Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2019, 04:39 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
We need to define what "Russian standards" are lately.
The quality of good foods went significantly down in Russia, once Russians learned how to add chemicals in their food American way. "Profits above anything" is their motto now as well.
The latest butch of chocolate candies with iconic Russian name that my mother sent me last time, went straight to the garbage can.
I already pointed at this trend in the "German thread"; this trend of killing the quality of things the corporate way in the name of profits; it infuriates me, and it needs to be stopped once and for all!!!!
I bet that the smaller towns/cities are going to have the good places still in business. I noticed one little hole in the wall in Smolensk is still in business, they had the greatest sausages, pork shishkis and blinis. It's on the opposite side of the town from the trainstation.

The contrast between food quality when I used to go there was most startling to me. American food was so bland in so many ways. Less flavor and little variation in anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 04:46 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
Well go to Youtube, type in "Supersize me" and report back - tell us what you see.
I wonder if the Russian gov will allow you to see the info potentially damaging to the "biz."

Russian government has nothing to do with it. Youtube blocked the channel.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:49 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The quality is not up to Russian standards though. Overpriced and just not as good as the real stuff.

I am not an expert in food. My taste is pretty unpretentious.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:50 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Nothing wrong with a little Mak Dak every now and then. It used to be my go to breakfast in Moscow. I'm still alive!

Old 02-23-2019, 04:59 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Russian government has nothing to do with it. Youtube blocked the channel.

On what ground?
And what does the search "Supersize me" return to you?

But anyways, here it is, the info in the Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me

Old 02-23-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:

My taste is pretty unpretentious too.
But when "Мишка косолапый" has to go to the garbage can - I'm sorry, enough is enough.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
My taste is pretty unpretentious too.
But when "Мишка косолапый" has to go to the garbage can - I'm sorry, enough is enough.
About 10 years ago me and the wife were in Gomel and I picked up a box of chocolates. The wife picked one out of the box and took a bite. She said they were crap. Never touched the rest.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
It's like the frog in the slowly heating pot. Everything gets worse and it's so gradual you never notice.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:46 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
We need to define what "Russian standards" are lately.
The quality of good foods went significantly down in Russia, once Russians learned how to add chemicals in their food American way. "Profits above anything" is their motto now as well.
The latest butch of chocolate candies with iconic Russian name that my mother sent me last time, went straight to the garbage can.
I already pointed at this trend in the "German thread"; this trend of killing the quality of things the corporate way in the name of profits; it infuriates me, and it needs to be stopped once and for all!!!!
Cannot even trust the honey any more.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Cannot even trust the honey any more.

Exactly.
How pathetic it is, when people are missing the products of SOVIET quality)))

Capitalism my a***, the "availability and variety" in Russia - enjoy))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe