za...rossii-hronika

Lots of anti Putler, pro Navalnyi demonstrations today in Russia.
Putler my butt! Want a real Nazi? Just look at that racist pig Aleksei NAZInyi! Anyone who thinks NAZInyi is a good guy is a friggin brainwashed moron! Simple as that!

Hope NAZInyi gets permanently exiled from Russia! No self-respecting Russian over the age of 25 (those old enough to have living memories of the 1990s - days the NATO West no doubt wish would return when it comes to all things Russia) will vote for him knowing he's gonna be a throwback to the bad old days of the 1990s if he gets his way!

Anyone got a problem with my criticising of political figures in Russia that the West likes? Deal with it and talk to the hand as NO amount of propaganda and fake news from the Western establishment will change my mind on this!

Last edited by mrconfusion87; 01-30-2018 at 07:55 AM..

Old 01-30-2018, 08:24 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
This is on Finnish TV tonight, but it was already uploaded on their streaming website and I watched it.

I liked it. It wasn't only crashes, but also people telling their stories in the car, and suddenly something unexpected happens. The film showed both funny and sad aspects of Russian society. I recommend it!

I'll give it ***½ stars out of *****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe