Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2018, 09:13 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
She is a good dancer
She remain me my ex-girlfriend in past. Similar persons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 09:25 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Those who care to understand politics, do not ask this question.
People understand, that Russian geopolitical interests have been hit by the West in Syria, and Russia has to protect its geopolitical interest. That's why Russian men are dying in Syria.
Its always about the big bad west isn't it. Invading Ukraine to stop the west. Cheat in Olympics to fight the west. Give Putin's judo buddy a billion of state cash to stand up to the west. Bombing Syrian schools to stop the west. Killing Russians abroad who know the truth to fight the west.

"Russia"'s geopolitical interest is a funny way of putting it. At best, its Putin spending Russia's money to make himself and Russia look important. The only thing his declining state is important for is its UN veto and nukes.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Its always about the big bad west isn't it. Invading Ukraine to stop the west. Cheat in Olympics to fight the west. Give Putin's judo buddy a billion of state cash to stand up to the west. Bombing Syrian schools to stop the west. Killing Russians abroad who know the truth to fight the west.

"Russia"'s geopolitical interest is a funny way of putting it. At best, its Putin spending Russia's money to make himself and Russia look important. The only thing his declining state is important for is its UN veto and nukes.
absolutely right!

Old 03-07-2018, 10:29 PM

24,600 posts, read 9,440,677 times
I understand Russia's history and need to be anti-western. But I'll never understand how it's still a 2nd world country. I get the corruption part, but you would think that a country like Russia would try to become 1st world as another "haha we did it" to the west. I guess when you have a bunch of nukes it really doesn't matter.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I understand Russia's history and need to be anti-western. But I'll never understand how it's still a 2nd world country. I get the corruption part, but you would think that a country like Russia would try to become 1st world as another "haha we did it" to the west. I guess when you have a bunch of nukes it really doesn't matter.
I was asked one young russian 20 y. o. (ex paratrooper and adept of putin) man at late 2013 (time of Euromaidan) "Do you want if Russian Federation get association with EU?" He was shocked! They (russians) never mind this way.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:39 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
Quote:
They've got a lot of potential. The problem is that they keep wasting their time blaming the west for x,y and z reasons. It also doesn't help that their current president thinks he's some sort of Messiah who will save them from degeneracy.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:07 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Russia second world? Hmmm. Debatable.

Considering the challenges Russia and Russians face in every aspect of life and living they are certainly exceptional. America is great for many reasons and it's not necessarily due to it's government and people. In 1492 the New World was discovered. A good climate and abundant resources easily accessible while only sparesly populated by people barely able to defend themselves against Europeans. On top of that a place easily defended that you could strike others from in security.

Russia had few of these things. They have resources but they're hard to get out of the ground, They have vast lands that to this day are largely uninhabited. Climate is another challenge, a lot of their lands are practically uninhabitable by large numbers of people. There's the aspect of war too. Russia is vulnerable to being attacked. Russia doesn't have 2 oceans to protect it.

Maybe from the perspective of some westerner whom has never stepped foot in Russia (or anywhere else) or only dipped their toe into what Russia is culturally and materially it might seem the be less or 2nd world. People who know the history and have been around it a few times would probably disagree.

I certainly do. Russia is tough to put a finger on, it's not the western world. It's old, rich, primitive, civilized, vast and constrained all in one. Russia is a hard place, it's not easy there. Russians are tough, resilient people worthy of the utmost respect. Russia may not have that shallow, superficial "look" of 1st world like you find in the west but they have a 1st world class all their own.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:54 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
No it's not "ensuing security" Maxim.
It is what it is.
The police doesn't want to let people leave before Putin's speech, and it's the beginning of the rally (10th minute of it, according to the captioning.)
That's why people get upset and argumentative there, that's why some are recording the event on their phones.
At the end they push police out of the way (precisely because their actions are not legal, and have nothing to do with "security matters,") but you can see that it's relatively small amount of people. Were they there out of their own free will or not at the first place - THAT we can't know from the video.
To read the comments on the video. The goal is achieved. To boils. Nobody wants to understand "what", "how" and "why".

Old 03-08-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I heard something about pilot error, coming in too low. The airbase is not a modern airbase and the facilities are not up to date so the pilot was basically using instruments and the mark 1 eyeball. Fatal human error. It may have been the pilots first time there. He may have been showing off too.
I thought about it, too.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
I was asked one young russian 20 y. o. (ex paratrooper and adept of putin) man at late 2013 (time of Euromaidan) "Do you want if Russian Federation get association with EU?" He was shocked! They (russians) never mind this way.
Russians marched along this way in the 90's. That's enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe