Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 12:35 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Don't know if you can call them colonies. They have a long and storied history both good and bad. I'll never forget this woman I saw in Novosibirsk at a market. Long black hair, almond shaped eyes, high cheek bones. She was definitely Asian but to add to that list is the deep blue eyes of a Nordic person and the build of a European. it's obvious to me that they are also family. I see examples of this all over including my ex wife who is Balorussian. She has some Asiatic features.

I think Russias relationship with other Asian countries is much more than colonial now.
I think, Russia did not have colonies. I can not remember examples. Residents of a joined territories always receive full rights, as rights of rest of the Russians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 11:14 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
By the way, Asad was elected in open elections in 2011, if I'm not mistaken. This was the democratically elected president before the war begins.
Brezhnev won an election too and Russians proclaimed it democratic. They don't even know what the word means.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:20 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The article should be renamed US bases. By adding the near Russia clause it just becomes laughable.

Only Kazakhstan really fits into this description as it actually borders Russia. A case could be made about Japan but even that's pushing it.
Seriously? If there were anything remotely similar to that from the Russian side, surrounding the US (remember the Cuban missile crisis?), the US would flip out. Although the base in Kazakhstan is mainly for the purpose of supporting "the fight against terrorism" in the region, but obviously, there could be a dual purpose.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:22 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
What's so surprising about Mongolia? It's completely surrounded by Russia and China, how are American troops and military equipment supposed to get there?
How are they supposed to get to Kazakhstan? They manage. There are flying machines these days, you know. They can carry a lot of cargo.

Mongolia is doing a lot of business with China, with coal mine development. That isn't compatible with the hosting of US bases there.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:27 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Seriously? If there were anything remotely similar to that from the Russian side, surrounding the US (remember the Cuban missile crisis?), the US would flip out. Although the base in Kazakhstan is mainly for the purpose of supporting "the fight against terrorism" in the region, but obviously, there could be a dual purpose.
But there isn't.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:32 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
The only reason the US would flip out is because there would be no reason for Russian troops to be over here. There aren't nations near the US creating terrorists. It would also be strange since there are no countries asking for Russian help except dictatorships like Cuba and Venezuela. Only dictators ask Russia for help. Democracies are not seeking the help from a gangster state like Russia.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:24 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
Quote:
How are they supposed to get to Kazakhstan? They manage. There are flying machines these days, you know. They can carry a lot of cargo.

Mongolia is doing a lot of business with China, with coal mine development. That isn't compatible with the hosting of US bases there.
because they probably don't fly through Russian or Chinese airspace, but though the stan countries, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:09 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
Even if that were true, it doesn't make Russia's position any more valid. Russia has complained a number of times over the presence of US destroyers in the Black Sea, yet at the same time it has carried air sorties in close proximity to Alaska and California. The US took note of the incidents, but never formally complained as those are international waters. Russia has every right to fly there, just as the US has the right to patrol the Black Sea as long as neither country gets to within less than 12 nautical miles (22.2km or 13.8 miles) of any country's border, which defines the territorial waters a country has access to.

The Cuban missile crisis was a response to the presence of rockets in Turkey at a time when the threat of nuclear war was real.

Quote:

Kazakhstan borders a number of countries with which the US has a treaty. Mongolia is entirely landlocked by Russia and China. The US can't just fly over their airspace because it will trigger sirens if an unauthorized vehicle were to enter those territories.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The only reason the US would flip out is because there would be no reason for Russian troops to be over here. There aren't nations near the US creating terrorists. It would also be strange since there are no countries asking for Russian help except dictatorships like Cuba and Venezuela. Only dictators ask Russia for help. Democracies are not seeking the help from a gangster state like Russia.
The mask is reset. Good.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The Cuban missile crisis was a response to the presence of rockets in Turkey at a time when the threat of nuclear war was real.
Russian missiles are no longer in the Cube. And what about NATO missiles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe