Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 03:14 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Russia did (and does) logistically support separatists for sure...but they are the ones keeping the fight...people may have temporarily left but that does not mean that they are not willing to return and that they would support being part of Ukraine (especially with the current government)....Putin is not the only one keeping the war alive, as a matter of fact he would favor a settlement between the separatists and Ukraine. I suspect a stalemate like in South Ossetia and Abkhazia is in the cards.
Sure but Putin's conditions for peace are not agreeable to Ukraine. He either wants too much or he made this condition because he does not actually want peace. Ukraine would rather give up the Donbas than agree to his conditions.

Quote:
I would actually say that Ukrainians would not longer back the coupe if they could go back in time given that their countries has been tore apart and the loss of Crimea which will never ever come back.
If you are saying that Ukrainians want to go back to having Yanukovich run the country, you're delusional. Leaving Russia out of it, this kind of governance is what they fought to remove forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 03:16 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Considering what has happened in Ukraine Russia has a MORAL OBLIGATION to protect Novorussia. As for your poll it's just that and we see them all the time. The momentum is in favor of independence, most Novorussians are ambivalent adn don't care. A large majority hate Kiev and we all know who those feelings are directed at and why.

Keep your poll.
85% of Novorussia is under Ukrainian government control. Life is peaceful and stable there. Big part of my family live in novorussia and I visit them, so I do know this first hand. In Russian occupied Novorussia, its an economic wasteland with no rule of law and barely functioning society. The majority of people from there fled to the rest of Ukraine and are waiting for dear Putin to let them come back to their homes in peace.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
85% of Novorussia is under Ukrainian government control. Life is peaceful and stable there. Big part of my family live in novorussia and I visit them, so I do know this first hand. In Russian occupied Novorussia, its an economic wasteland with no rule of law and barely functioning society. The majority of people from there fled to the rest of Ukraine and are waiting for dear Putin to let them come back to their homes in peace.
No one in Ukraine is doing well. They're making it but not much more. Ukraine is a basket case.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:52 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:
Exactly.....
Read my previous response. Credible leadership is determined by what other countries think of you. To simplify the scenario a bit further, I would say that getting recognition from the five permanent members of the UN security council is an absolute necessity. Only those who manage to get it from all five nations will get to establish their credibility. If even so much as one of them has a problem with you, things will start becoming complicated. The US, UK and France don't recognize Assad's rule (that's 60%), therefore what he says is irrelevant.

I've given a number of examples that no one's countered to validate my point.

Israel declared Jerusalem as it's capital way back in 1948. Very few countries recognize it. Does that make Israel's claim valid?

North Cyprus declared it's independence following Turkey's occupation, yet no one recognizes the country. However, if you go to Nicosia you will see a wall separating the two parts and the North actually has it's own government.

Argentina claims the Falkland Islands, yet they are a British Overseas Territory.

Same goes for Palestine and Kosovo where you have enclaves of nations that recognize them, while others don't. To those who don't recognize either one of them or both of them, does that country's position matter?

Just look at Taiwan. A highly developed country that does not maintain diplomatic relations with a host of nations because they fear upsetting the One China Policy.

My point is that Assad can say or do whatever he wants. However, having several big nations go against you, makes your regime lose it's value. I'm sorry to say this, but what the US, UK and France think is very important and they are hardly the only ones.

Recognition is everything my friend. Without it, I might as well claim that I'm Emperor of the Earth. Unless my claim can be substantiated, it's paper in the wind.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:02 PM

More on the Khinzhal hypersonic missile. It's a variant of the 9M723-1F medium range ballistic missile used on the Iskander system.

Putin's Air-Launched Hypersonic Weapon Appears To Be A Modified Iskander Ballistic Missile - The Drive

This system has a lot of potential.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:15 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Litvinenko poisoning was a false flag operation according to a former French intelligence official

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H2ikdck8F4

I thought it was pretty obvious with the Nemtsov murder that some or most murders were arranged by the CIA/MI6 as its close proximity to the Kremlin was meant to send a message to the Russian leadership.
You're right, I keep forgetting that the country that inherited the Soviet Union was so nice. I'm sure the KGB were just handing out chocolate Easter bunnies in other Warsaw Pact nations.

I've heard some people claim that Bataclan was a false flag.

Do you believe that 9/11 was a false flag as well? Do you believe that the Apollo landings were faked to get the Soviet Union to overspend? I'm sure that the landings were shot somewhere in the deserts of Arizona or New Mexico and then Photoshoped. Photoshop wan't around in the 60's you say? Time travel dude.

What happened to the dinosaurs? Do you actually believe that the meteorite that landed on Earth killed them. The Earth is flat silly. The CIA wanted to disrupt the dinosaurs reptilian regime so they were funding all the different mammals to help them stage faux-revolutions. It resulted in a massive destabilization event that ended up covering all of Earth (woops, I mean Flatland).

Old 03-23-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
My point is that Assad can say or do whatever he wants. However, having several big nations go against you, makes your regime lose it's value. I'm sorry to say this, but what the US, UK and France think is very important and they are hardly the only ones.
What nations and peoples think of themselves counts too. How many times has people stood against great odds and defeated their attackers? Numerous times. There is such a thing as people fighting for a just cause and this human concept counters your speculations on this matter. Syria is such a situation, Assad would not be in power without his people fighting for their own Syria. He would be long gone were he irrelevant.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Do you believe that 9/11 was a false flag as well?
Looking back at all the facts and what has happened since, I have not been able to snuff out my suspicions. God does not exist is statement that cannot be proven a fact.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:36 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
You're right, I keep forgetting that the country that inherited the Soviet Union was so nice. I'm sure the KGB were just handing out chocolate Easter bunnies in other Warsaw Pact nations.

I've heard some people claim that Bataclan was a false flag.

Do you believe that 9/11 was a false flag as well? Do you believe that the Apollo landings were faked to get the Soviet Union to overspend? I'm sure that the landings were shot somewhere in the deserts of Arizona or New Mexico and then Photoshoped. Photoshop wan't around in the 60's you say? Time travel dude.

What happened to the dinosaurs? Do you actually believe that the meteorite that landed on Earth killed them. The Earth is flat silly. The CIA wanted to disrupt the dinosaurs reptilian regime so they were funding all the different mammals to help them stage faux-revolutions. It resulted in a massive destabilization event that ended up covering all of Earth (woops, I mean Flatland).

Soviet Union being nice or not, the issue is that there is not proof, not even strong circumstantial evidence about these killings....before I got interested in the entire Russian story, I accepted as facts, as reported by the media, that Putin killed all of these people,....even the famous Alexander Litvinenko poisoning case if you actually read all the materials and trails followed, even years after the fact, the conclusion is that we simply do not know for sure....could have been Putin?? Sure but we cannot point fingers and accuse people like that.

A lot of these people were involved in double, triple and quadruple sided spying games....

Again, let me stress that I'm no fan of Putin authoritarianism.....but neither I consider him the devil on earth and controlling every single leaf falling on the ground in Russia.

This Russophobia thing is really getting out of hand....considering your good curiosity instinct and willingness to read, learn and acquire knowledge, a good first start to clear the fog is to read and ear Professor Emeritus of Russian Studies Stephen Cohen of Princeton University, one of the top Russian experts in the United States, a staunch liberal and also not fan of Putin style of governance in the slightest....he has helped me tremendously, like swallowing the proverbial Red Pill....

Old 03-23-2018, 04:37 PM

Kursk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8dfpYCvbtc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe