Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2020, 11:56 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Looks like I found the answers to my questions. The hysteria with the CV epidemic is the result of an internal Chinese political squabble. Some Chinese elites use this to solve their political problems. Chinese Maidan is also likely.

(Russian language)

https://youtu.be/trSDXrTfazk

This is a normal virus, nothing interesting. Flu and measles are much more dangerous (by the way, a new strain of measles has resistant to modern vaccines, it seems that it will be interesting soon).

Maxim, you still think it's just a "normal virus" (i.e. of "regular" kind.,) with a speed it progresses?

P.S. I didn't listen to this clip yet, (al though I am aware by now of few "conspiracy theories circulating out there,) HOWEVER;
This particular doctor was one of the first whistleblowers, who saw it coming, and he definitely saw it ORIGINALLY in people who visited that damn market.

When he tried to warn his colleagues on social media site, he was warned by the police in wonderful successful China to not to spread "false rumors."
Now he has that coronavirus himself.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/03/asia/...hnk/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 12:34 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Maxim, you still think it's just a "normal virus" (i.e. of "regular" kind.,) with a speed it progresses?

P.S. I didn't listen to this clip yet, (al though I am aware by now of few "conspiracy theories circulating out there,) HOWEVER;
This particular doctor was one of the first whistleblowers, who saw it coming, and he definitely saw it ORIGINALLY in people who visited that damn market.

When he tried to warn his colleagues on social media site, he was warned by the police in wonderful successful China to not to spread "false rumors."

300-500 thousand people die from the flu every year in the world. 100 thousand people (mostly children) die from measles every year. 20,000 patients and a mortality rate of 2-3% (it seems that this is a true indicator, btw, this coincides with the calculation of grega94 in the first days ) - this is not a reason to block cities in my understanding. Previously, cities were not blocked, although this is not the first viral epidemic in recent years in China. I think that the version about planned state coup in China is more likely. And I'm not surprised that American media are sowing panic in this case.

Old 02-05-2020, 01:18 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
300-500 thousand people die from the flu every year in the world. 100 thousand people (mostly children) die from measles every year. 20,000 patients and a mortality rate of 2-3% (it seems that this is a true indicator, btw, this coincides with the calculation of grega94 in the first days ) - this is not a reason to block cities in my understanding. Previously, cities were not blocked, although this is not the first viral epidemic in recent years in China. I think that the version about planned state coup in China is more likely. And I'm not surprised that American media are sowing panic in this case.

And Russia is not "sowing panic" judging by the attire here and the arrangements?
( Evacuation of Russians here from Wuhan. Note; only confirmed not infected ppl are allowed to leave per Chinese authorities order.)
Thanks lord Russians scooped up at least 16 citizens of other former SU republics, Ukrainians including.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABDiWglvww

Old 02-05-2020, 02:14 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
And Russia is not "sowing panic" judging by the attire here and the arrangements?
( Evacuation of Russians here from Wuhan. Note; only confirmed not infected ppl are allowed to leave per Chinese authorities order.)
Thanks lord Russians scooped up at least 16 citizens of other former SU republics, Ukrainians including.)
Perhaps Russia joins quarantine in order to help the Chinese leader "save face" (as I understand it, he did not give an order to block the cities, but he is responsible for this). In addition, Russia evacuated citizens by military aircraft. Perhaps they did fly to China not empty.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:43 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
I think what we're seeing is just a knee jerk over reaction by everyone involved. Hype is taking its toll. So far as I can discern the only thing that makes this new virus different from the common flu is it's long incubation period. It's easily spread because of that. How many people have died so far? 500? Not to sound callous but lets look at the fact that over 24000 have been diagnosed with it. Not a high death rate.

There's been epidemics in the past that killed 10s of millions worldwide.

China is going to great lenghts to stop its spread and doing a good job of it all things considered. If you read the MSM you'd get the totally opposite impression.

Old 02-05-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The greatest system of looting in the world is in Russia. But they love it, give corrupt officials half of their money and they are content.

36% of Russians aged 18 to 24 wish to emigrate. So maybe those aren't as happy with their future being robbed by "authorities".
Not too far down the road and over the hill from me is a town called Des Moines. I have a friend that lives there. The people of the city are being taxed out of their homes, out of their livelyhoods and out of their lives. Why?

Corruption.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ees/757813001/

What citizen of Des Moines gets 4 percent raises every year? A 20,000 per year vehicle allowance? Caddillac health insurance. All this put together is a compensation package worth well over 300,000 a year.

And that's just the mayor.

People voting themselves raises and compensation is the epitomy of corruption. Normandy Park had (and probably still has) the same problem. In Burien Wa there was a firechief making over 300k a year for sitting in an office and wearing a pretty uniform, 20 years ago.

And you call Russia corrupt?

Corruption in America is so ingrained in the culture we're going to have to burn it all down. It's so pervasive it's part of our society now. It's normal.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:

The Chinese government wants to keep things under control. One screw up and things get much much worse. Thats the way its always been in Chinese society. Keep in mind, China lives and has lived on the edge for 1000s of years. The fabric of society falls apart then there's a steep price to pay. China is not like any other country in the world.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:16 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
The fact that you know how much these officials make is a stark difference between Iowa and Russian corruption. How does the sister of the new russian prime minister have 16 million in real estate while never having a job or marriage? Bribery and theft from the budget is not the same thing as well paid American officials but okay.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:51 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The fact that you know how much these officials make is a stark difference between Iowa and Russian corruption. How does the sister of the new russian prime minister have 16 million in real estate while never having a job or marriage? Bribery and theft from the budget is not the same thing as well paid American officials but okay.
Yeah, of course .. You still tell us a fairy tale that American officials never steal from the budget ..

Want to Cut Government Waste? Find the $8.5 Trillion the Pentagon Can’t Account For

Quote:
Special Enterprise Reporter Scot Paltrow unearthed the “high cost of the Pentagon’s bad bookkeeping” in a Reuters investigation. It amounts to $8.5 trillion in taxpayer money doled out by Congress to the Pentagon since 1996 that has never been accounted for.
https://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...142321339.html

Old 02-05-2020, 11:55 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Rich people here aren't getting it from connections to the government. Sorry, but it's nothing like Russian corruption at all. No police would come take me away if I revealed a corruption scheme. It's a sad thing that Russians are poor and have their national fortune stolen from them, and they believe the same stuff happens in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe