Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2020, 10:52 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Humanity has experience much worse in the past, if we survived the 20th century (WWI, Spanish flue, WWII, Cold War etc.) then we will survive for another year, it’s nothing we haven’t already seen. The only difference is that everyone now has a camera and access to the internet in their pockets making everyone more aware of what’s going on.

It's not about "having the worse" Grega, ( I actually believe we went through the worse during the WWII, (except for America of course, that was mostly spared from it.)) It's more about the biblical prophesy, when certain predicaments ( A,B,C,D) should take place before "end of times," "second coming" etc ( I dunno, google it.
But see, in this case by definition "nobody can know the hour" of that second coming, except for God himself. We can only be guessing, whether those predicaments are taking place or not, so when Scrat is assuring me that "there is nothing biblical going on," that basically makes him God.

And if it's the case, then I want to know more about that Chinese plague. Because if it's moving fast and is going to be here soon, I am heading to my favorite Chinese buffet, where I intend to have my last meal.
And nothing is going to stop me, I feel entitled to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2020, 11:28 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
so when Scrat is assuring me that "there is nothing biblical going on," that basically makes him God.
Somebody recently said I thought of myself as a king. I'd run that by the daughters before taking it as a fact. It all depends on where you place your faith I guess. I'm not a person of faith. I'm a person of science and it tells me Greg is correct. Humanity has weathered much much worse and not even batted an eye. 100 years ago 10s of 1000s of Americans were dying from a simple flu, in reality a lot of those deaths were due to prescribed medical practice at the time.

I'll place my faith in science and human knowledge and the efforts of those in China taking the measures they are in order to keep this at bay. They've done an amazing job so far and humanity is going to be around for a long time to come.

Heard something about a crack down on those filthy markets in China, I suspect they'll be going away.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Different topic... I admire Russia's work to save two critically endangered species of large cats: the Amur Leopard and Siberian Tiger. If China was in control of the situation both would already be extinct.

I am not sure about the whole "admiration" part, because Russians ( at least part of them) are well-known violators when it comes to endangered species, and sometimes their treatment of nature/wild and domesticated animals alike can be very barbaric too.

However the OTHER part of population is consistently vocal and active as well.

So every time something outrageous happens in this respect, the angry backlash comes in waves as soon as the news hit the mainstream.
Demands addressed to the government to "tighten the laws" ( which the government is usually reluctant to do,) "to weed out the psychos that have no place among the normal people - today they kill a dog, tomorrow they will kill a child," - that kind of things.
And then of course while the poachers are destroying the wild life, the other part of Russians is seen stubbornly climbing and crawling somewhere, pulling and pushing the wild animals to safety.

And then it needs to be noted that when the poachers are killing the bears for example, ( mother bears in particular,) they still take pity on the cubs for the most part. The orphaned cubs then show up in the near-by villages, and are passed to the "bear orphanages" for rehabilitation.

So at least there is this sense in violators, that what they do is MORALLY wrong.

(One of the alarms passed among the locals in the Russian Far East was that they found a bear cub with severed paws, as soon as the Chinese moved in the area - I've heard that much. And yes, they are concerned that while all the government in Moscow sees are the lucrative deals with the Chinese, the latter ones will rape their lands. So it's a complex subject with other words.)

Old 02-02-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Somebody recently said I thought of myself as a king. I'd run that by the daughters before taking it as a fact.

Don't ask your daughters, ask your significant other I'd say.

See, it's my opinion that we can exhibit different qualities in different uhmm... guises.
You can be a self-sacrificing and most devoted parent, or easy-going co-worker, yet it's a totally different story what you might be in personal relationship))) So you might get different feedbacks, it all depends.

Quote:
It all depends on where you place your faith I guess. I'm not a person of faith. I'm a person of science and it tells me Greg is correct. Humanity has weathered much much worse and not even batted an eye. 100 years ago 10s of 1000s of Americans were dying from a simple flu, in reality a lot of those deaths were due to prescribed medical practice at the time.
As I've said - it's not about "the worst," it's all about the upcoming major change ( if anything) in my understanding. And, as I've already mentioned may be, I was raised by the scientists ( not in a lab though, I swear))) ) and they didn't see any contradictions between the "science" and "God." ( However they expressed to me their opinion on "organized religion" early on too.)

Quote:
I'll place my faith in science and human knowledge and the efforts of those in China taking the measures they are in order to keep this at bay. They've done an amazing job so far and humanity is going to be around for a long time to come.

Heard something about a crack down on those filthy markets in China, I suspect they'll be going away.
I am afraid too little, too late.

Plus, if you'll read the article, the whole Asia and Africa are full of them - not just Wuhan, where things fired back and got out of hands.

Old 02-03-2020, 01:40 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Looks like I found the answers to my questions. The hysteria with the CV epidemic is the result of an internal Chinese political squabble. Some Chinese elites use this to solve their political problems. Chinese Maidan is also likely.

(Russian language)

https://youtu.be/trSDXrTfazk

This is a normal virus, nothing interesting. Flu and measles are much more dangerous (by the way, a new strain of measles has resistant to modern vaccines, it seems that it will be interesting soon).

Old 02-03-2020, 03:53 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
How's Russia going to handle an anti Russian revolution in Belarus? I heard we are cooking up a deal with oil to pry them away from any "union" idea with Russia.

Old 02-03-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
How's Russia going to handle an anti Russian revolution in Belarus? I heard we are cooking up a deal with oil to pry them away from any "union" idea with Russia.
Good question. I'm sure America is going to match Russias price. Not. There's a movement afoot there to oust Lukashenko and anyone he may appoint. It's sponsored by Poland mainly and the usual suspects. Luka isn't going to be alive forever, we'll see then most likely.

Old 02-03-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
You assure me?

I think I need something more convincing than your assurance, something that will make me feel more all fuzzy and warm inside))

After all, Putin's army is already in Damascus ( isn't it?)

And I need to figure out what's that that Trump is signing/negotiating for Israel when it comes to creation of Palestinian state, and who agrees with all that ( or not.)
That might play a pivotal role.

But I still can't get to this part for whatever reason; there is too much other stuff going on))
In the field of situational portents and slinging chicken bones on a grass matt there's something developing in Syria. Turkey has moved forces into Idlib province. Syria and the Turks have been shooting at one another. Russia is involved.

I wonder if the Kremlin will do anything about this. I'm not convinced they know exactly what is going on.

If you're going to be there in Syria you can't be a wimp about it.

Old 02-03-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

I have a better question for you - what happened to the narrative "Lukashenko is a dictator, Belorussia must be free," that Pompeo (all smiles) is rushing to Minsk now, to shake hands with him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_n1Oq27WJo

To concoct yet another "color revolution" on post-soviet territories?

We all know what's going on, don't we?

Last edited by erasure; 02-03-2020 at 06:37 PM..

Old 02-03-2020, 07:25 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I have a better question for you - what happened to the narrative "Lukashenko is a dictator, Belorussia must be free," that Pompeo (all smiles) is rushing to Minsk now, to shake hands with him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_n1Oq27WJo

To concoct yet another "color revolution" on post-soviet territories?

We all know what's going on, don't we?
Unfortunately, this is the whole point of American politics. "Nothing personal, just business". America does only that which can bring any profit or benefit. In this case, they do not care about Lukashenko, they need to weaken Russia. They have already torn away Ukraine from the influence of Russia, now they want to tear Belarus away too. I think everyone understands that this meeting is from the category of "spite for my mother frostbite ears." Well, Lukashenko, in my opinion, is making a big mistake. The fate of Yanukovych, Hussein, Bin-Laden did not seem to teach him anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe