Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 09:29 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Soviet Union being nice or not, the issue is that there is not proof, not even strong circumstantial evidence about these killings....before I got interested in the entire Russian story, I accepted as facts, as reported by the media, that Putin killed all of these people,....even the famous Alexander Litvinenko poisoning case if you actually read all the materials and trails followed, even years after the fact, the conclusion is that we simply do not know for sure....could have been Putin?? Sure but we cannot point fingers and accuse people like that.

A lot of these people were involved in double, triple and quadruple sided spying games....

Again, let me stress that I'm no fan of Putin authoritarianism.....but neither I consider him the devil on earth and controlling every single leaf falling on the ground in Russia.

This Russophobia thing is really getting out of hand....considering your good curiosity instinct and willingness to read, learn and acquire knowledge, a good first start to clear the fog is to read and ear Professor Emeritus of Russian Studies Stephen Cohen of Princeton University, one of the top Russian experts in the United States, a staunch liberal and also not fan of Putin style of governance in the slightest....he has helped me tremendously, like swallowing the proverbial Red Pill....
Putin may not have directed the attack himself, but it's likely connected to the Russian power apparatus.

I'm not Russophobic at all. In fact there are far worse leaders than Putin in the world including many of the those found in the Gulf States, Iran, Pakistan and even China which is far more autocratic and just recently passed a sentence granting it's leader presidency for life status.

Don't you find it ironic that this thread has been going on for so long along with the Ukraine one. Every other topic gets closed after a few pages, yet this one goes on for ages.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Russia is a fascinating country, one full of natural wonder, impressive architecture, profound literature, yet still shacked to the past and one that sadly has had a lot of baggage. Perhaps the arrival of a new generation will help that.

I myself consider you a very intelligent and well read individual (I can tell from the sources you pull out), which is why that sarcasm wasn't directed at you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 12:26 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Putin may not have directed the attack himself, but it's likely connected to the Russian power apparatus.

Unfortunately the "likely connected" does not fly....either we have proof or we don't

The only thing we know for sure is that Putin is an authoritarian, as you said there are way worse world leaders in the world some of whom the west is happy to do business with.

Actually Putin very often encourage Russians to modernize, become efficient and leave the bad habits of the past behind.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:14 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
I'll openly admit that it's not entirely implausible, however none of the conspiracy theories presented have been able to justify their position. One of the most popular claims is that because the buildings collapsed over their foundations, controlled demolition was involved.

The buildings were hit by 767's at a very high altitude . The North Tower somewhere around the 90th floor, while the South one was hit in the 60's. Incidentally, the South Tower collapsed before the North one did. For a building to collapse vertically it would have to encounter it's structural failure at a very low altitude near the base, so that the building is no longer able to support it's own weight.
That's not how it played out.

The impact caused all the fuel to burn up rapidly, weakening the building's steel structure to the point that the upper levels had become so brittle that the floors started toppling like dominoes. One floor crashing into another. It makes sense why the buildings fell over their foundations.

The biggest controversy comes from WTC 7, which fell many hours later, apparently due to a fire. Given that a 20 story building fell in Iran last year as a result of an uncontrollable fire, I think that the official explanation can be accounted for.
I have no quarrel with what happened to the buildings on 9/11. I understand the physics of their collapse and what the impact of the planes and the resulting fires brought about. Further afield considering who was involved leads me to think that there was something afoot. People need a reason to go to war. I think perhaps certain players provided other players with the means to bring about such conditions. I'm not going into detail here but false flag operations are quite common in history.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
I agree here too. The Russian clandestine motive/means is there and cannot be thrown out. The people who did it were operating on their own more under general orders than direct. It may be some Russian super patriot type acting alone too. Just as likely in my eyes is the Brits doing the same thing for their own purposes.

I seriously doubt either governments higher management had anything to do with it. I beleive it was organizations on a lower level beyond either governments direct control.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Its a ram-jet which means it has to be launch from a moving airplane. This limitation makes it far inferior to our scramjets from 10 years ago, not just that its half the speed.
Whether or not it's a ramjet is not verified. No one has seen it doing Mach 10 either. If it is a ramjet it does need to be launched from a moving aircraft or be more than a single stage motor.

Being launched from an aircraft is not a limitation. In fact it is better to do it this way. The MIG31 Foxhound is basically 2 huge engines with wings and a strapped to them. Its one of the most powerful aircraft in the world. It can go from the taxiway of an airfield to 60000 ft in under 4 minutes. From 0 to 60000 ft in 90 seconds.

Do the math.

A plane takes off loaded with one of these missiles in Moscow and launches a missile at Berlin it will hit the target roughly 10 minutes later with devasting results. If it can do mach 10 you won't have to put a tactical nuke on it. It IS a tactical nuke.

If you use highways as airstrips further west you can hit ports and infrastructure all over Europe. You can launch these things by the dozens. The missiles are cheap, accurate, effective and very hard to spot and shoot down.

Most importantly it sends a message to the political elite in Europe. Their homes, families, holdings are not safe. The Russians can hit a mansion on a hill with these and leave a smoking hole where the hill was. No parliament building, government institution, radar site or railyard is immmune from attack.

It's effective. There's no doubt of that.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:35 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
The British claim Skripal tried to go back to Russia

Russian spy: Skripal asked Putin if he could return home - BBC News

As if there was already lack of any motive for the Russians to poison Skripal, here is another one.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I have no quarrel with what happened to the buildings on 9/11. I understand the physics of their collapse and what the impact of the planes and the resulting fires brought about. Further afield considering who was involved leads me to think that there was something afoot. People need a reason to go to war. I think perhaps certain players provided other players with the means to bring about such conditions. I'm not going into detail here but false flag operations are quite common in history.
I do not believe at all in the 9/11 False Flag theory, in such hypothetical monstrous government conspiracy something would have been leaked....more realistically I admit the very real possibility of gross negligence in failing to prevent it (this has been almost proved) with some deep state circles maybe doing their best to do not get int he terrorist way.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

It's effective. There's no doubt of that.

...and suddenly Trump actually call Putin to congratulate about the election victory and propose a meeting to discuss the arms race.....

Old 03-24-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Russia is a fascinating country, one full of natural wonder, impressive architecture, profound literature, yet still shacked to the past and one that sadly has had a lot of baggage. Perhaps the arrival of a new generation will help that.
Missed this the first time. Russia isn't shackled in the past. They're progressing on many fronts, was there something specific you're referring too?

I think the West is shackled by the past in the form of the Reptilian brain. Look at the actions we've taken in just the last 20 years. We've the technological means to build great cities in space but what do we spend our money on? War. America leads by coercion, intimidation and outright destruction of whole societies.
America, the greatest country on earth, can't do better than that? America can't lead by example? America can't do great things for humanity? Set great examples for other to want to be a part of and follow? Reptile minds rule the west, they lack compassion, they lack common decency and a vision for and of the future. That's not progressive, that's primitive.

Russians are intellectually astute enough to see this and know what it means and the potential for catastrophe a weapon in the hands of a reptile could bring about. They know their history too, call it baggage or whatever you like but their fears are well founded and legitimate as are their actions to date.

The above tells me that you see Russia through the rosey lens of the western perspective, when you look at it that way you don't get the whole picture.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I do not believe at all in the 9/11 False Flag theory, in such hypothetical monstrous government conspiracy something would have been leaked....more realistically I admit the very real possibility of gross negligence in failing to prevent it (this has been almost proved) with some deep state circles maybe doing their best to do not get int he terrorist way.
I cannot discount it. People making deals in order to bring about circumstances to bring about a goal. Your statement is in fact quite possible too. Our security was a freaking joke. The ease with which it was pulled off can tell you that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe